Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Ye only the 1949deal code seem to work, code from elephone website not working even after verification. Finally 1949deal ppl generated a code for me which worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Del007

I did it again with a different email address, this time it worked.

Looks a nice phone

Any idea on delivery?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Just want to check with ye if this is something common with Chinese phones...

I just got the Umi Emax. I can't seem to get my Micro Sim or MicroSD card into their slots.

They are supposed to be put in from the side, but they don't seem to catch on anything. They just seem to release back out again.

Is there something I'm meant to do to stop this auto release?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Push it in all the way a little more in then should be, it should activate the holding mechanism

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

daytob wrote: »
    Push it in all the way a little more in then should be, it should activate the holding mechanism

Cheers, eventually found something narrow enough to push it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Cheers, eventually found something narrow enough to push it in.

I just bought an UMI-Emax on Friday, could you keep me updated on how the phone is going?
    where did you buy it from, and how long did it take to deliver?

I just bought an UMI-Emax on Friday, could you keep me updated on how the phone is going?
    where did you buy it from, and how long did it take to deliver?

I responded to you here the other day:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95823940&postcount=191

It was dispatched by the seller in the wee hours of Saturday morning and in my work on Friday. however I was out of the office so only getting a hand on it earlier.

Doesn't come with a UK plug. so be ready to hang onto one you've got. Also, keep a hold of anything long and thin but sturdy, so you can get your Sim Card or SD card into it!

Wont really know much of how it is until using it a while. but happy enough so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kaiba

did anyone buy the Huawei Honour 6?
    Just wondering how it is holding up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just bought the umi hammer for my wife from coolicool EU warehouse.
    143 euro.
    Wouldn't mind but I only bought her a Nokia 635 last Christmas which she managed to break.

On the plus side I've another Chinese phone to play with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Just bought the umi hammer for my wife from coolicool EU warehouse.
    143 euro.
    Wouldn't mind but I only bought her a Nokia 635 last Christmas which she managed to break.

On the plus side I've another Chinese phone to play with :)

I'll be interested to hear how the camera and battery on this work out for ye, am on the lookout for an economical replacement for my wife's Moto G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Kaiba wrote: »
    did anyone buy the Huawei Honour 6?
    Just wondering how it is holding up

Bought one, good phone, no hassle. Have it since the day it was released on Amazon.

Never bonded with it though, didnt like the interface, but lollipop is coming soon so maybe it will change that.

Im selling mine as I changed to a Lumia 925 last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Bought one, good phone, no hassle. Have it since the day it was released on Amazon.

Never bonded with it though, didnt like the interface, but lollipop is coming soon so maybe it will change that.

Im selling mine as I changed to a Lumia 925 last week

Which model please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Customs to be paid 30bucks to Michael Noonan. And I will have my k3 note by Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Customs to be paid 30bucks to Michael Noonan. And I will have my k3 note by Wednesday.

Its a good Phone iv had mine for 2 weeks nows,screen is very good,it eats the battery on full,so auto is the way to go,I will also say I had a generic micro SD card lying around,tried it,phone didnt like it at all but when I put a San disk in it worked perfectly so go with a branded SD card

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

abarkie wrote: »
    Which model please

Black

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Here's a turnip for the books. A second (or first) phone showed up in the letter box this morning.

Did you advise the seller that you got 2 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Can anyone advice me on a good Chinese phone, that fits following specs
    • looking for 2gb ram
    • internal storage not too important as long as has a SD slot.
    • a good screen , i have a S4 so i dont want to "downgrade" in terms of screen quality. eg i have a friend who has a zen phone and i think screen looks very dull.
    • Decent front and back camera
    • Size wise i want to go bigger than my S4, anything between 5.1 and 5.7(size of note 4)
    • willing to spend up to 350
    • 4G not vital

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Casshern88 wrote: »
    • looking for 2gb ram
    • a good screen , i have a S4 so i dont want to "downgrade" in terms of screen quality. eg i have a friend who has a zen phone and i think screen looks very dull.
    • Size wise i want to go bigger than my S4, anything between 5.1 and 5.7(size of note 4)
    • 4G not vital

64gb one plus one had everything but the SD slot

64gb one plus one had everything but the SD slot

If i were to go down that route i may as well hold off for a bit with the new one plus one out in July (i think i read that anyway could be mistaken)

If i were to go down that route i may as well hold off for a bit with the new one plus one out in July (i think i read that anyway could be mistaken)

The OPO is still a good bit ahead of any other phone IMO. Doubt the two will be much of an upgrade or the same value for money

I didn't think it had even been announced

*Edit * Shows how out of the loop I am, July indeed for the release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭savemejebus

• looking for 2gb ram
    • 4G not vital

For that sort of cash you could just go for an LG G3 and eliminate alot of the fun/
    /risk of the chinese android phones http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-G3-UK-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B00KMZ07J2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434448272&sr=8-1&keywords=lg+g3

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Iseedeadpixels. Where did you get your thl 5000.had a thl4000 and battery was amazing but the phone was standard enought. the 5000 looks just the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

• looking for 2gb ram
    • 4G not vital

Christ, don't spend 350 on Chinese no-warranty phones, please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

So after a week of use i'll give the Elephone P7000 a brief review.

Screen:
    Screen quality to me is really nice, i've moved from an iPhone 5S and the screen is really vibrant and the screen size I love. It's great for viewing videos, streams etc. on and it doesn't kill the battery.

Battery Life:
    Battery life for the screen size is pretty outstanding, i'd usually have to charge my iPhone daily as it would die overnight if I didn't but with this, even with a lot of use, videos/streams being played, it is always at around 50% after a full day which to me is excellent.

Android Use:
    Going from iOS to Android wasn't that big a jump to me because i'd previously used Android prior to my iPhone but now I realise how much more options you have available with Android. Like I had an issue with slowdown on the dropdown task bar and notification bar but I was able to fix this by changing the animation timings and its flawless now. An issue like this generally doesn't arise on iPhone but having the option to be able to change it without having to root/jailbreak the phone is really nice.

Pros:
    Big Screen
    Vibrant colours
    Cheap+++
    Fingerprint scanner

Cons:
    Issue with slowdown on notification bar, android issue so not just on this phone but easily fixed.
    ???

I really love this phone and I would recommend it to anyone, I like it so much so i've gone and bought one for the girlfriend who also loves it after having a mess around on it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

tuborg_man wrote: »
    Iseedeadpixels. Where did you get your thl 5000.had a thl4000 and battery was amazing but the phone was standard enought. the 5000 looks just the ticket.

I bought it from a poster here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

@ N1ck, whats the camera like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

daytob wrote: »
    @ N1ck, whats the camera like?

Did some of them ship with a lower quality camera in them, as in different from the specs advertised ?

n1ck wrote: »
    So after a week of use i'll give the Elephone P7000 a brief review.

Screen:
    Screen quality to me is really nice, i've moved from an iPhone 5S and the screen is really vibrant and the screen size I love. It's great for viewing videos, streams etc. on and it doesn't kill the battery.

Battery Life:
    Battery life for the screen size is pretty outstanding, i'd usually have to charge my iPhone daily as it would die overnight if I didn't but with this, even with a lot of use, videos/streams being played, it is always at around 50% after a full day which to me is excellent.

Android Use:
    Going from iOS to Android wasn't that big a jump to me because i'd previously used Android prior to my iPhone but now I realise how much more options you have available with Android. Like I had an issue with slowdown on the dropdown task bar and notification bar but I was able to fix this by changing the animation timings and its flawless now. An issue like this generally doesn't arise on iPhone but having the option to be able to change it without having to root/jailbreak the phone is really nice.

Pros:
    Big Screen
    Vibrant colours
    Cheap+++
    Fingerprint scanner

Cons:
    Issue with slowdown on notification bar, android issue so not just on this phone but easily fixed.
    ???

I really love this phone and I would recommend it to anyone, I like it so much so i've gone and bought one for the girlfriend who also loves it after having a mess around on it. :pac:

Looks good, i might get one a those myself, what site did you go for to purchase?

Did you get hit with customs if so how much?

what was shipping time?

also like another poster asked what is quality of front and back camera like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Quality of the camera is really good, I've attached two pictures the girlfriend took while messing with it. It really shows the vibrancy that it captures, there is a bit of shake in the picture of her shoes but you get the idea!

Shipping time was 3 days once processed but it took about two weeks to process because they hadn't got it in stock when I ordered which is not their fault.

I got hit with €30.92 customs so it came to €253~ for the phone.

• Advertisement

n1ck wrote: »
    I've attached two pictures the girlfriend took

Didn't live up to expectations.

:D:D

Being serious, the camera does look sharp, seems like a great deal for the phone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement