Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardware versand insolvent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 agentblue

laneooo wrote: »
    Could u just order something else that is in stock as a from of getting the money back no?
    The way I read the Google translation of their email, they want me to buy the components that they didn't send again! Needless to say I won't be doing that.
    I'm going to put my faith in paypal now and hope for a speedy resolution. I still have a PC to build after all this mess is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Could u just order something else that is in stock as a from of getting the money back no?

No, hardwareversand is essentially a different entity now than what it was before.

Think of it as a completely new company. They are not obligated to fulfill any orders that were submitted before the insolvency.

The insolvency administrator is there to keep the place going at all costs, this includes not paying out unsecured debts.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

agentblue wrote: »
    The way I read the Google translation of their email, they want me to buy the components that they didn't send again! Needless to say I won't be doing that.
    I'm going to put my faith in paypal now and hope for a speedy resolution. I still have a PC to build after all this mess is over.

Yeah no i mean like myself they owe me 371 maybe if i ask to get a monitor or something as i payed by transfer.
    What ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,130 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Their customer service is poor at the best of times for English speaking customers, I'd imagine they will be through the roof this week with calls and e-mails.

If you paid by paypal or card, open a dispute with your card company and paypal immediately, and get your refund. Paypal insure X amount by default, so they just refund you, and then they go after the credit from the seller, in this case HWVS. They will mass refund paypal customers and go as a heavier creditor with more weight, as opposed to one person on their own who paid bank transfer.

If you paid by bank transfer, my heart literally breaks for yuo. you won't be seeing that money again, as you are in a very long list of creditors, and individual customers are the ones that are easily ignored, as opposed to suppliers wholesalers and when paypal setp in, looking for massive amounts and have legal teams that can turn the screw. Your best best is to try get HWVS to send you something of relative value from the remaining stock they have.

But jesus lads, looking at people here saying they handed over 1k+ in bank transfer and stuff, never send unsecured payments unless its for values you will happily walk away from if its gone. Thats like internet shopping 101, make sure you use a reliable payment method that has cover.

For those who spent big bucks, I'd make sure to keep in touch, try source alternative parts etc. For those who maybe lost out on a small amount, just walk away and take it as a lesson learned for online shopping.

Yeah no i mean like myself they owe me 371 for maybe if i ask to get a monitor or something as i payed by transfer.
    What ya think?

It's worth a shot, but the likelyhood is that they wont do replacements, as it will mean a further hit on their balances and financials which they arn't going to do with an administrator trying to sort the place out.

worth a shot alright, and obviously if it happened to me I'd keep at it and hassling them. But the likelyhood is all customers are going to be sidelined while bigger creditors are sorted out and I'd imagine many back orders are going to left hanging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Feck it sent them an email if i get anywere ill let ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jesus i was really close to buying a GFX card off them last week, but decided on Amazon.

Wow, dodged a bullet there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,316 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Skerries wrote: »

Can mindfactory and cyberport be viewed in english? can't seem to find english button anywhere :P

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LmnadZ

Skerries wrote: »

Just in time for my first PC this happens to hardwaresand:(
    I have ordered parts from computeruniverse past weekend,no problem so far.
    though shipping charges are annoying.

They all seem to cheaper anyway compared to buying from Ireland.Amazon UK is good too especially with free delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 agentblue

TheDoc wrote: »
    Their customer service is poor at the best of times for English speaking customers, I'd imagine they will be through the roof this week with calls and e-mails.

If you paid by paypal or card, open a dispute with your card company and paypal immediately, and get your refund. Paypal insure X amount by default, so they just refund you, and then they go after the credit from the seller, in this case HWVS. They will mass refund paypal customers and go as a heavier creditor with more weight, as opposed to one person on their own who paid bank transfer.

If you paid by bank transfer, my heart literally breaks for yuo. you won't be seeing that money again, as you are in a very long list of creditors, and individual customers are the ones that are easily ignored, as opposed to suppliers wholesalers and when paypal setp in, looking for massive amounts and have legal teams that can turn the screw. Your best best is to try get HWVS to send you something of relative value from the remaining stock they have.

But jesus lads, looking at people here saying they handed over 1k+ in bank transfer and stuff, never send unsecured payments unless its for values you will happily walk away from if its gone. Thats like internet shopping 101, make sure you use a reliable payment method that has cover.

For those who spent big bucks, I'd make sure to keep in touch, try source alternative parts etc. For those who maybe lost out on a small amount, just walk away and take it as a lesson learned for online shopping.

So the question is now: do I leave it with PayPal or do I get on to my CC company as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,316 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

HowAreWe wrote: »
    Can mindfactory and cyberport be viewed in english? can't seem to find english button anywhere :P

view in Chrome and right click and click (translate into English) if it doesn't do it automatically

So the question is now: do I leave it with PayPal or do I get on to my CC company as well?

No harm opening up cases with both, and advising each of them the course you have taken. They will communicate with each other anyway to sort it out, but doesn't hurt to get in touch with your CC, explained youve opened a case with paypal for this issue(explain what happened) and ask if its advisable to open a case with them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I had to pay them through Paypal but when things began to look dodgy I took the route of contacting the CC company only and had a full refund within 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Moon54 wrote: »
    Scan.co.uk, Amazon.co.uk, Overclockers.co.uk... all have good/great customer
    service with reasonable/free delivery charges.

Having read through the whole thread, just wanted to comment on the above. Of the three companies listed I tend to use Scan & Amazon (or a combination of the two) as I find parts tend to be cheaper on either of those than Overclockers who are rather expensive all things told. Even their "sale of the week" items tend to be about the same price as "normal" pricing on scan or amazon.

That said, all three have never disappointed me, even when there have been order mishaps (few and far between).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

MagTuired wrote: »
    Found some information about insolvency in Germany here. The wording is a bit confusing though.

By the sound of the e-mail you lads received, they're going to try and go ahead with the business, so if it's not just PR and you get your claims in hopefully it can be resolved.

There's a post on Reddit about it too now, might have some handy info in it.

Don't touch them with a ten foot barge pole.

Here is a rough outline of how the process works in Ireland, which I'm assuming is pretty similar to Germany.

Company states they can't pay their debts, files for bankruptcy.

Administrator is appointed to the company. He looks to make sure they can't actually pay their debts and if the business is viable. This is dependant on what the secured creditors will agree too, usually is a balance between a low percentage paid back immediately, or a higher percentage over time.

If the company can't make money or the creditors don't agree, everything is wound down and sold off. The first people to be paid are the banks/credit card company's/insolvency administrators. Then it's the staff obligations. Then the customers, which is usually nothing at this point. If you have paid money back into the company and they wind it down, you are still bottom of this list. Its not worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

This is sad reading for people who can't get money back.

I know if I spent money on a computer build now and lost it, it would be along time before I would have the money again.

Now I wonder, can we use our buying power to secure deals on other sites? A boards deal code for 10‰ off or something. With an Irish company. Anyone ever try anything like that? How many new customers would it bring to a company could anyone guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

This is sad reading for people who can't get money back.

I know if I spent money on a computer build now and lost it, it would be along time before I would have the money again.

Now I wonder, can we use our buying power to secure deals on other sites? A boards deal code for 10‰ off or something. With an Irish company. Anyone ever try anything like that? How many new customers would it bring to a company could anyone guess?

Not gonna happen, turnovers are already too low on components, that's why they're never featured on Massdrop

Not gonna happen, turnovers are already too low on components, that's why they're never featured on Massdrop

But dammit we can try! We have to try!

Even free feckin shipping or a Dominoes pizza garlic bread voucher.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

With the amount that users here have spent in HWVS over the years, you'd think a company would try something to take the space in the marketplace. But then, I suppose we have rules about advertising too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

With the amount that users here have spent in HWVS over the years, you'd think a company would try something to take the space in the marketplace. But then, I suppose we have rules about advertising too.

Its a harsh business to be in. You need significant purchasing power to be competitive, stock devalues quickly and the RMA process for components could be very time consuming with a large number of false flags.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

If my wildest dreams came true, we'd get 5%. I'd imagine if we did a little market research, and went to some of the common retailers, after lots and lots and lots of talks, emails, etc. we might get 2%.

Serephucus wrote: »
    If my wildest dreams came true, we'd get 5%. I'd imagine if we did a little market research, and went to some of the common retailers, after lots and lots and lots of talks, emails, etc. we might get 2%.

10% wouldn't make Dabs competitive, so there's really no point in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Sad to hear this, I bought all my PC components from them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

We could always approach a good retailer to see if it would be possible to get a discount for forum members, not sure if it has been tried before in B&U?

I see in the Vaping forum they have a lot of e-tailer discount codes, but they tend to be much smaller operations, less expensive stock, probably higher margins and there products arent obselete 6 months down the line!

Could try the likes of Komplett, while no longer having an Irish presence, they at least maintained their talk to forum here, and may be more open to interaction and possible deals.

We complain there are no competitive Irish offerings, if we bring buying power to one or two "local" shops like this things may change.

I look at the richersounds forum and look enviously at their stock clearance threads when they come up every 3-4 months, would be class to have that engagement with one of the component retailers.

Elara, Dabs, memoryC are other options maybe, im sure there is plenty more.

popped a quick mail off to Komplett just now so we will see hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Um... I think, if we are to do this, it should be something much more formal than "a quick email".

Perhaps a Google doc for the regulars to figure out a format? Maybe a list of users with previous purchases for a certain time period, figures of how many people we spec out rigs for on a weekly basis, average cost, etc.

Essentially what we're doing is trying to convince a given company of how much they have to gain. Simply asking "Can we have a discount, because... reasons" I don't think will cut it.

Um... I think, if we are to do this, it should be something much more formal than "a quick email".

Perhaps a Google doc for the regulars to figure out a format? Maybe a list of users with previous purchases for a certain time period, figures of how many people we spec out rigs for on a weekly basis, average cost, etc.

Essentially what we're doing is trying to convince a given company of how much they have to gain. Simply asking "Can we have a discount, because... reasons" I don't think will cut it.

sounds good, lemme know the link to the google document.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Could look at Build request threads for the last 2 weeks/month and be able come up we decent list of builds that were ordered - would be pretty easy to show the amount of recommendation that went through here. Probably stick just with builds that were definitely order. Would give a scale to whats going through this forum anyway to provide to anybody we approach, in addition to all the individual component threads that look for recommendations on this forum.

I actually bought the first thing off komplett a few months back since paradigit took over - i was in the middle of RMAing an faulty PSU when they were changing over there systems, turned into a 3-4 month ordeal. Swore i would never buy off them again. I am clearly bare faced liar :pac:

• Advertisement

Our margins do not allow us to do something like that unfortunately. We have a lot of fast moving products products with a 3% margin for example. A % discount will not work. We can work out discount on bulk item purchases but that would need to be done on each purchase and for that specific period as well.
    Digital says:
    Can you give a further explanation of the bulk item purchases please.
    Kin Mak says:
    If you need to buy 20 harddrives, you can request a special price for that purchase. We can then look at which ever product and based on how much margin is on it we can apply a discount based on the quantity.

That's from Elara, unless we all decide to go for the same Hard Drive or SSD at the same time I don't see it being very viable

Advertisement