Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardware versand insolvent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Anyone know what sort of custom tax I would get charged on an i5 from Newegg, works out about 240 euro with delivery. Pretty reasonable without customs so far!

23% which would bring you to almost €300

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MagTuired

Christ!

Very sorry to hear for all the people who are still expecting money back.

But in a way...good riddance? They sounded like an absolutely unprofessional shower of wasters that could be considered rude even by German standards.

Hope everyone is reimbursed soon! Will update with photos of my build soonish, bought all my bits and bobs in a shop in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

MagTuired wrote: »
    Christ!

bought all my bits and bobs in a shop in Cork.

What shop in cork out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

From what I read in German forums/press, Hardwareversand.de is a daughter company of Alteco which has applied for insolvency protection/receivership. The wages of staff are guraranteed to 30.9.17 and, according to an open letter by HArdwareversand, they are continuing to trade as normal. Anyone having ordered before 23.7. will be contacted by them individually. Allegedly prepaid orders will again be possible "shortly" and their delivery is assured.
    However, given the uncertainty of their continued existence, why would anyone take the risk.
    I've looked into Mindfactory.de and Caseking.de, both will deliver to Ireland but at a price (30 and from 35 Euro (40 for 9 kg and 45 for a 30 kg parcel), .
    I have ordered from Mindfactory before, many years ago without problems, Caseking is a new one for me, but seems to get favourable reviews. Both use bank transfer as the cheapest payment option, but Paypal is available at a charge of 1.7 % for MIndfactory. I could not find any info on a Paypal surcharge for Caseking.

HowAreWe wrote: »
    What shop in cork out of interest?

<snip>

I was waiting for them to order in a Windforce GTX 970, but now they've offered me an Asus GTX 970 Turbo for the same price.

http://www.asus.com/ie/Graphics_Cards/TURBOGTX970OC4GD5/

Also changed my RAM up for some snazzy looking Avexir Sabranco RAM (these parts are going into a white H440 with a Krait motherboard).

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/memory/avexir_sabranco_series_ddr3_memory/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 gtaking111

I just ordered a EVGA 970 reference refurb from HWVS and it worked out at 282 delivered which is pretty good. I haven't paid by bank transfer yet as I'm a little worried and there was no PayPal option. They seem to be clearing out a lot of their stock and while I have never had any problems before, I'm worried that I'll have no warranty or something will go wrong. Has anyone had any problems over the last few days? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

gtaking111 wrote: »
    I just ordered a EVGA 970 reference refurb from HWVS and it worked out at 282 delivered which is pretty good. I haven't paid by bank transfer yet as I'm a little worried and there was no PayPal option. They seem to be clearing out a lot of their stock and while I have never had any problems before, I'm worried that I'll have no warranty or something will go wrong. Has anyone had any problems over the last few days? Cheers

Is this a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 igorrasic

Its EVGA, why not? :D

How would warranties be affected by all this actually? If a retailer closes, does your warranty expire too, or are they tied to the manufacturer? Probably a stupid question, but hey.

How would warranties be affected by all this actually? If a retailer closes, does your warranty expire too, or are they tied to the manufacturer? Probably a stupid question, but hey.

EVGA is best for RMA, you dont need to have inovice, free shipping to them and back, can remove cooler without voiding warranty.. doing all what customer wants.. so he doesnt need to worry about that card! :)

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    I bought a HTPC off them before, the box arrived, all it had in it was a plug adaptor for EU to UK plugs. That was a fun few weeks of arguing with them until I disputed the charges with my bank, they moved pretty quickly on getting me the PC after that.

Yeah, you could see the Komplett downfall when the forums started filling with tales of RMA woes. Then the prices started to rise and they lost business hand over foot to other suppliers.

I have always been wary of Hardwareversand, their customer support for English speakers was near non-existent. It's been a good 5 years of amazon for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I made about 6 fairly large purchases from HWVA over the last 5 years, never gad any issues from them.

That being said, Amazon are second to none when it comes to returns/customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,130 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

superg wrote: »
    Tough to lose money but shows the problem with paying by bank transfer really, you have no protection. At least with a credit card or paypal you can get refunded without the shop having any say in it.

Main reason I stayed away from them, along with a 60 day RMA I had to go through two years ago.

Hopefully those out of pocket get sorted, but if you paid by bank transfer, I'd say you will be writing that off as a lesson learned.

Never buy expensive **** online unless via paypal or card. You have insurance on purchases and protection. As someone else said your not getting thrown onto a creditor list where you rarely will get anything back.

With some luck, the assigned administrator might get the company trading for a bit, where you can get the product, or something of similar value. They most likely won't have the credit line to process mass refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,130 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You are still covered by the manufacturer, as most components come with a manufacturers guarantee. Important to distinguish between guarantee and warranty.

HWS will still be liable for the duration of the warranty, as your contract is with them. So for as long as they are trading, they are liable for warranty and RMA returns. I'd just advise dealing with the Manufacturer directly, since HWS seem to be terrible at it.

Your component will come with a manafacturer guarantee that will outline its length, the basic is 12 months, some are two years, others longer.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Main reason I stayed away from them, along with a 60 day RMA I had to go through two years ago.

Hopefully those out of pocket get sorted, but if you paid by bank transfer, I'd say you will be writing that off as a lesson learned.

Never buy expensive **** online unless via paypal or card. You have insurance on purchases and protection. As someone else said your not getting thrown onto a creditor list where you rarely will get anything back.

With some luck, the assigned administrator might get the company trading for a bit, where you can get the product, or something of similar value. They most likely won't have the credit line to process mass refunds.

Well, I would accept referent titan x for g1 980ti :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Is there any website that compares prices across all the Amazon's to speed up seeing where is cheaper?

Could be worth ordering a few parts off each one depending what shipping works out at from the continental ones.

Atelco sent me this mail, someone knows good german to translate?

Sehr geehrte Kundin, sehr geehrter Kunde,

wir möchten uns nochmals für Ihre Bestellung und Ihr Vertrauen bedanken. Es ist uns ein Anliegen, Sie über die derzeitige Situation zu informieren.

Die ATELCO Computer AG ( - bzw. andere Gesellschaften der ATELCO-Unternehmensgruppe) hat am 23.07.2015 beim Amtsgericht Arnsberg die Eröffnung des Insolvenzverfahrens mit dem Ziel einer langfristigen Sanierung bzw. Restrukturierung beantragt. Herr Rechtsanwalt Dr. Christoph Schulte-Kaubrügger, White & Case, wurde zum vorläufigen Insolvenzverwalter bestellt. Der Vorstand und der vorläufige Insolvenzverwalter werden in den nächsten Wochen die Chancen und Möglichkeiten für eine langfristige Sanierung bzw. Restrukturierung ausloten.
    Die ATELCO-Unternehmensgruppe setzt ihren Geschäftsbetrieb unverändert fort.

Was bedeutet das für Sie?
    Ihre Bestellung und Zahlung ist vor dem 23.07.15 bei uns eingegangen. Wir bedauern, dass die bestellte Ware bislang nicht bzw. nicht vollständig ausgeliefert werden konnte.
    Noch nicht ausgelieferte Ware aus dieser Bestellung kann aufgrund insolvenzrechtlicher Vorschriften nicht mehr versendet werden. Es müsste ggf. eine Neubestellung ausgelöst werden, die dann erneut bezahlt werden muss.
    Da Sie vor dem 23.07.2015 im Voraus bezahlt haben, besteht für Sie ein Rückforderungsanspruch, der derzeit nicht erfüllt werden kann. Sie können ihre Ansprüche nach der Eröffnung des Insolvenzverfahrens (voraussichtlich am 01.10.2015) beim sodann bestellten Insolvenzverwalter anmelden.

Gerne hätten wir Ihnen eine positivere Information zukommen lassen und möchten für die derzeitige Situation unser Bedauern ausdrücken.

igorrasic wrote: »
    Atelco sent me this mail, someone knows good german to translate?

wir möchten uns nochmals für Ihre Bestellung und Ihr Vertrauen bedanken. Es ist uns ein Anliegen, Sie über die derzeitige Situation zu informieren.

Die ATELCO Computer AG ( - bzw. andere Gesellschaften der ATELCO-Unternehmensgruppe) hat am 23.07.2015 beim Amtsgericht Arnsberg die Eröffnung des Insolvenzverfahrens mit dem Ziel einer langfristigen Sanierung bzw. Restrukturierung beantragt. Herr Rechtsanwalt Dr. Christoph Schulte-Kaubrügger, White & Case, wurde zum vorläufigen Insolvenzverwalter bestellt. Der Vorstand und der vorläufige Insolvenzverwalter werden in den nächsten Wochen die Chancen und Möglichkeiten für eine langfristige Sanierung bzw. Restrukturierung ausloten.

Ihre Bestellung und Zahlung ist vor dem 23.07.15 bei uns eingegangen. Wir bedauern, dass die bestellte Ware bislang nicht bzw. nicht vollständig ausgeliefert werden konnte.
    Noch nicht ausgelieferte Ware aus dieser Bestellung kann aufgrund insolvenzrechtlicher Vorschriften nicht mehr versendet werden. Es müsste ggf. eine Neubestellung ausgelöst werden, die dann erneut bezahlt werden muss.
    Da Sie vor dem 23.07.2015 im Voraus bezahlt haben, besteht für Sie ein Rückforderungsanspruch, der derzeit nicht erfüllt werden kann. Sie können ihre Ansprüche nach der Eröffnung des Insolvenzverfahrens (voraussichtlich am 01.10.2015) beim sodann bestellten Insolvenzverwalter anmelden.

Gerne hätten wir Ihnen eine positivere Information zukommen lassen und möchten für die derzeitige Situation unser Bedauern ausdrücken.

Give me a few minutes, I should be able to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Your post is all in English for me. Chrome auto translates for me.

Below is what I read:

ATELCO sent me this mail, someone knows good German to translate? Dear Customer, Dear Customer, We would like to thank you again for your order and your confidence. It is important for us to inform you about the current situation. The ATELCO Computer AG (- or other companies of the ATELCO group of companies) has on 23.07.2015 the district court Arnsberg the opening of insolvency proceedings with a view to long-term reorganization and restructuring requested. Attorney Dr. Christoph Schulte-Kaubrügger, White & Case has been appointed as the temporary insolvency administrator. The Executive Board and the preliminary insolvency administrator will explore the opportunities and possibilities for a long-term rehabilitation or restructuring in the next few weeks. The ATELCO Group continues its business operations remain unchanged. What does that mean for you? your order and payment is before 23:07:15 received. We regret that the goods ordered previously and could not be fully delivered not. goods not yet delivered from this order can not be dispatched due to the insolvency legislation. It would possibly be a reappointment triggered, which then must be paid again. Since you have paid before 07/23/2015 in advance, consists of a repayment claim, which currently can not be met. You can their claims after the opening of insolvency proceedings (presumably on 10.1.2015) when then ordered insolvency administrator login. We would have liked to send you a more positive information and would like for the current situation to express our regret.

I read it as any payment in before announcement(23/7), your **** out of luck. You will be at the back of a long list of creditors.

If you want the product, buy it again from them. The company is still running(zombie stock clearance) but can be declared insolvent at any time. Luckily, its quite against the law to declare bankruptcy and continue taking money after the fact with no intention of doing anything but keeping it.

Personally, I wouldn't at this stage give them a cent. I'd also write off any money with them as gone.

• Advertisement

Dear Customer

We want to thank you again for your order and ask you for your trust. It is our responsibility to inform you of the present situation.

This bit is a bit complicated – not very knowledgeable about legal proceedings, but they basically declared themselves insolvent and have a long term aim of redeveloping the business via restructuring. They list the lawyer who has been put in charge of this restricting process, saying that the lawyer and the executive board will tease out the possibilities for long-term redevelopment in the coming weeks.

This claims that businesses under the ATELCO group will continue business as usual.

What does this mean for you?

Your order and payment were received by us before the 23/07/15. We regret to inform you that the ordered goods could not be full delivered.

Wares that have not been delivered cannot be delivered due to the restrictions imposed by the company’s insolvency. A new order would have to be created and paid for again.

Ok…this bit is tricky. Something like: since you paid on the 23/07/2015 in advance, a claim for restitution exists which cannot be fulfilled. You can file your claims after the opening of the insolvency proceedings (provisionally on the 01/10/2015) by registering with the insolvency manger (sorry, don’t know this term – something like the insolvency supervisor).

"We would have liked to give you some positive news and want to express our apologies for the current situation."

hahhaha.. **** them!

They took our money, and will invest it in their company so it can survive. I don't have any hope in refund :/

i don't have another 700€ for gpu, now would be without it, and see what will happen -.-''

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Got the same email but thankfully I contacted my credit card company last week and had a refund of €565 paid back on Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Commiserations to anyone who has an order in limbo with HWVS.

Personally, I stopped using them after the condition my first and only order with them arrived in; a full system's worth of parts, including several oem parts, all placed in an oversized outer carton with no packing material between the pieces. So harddrives and a souncard rattling around a cavernous carton that was crushed pretty badly between Germany and Ireland.

I've had much better luck with Computer Universe and CaseKing (who now own OcUK).

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

So what do we do then?
    Surely they can't just keep our money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

muffler wrote: »
    Got the same email but thankfully I contacted my credit card company last week and had a refund of €565 paid back on Saturday

Got the same mail today. :mad: How did you get your claim back from the credit card company? I was told that I have to fill out a Credit Card Transaction Dispute Form?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LazyTuna

What does this mean for someone caught in this situation? I've bought nearly €800 worth of goods so as to build my first pc and am unaware of what I should do now. Any suggestions?

LazyTuna wrote: »
    What does this mean for someone caught in this situation? I've bought nearly €800 worth of goods so as to build my first pc and am unaware of what I should do now. Any suggestions?

I will go tomorrow to bank to see if i can do something for refund. I payed exaclty 1 month before. I went to bank and they transfereted money from my account to their in Sparkasse.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Chops95

Spent over €1000. I have no clue what to do atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

igorrasic wrote: »
    I will go tomorrow to bank to see if i can do something for refund. I payed exaclty 1 month before. I went to bank and they transfereted money from my account to their in Sparkasse.
    Will u post back here if u find out anything?

Advertisement