Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardware versand insolvent

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

nationmad wrote: »
    well hope so, i'll ring them tomorrow to see whats the story. ahhh well.. :) see what happens

They are now essentially a different legal entity and there should not be a problem with your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

The lesson to be learned is not that HWVS are scoundrels, it's that nobody should ever pay for stuff via bank transfer, with any company. You aren't protected if you do. HWVS pissed people off by essentially going bust, any company could do that and if you pay via bank transfer you'll be screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Redfox25

laneooo wrote: »
    I was thinking about this aswell do you'll think its even worth following up on this? Owed 350...

350 is still 350. Gofor it

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Anybody else get a letter from them today about this?
    All in german says basically write them a letter..but theres big parts that i dont understand.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Take a picture of it anyway and someone will probably be able to translate for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Anybody else get a letter from them today about this?
    All in german says basically write them a letter..but theres big parts that i dont understand.....
    Use Google Translate :)

There's 10 pages front and back im using a phone app it takes a picture and translates.

Guys this is the sheet i have to fill out but need a bit of help just to make sure that im doing it right anybody able to understand ta old bit of german

http://imgur.com/tfJq8Ue
    http://imgur.com/fYqNxOi

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gabz

hey Guys, I am also filling out the forms and I just thought I might share what I know, It might help someone,
    here are the forms in PDF from the Atelco website(I'm a new user and I can't post links so I removed the http bit) atelco.de/ai/download/assets/forderungsanmeldung_atelco_computer.pdf
    , from what I read on their website, filling out the forms is not enough(correct me if I'm wrong) and hence I'm also writing a letter, when writing the letter don't forget to sign it and send it to:

Rechtsanwalt
    Dr. Christoph Schulte-Kaubrügger
    Königswall 21
    44137 Dortmund

the link with all the info is here: atelco.de/insolvenz

gabz wrote: »
    hey Guys, I am also filling out the forms and I just thought I might share what I know, It might help someone,
    here are the forms in PDF from the Atelco website(I'm a new user and I can't post links so I removed the http bit) atelco.de/ai/download/assets/forderungsanmeldung_atelco_computer.pdf
    , from what I read on their website, filling out the forms is not enough(correct me if I'm wrong) and hence I'm also writing a letter, when writing the letter don't forget to sign it and send it to:

Rechtsanwalt
    Dr. Christoph Schulte-Kaubrügger
    Königswall 21
    44137 Dortmund

the link with all the info is here: atelco.de/insolvenz

Do you understand the form you have to fill out you wouldn't mind posting a form with fake info on it or what you have to put here and there would greatly appreciate it if you could.

• Advertisement

Do you understand the form you have to fill out you wouldn't mind posting a form with fake info on it or what you have to put here and there would greatly appreciate it if you could.

I'll try, my German is nowhere near native(LC1 student), I haven't gotten to filling it out(have been writing the letter first) but once I do I will make a fake version and post it here
    :)

gabz wrote: »
    I'll try, my German is nowhere near native(LC1 student), I haven't gotten to filling it out(have been writing the letter first) but once I do I will make a fake version and post it here
    :)
    Cheers mate really do appreciate it trying to translate but just don't make sense to me I'll try the letter now myself.

Cheers mate really do appreciate it trying to translate but just don't make sense to me I'll try the letter now myself.

Hey, after looking through the forms, I decided not to fill them out and only send the letter, this is because :
    1.If it was required to fill it out they would give an English translation like they did for the letter,
    2.the forms contains a lot of complicated stuff like interest rates or local district court, which makes me think the form is for companies

And if for some reason they need the form they will let me know, I attached my email address in the letter

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I need to do another small build soon and I was just going to put in an order to HWVS out of habit without even thinking.

Good thing I saw this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Rob2D wrote: »
    I need to do another small build soon and I was just going to put in an order to HWVS out of habit without even thinking.

Good thing I saw this thread!

I ordered some parts from them last week and 4 of the 5 parts have already arrived... (PSU arriving soon I hope) so seems to be back in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Ordered an Asrock Beebox mini pc for the oul lad a few days ago for €159 or thereabouts. Got worried when the ram arrived on its own the other day. Didn't relish the thought of dealing with there CS at the best of times never mind while they are in receivership. However it must have been drops hipped from distributor warehouse because it arrived today. Wouldn't have ordered from them at all if I didn't have the security of paying by ViSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

should i buy my build for €700 euro from them? i was planning on doing it next friday as there is something on there website about black friday deals. Are they safe now or should i go for some other company?

sry kind of new to this

Nobody here knows their current status and how their business is doing since their issues. Same can be said for any of their competitors though. It's really simple, buy from whoever you like but to protect yourself never, ever pay via bank transfer.

Do they now accept paypal?

They always did except for a few weeks before they went tits up. That's why some people won't use them cos that was a deliberate ploy to get money in the door knowing full well some of those paying would be left without what they paid for and have no means of recourse.

• Advertisement

do they have it now then?

Yes. So do loads of other more reputable sellers. Cheapest isn't always best.

any alternatives you suggest then?

In the UK Scan or Overclockers but the exchange rate means pricing isn't great, in Germany Mindfactory seem to be the go to place now and are also very cheap. Computer universe has also been used by many a boardsie with no issues.

Advertisement