Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JoeOD1998

Has anyone got a lenovo Note 8/a936 if so where did u get it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

jeffk wrote: »
    Funny they charged me say €3 to get a horrible box that wont make any difference if customs see it

Ah so you paid for it, I thought maybe you hadnt of paid for that option, ive done it twice myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Ah so you paid for it, I thought maybe you hadnt of paid for that option, ive done it twice myself.

I paid for a lot of rubbish I didn't need

Insurance
    Their rom
    No packaging logos etc

I paid for a lot of rubbish I didn't need

Insurance
    Their rom
    No packaging logos etc

The no packaging can work at times, I warned people off the rom on here before, the insurance is something I would never buy.

The no packaging can work at times, I warned people off the rom on here before, the insurance is something I would never buy.

I suppose for three or so compared to customs, it's worth the gamble.

In my case I assumed get phone with Chinese apps, Google play store issues etc or get their rom

Again for a newbie, six or so to guarantee replacement phone if it's lost sounds a bargain

All this playing on peoples fears and the unknown

• Advertisement

I suppose for three or so compared to customs, it's worth the gamble.

In my case I assumed get phone with Chinese apps, Google play store issues etc or get their rom

Again for a newbie, six or so to guarantee replacement phone if it's lost sounds a bargain

All this playing on peoples fears and the unknown

Rooting and titanium backup can remove those pesky apps, merimobiles once added a rom to a lenovo for me when I mailed and requested it but hopefully the Huawei sorts you out, I had a Huawei before lovely well built phones.

Rooting and titanium backup can remove those pesky apps, merimobiles once added a rom to a lenovo for me when I mailed and requested it but hopefully the Huawei sorts you out, I had a Huawei before lovely well built phones.

Ah yeah I do it on my phones, but said new phone so didn't want to start messing with system apps. Then I had to flash roms and repair IMEI, so that didnt work out as planned

Thanks, I have a G510, low rom and storage only issues. Lovely old fashioned heavy phone with a rubber case, drop it to hear thud not a phone breaking

Ah yeah I do it on my phones, but said new phone so didn't want to start messing with system apps. Then I had to flash roms and repair IMEI, so that didnt work out as planned

Thanks, I have a G510, low rom and storage only issues. Lovely old fashioned heavy phone with a rubber case, drop it to hear thud not a phone breaking

512MB ram :eek:

512MB ram :eek:
    The things you dont think when going from a sybiam Nokia E5 to any android phone that has to be better;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Sad days, instead of option for another Chinese phone, got sick of waiting for the perfect 4.7 inch screen and went for a Lumia 925.

Loving it so far to be honest.

The Honor 6 is being sold

• Advertisement

The things you dont think when going from a sybiam Nokia E5 to any android phone that has to be better;)

Bring it back and get a Moto G

Bring it back and get a Moto G

No sorry I have a Huawei G510 over a year and am getting a Huawei Ascend G7 next week

No sorry I have a Huawei G510 over a year and am getting a Huawei Ascend G7 next week

Ah I get ye now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Good choice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭seanin4711

johnybean wrote: »
    Anyone gotten their hands on the Lenovo K3 Note yet?

its in ireland since yesterday morning but when it will be winging its way to me?
    better call the union in an post!

UPdate:
    better wait a call from customs as thats where it is even with NL post.
    oh well still great peice of kit for the dosh.
    Come on customs ring me(never thought I would be saying that).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Would it be worth getting the OPO over the Jaiyu S3?

Is it really worth 100+ more?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

My Elephone P7000 has arrived in Ireland, just trying to arrange delivery now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

n1ck wrote: »

Good stuff. Looking forward to hearing feedback on it. I didnt wait in the end but would still be interested to hear a review.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

RossieMan wrote: »
    Would it be worth getting the OPO over the Jaiyu S3?

Is it really worth 100+ more?

Depends on whether you have the €100+ extra to spend, I suppose. Both are really good value at their price points. I'm somewhat put off the 1+1 by the various problems so many seem to have with it, not least on the thread on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

n1ck wrote: »

Hi....how much did them customs ppl charge you? Also which website you ordered from? I am too looking to order the p7000 or p8000 soon, your opinions would be helpful. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

My Lenovo K3 note arrived today, I got it from a crowd called gearbest. So far really like it but I've only had a chance to play with it for a couple of hours. Got through without getting stopped by customs which is a plus. Took two weeks from order to get here, the tracking was terrible. It still says on tracking that the phone was sent overseas but nothing since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Asus Zenfone 6" for €265, anybody have any experience of this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭satguy

RossieMan wrote: »
    You cant avoid import duties, it's random luck. Snail mail seems to be the way to go, detection rates are lower than DHL.

The detection rates with DHL are suspiciously high,, high enough to set off my radar, something doesn't feel right with how fast the "you owe €31 on this purchase" emails get sent out, or that call by the guy in the van. I have your phone,, will be there soon, OH and you need to pay €31, then you hear a Sid James laugh... Hmmm ,,

The DHL handling fee is also very vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

satguy wrote:
    The DHL handling fee is also very vague.

DHL paid my customs charges (based on what the declared value was) and charged me €10 on top as a handling fee. They phoned just before the guy arrived, no option for anything else.

If my phone came through Netherlands why is an Post putting it through customs?

fitze69 wrote: »
    My Lenovo K3 note arrived today, I got it from a crowd called gearbest. So far really like it but I've only had a chance to play with it for a couple of hours. Got through without getting stopped by customs which is a plus. Took two weeks from order to get here, the tracking was terrible. It still says on tracking that the phone was sent overseas but nothing since.

Which postage did you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭satguy

fixxxer wrote: »
    DHL paid my customs charges (based on what the declared value was) and charged me €10 on top as a handling fee. They phoned just before the guy arrived, no option for anything else.

Yes, the more phones that are caught the more €10 fees they can add to bills, the fact that you already paid €9.99 for fast delivery seems to be lost on them.

My phone was only €75 yet they said I owed €31, I think I was stung.

Would never use DHL again,,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

seanin4711 wrote: »
    If my phone came through Netherlands why is an Post putting it through customs?

They've copped onto that, it'll still say it originated from Hong Kong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

peaceboi wrote: »
    Hi....how much did them customs ppl charge you? Also which website you ordered from? I am too looking to order the p7000 or p8000 soon, your opinions would be helpful. Cheers

Ordered from etotalk and paid €30~ customs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Wang King wrote: »
    Asus Zenfone 6" for €265, anybody have any experience of this ?

Factor in customs, vat and admin charge. Might be more like 350 perhaps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement