Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom fibre for direct to exchange news?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mailsanchu

guil wrote: »
    How did you get those results?

Generated curl Request(using chrome dev tools ) from eircom line checker and ran manually

mailsanchu wrote: »
    Generated curl Request(using chrome dev tools ) from eircom line checker and ran manually

i am not sure that you understand what i am saying above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

i am not sure that you understand what i am saying above

I'd be interested in how you do this.

Can you provide a step by step guide please?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'd be lieng if I said I do lol.

I'd be interested in how you do this.

Can you provide a step by step guide please?

i will do that tomm . i am using ubuntu (linux) operating system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

loyatemu wrote: »
    using the Vodafone line checker, I'm now being told 23.84MB instead of 19.53MB previously. Not much of an improvement but I'm guessing this is the VDSL speed (as Vodafone's checker takes overhead into account, I guess this is the 30MB package?)

Eircom & Digiweb's line checkers both confirm I can get fibre, but no specific speed listed. Might hold on and see if FTTH becomes available later in the year (I'm in one of the Eircom first-wave towns).

Do you have a link to the Vodafone line checker ? I tried their site and the only one I can find is giving me a generic result of up to 100MB thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Tweaky wrote: »
    Do you have a link to the Vodafone line checker ? I tried their site and the only one I can find is giving me a generic result of up to 100MB thanks.

http://www.vodafone.ie/utility/broadband/linecheck.shtml?perlico_areacode=01&perlico_number=1234567

i will do that tomm . i am using ubuntu (linux) operating system

Here is the step by step instructions for getting the line details. Any questions please let me know

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1hfcxhrzfewhpfg/Eircom%20line%20checker.doc?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Here is the step by step instructions for getting the line details. Any questions please let me know

Thanks -- I had to switch to Google Chrome Browser to go through the process.

Probably me, but I could not find some elements using Slimjet or FireFox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Lolz that'll learn the DBA in eircom lolz haa haa. Bring out the hammering once more lolz.

• Advertisement

Thanks -- I had to switch to Google Chrome Browser to go through the process.

Probably me, but I could not find some elements using Slimjet or FireFox.

We can achieve the same results using firefox. There are small differences though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

my line now showing fibre unavailable - maybe yesterday was all a dream?

or someone uploaded the new database prematurely.

Same for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Thanks for that. Mine seems a bit off though. Previously I was showing as max 11mb and now it states 3mb using the linux command but my profile is actually 7mb on my router.
    They are currently working in the area but I can't imagine that I would be downgraded temporarily while they worked, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

i placed an order for work and one for home yesterday and both went through ok, eircom webchat today could not confirm if the orders were going to be installed as scheduled next week.

Whooop Whoooop Here we ****ing go !!!!

{"aaa":"2903064","ccb":"E01","date":"15/07/2015","eee":"MRM","xbc":true,"xec":true,"xfc":false,"xrc":false,"inga":true,"ingb":true,"maxHSI":"25M_7M_R","maxNGB":"17M_768K_RH","maxNRA":"20M_8M_FR","maxHSIServiceCode":"FCBPS","maxNGBServiceCode":"BMB24MB","maxNRAServiceCode":"FCBPS","phone":"xxx-xxxx","ere":"15/07/2015","validationType":"phone","completed":true,"partialAddresses":[],"isRedCustomer":false,"ina":false}

This is for the home in macroom that is 1200 meters for the exchange i have no number for the new gaff just yet . MAx HSI si that the expected speed for DF on 1200 Distance ???

dbit wrote: »
    Whooop Whoooop Here we ****ing go !!!!

{"aaa":"2903064","ccb":"E01","date":"15/07/2015","eee":"MRM","xbc":true,"xec":true,"xfc":false,"xrc":false,"inga":true,"ingb":true,"maxHSI":"25M_7M_R","maxNGB":"17M_768K_RH","maxNRA":"20M_8M_FR","maxHSIServiceCode":"FCBPS","maxNGBServiceCode":"BMB24MB","maxNRAServiceCode":"FCBPS","phone":"xxx-xxxx","ere":"15/07/2015","validationType":"phone","completed":true,"partialAddresses":[],"isRedCustomer":false,"ina":false}

This is for the home in macroom that is 1200 meters for the exchange i have no number for the new gaff just yet . MAx HSI si that the expected speed for DF on 1200 Distance ???

How you are getting these details ? Are you following my doc or some other way ?

How you are getting these details ? Are you following my doc or some other way ?

Your Doc buddy Semi colon captial d.

dbit wrote: »
    Your Doc buddy Semi colon captial d.

One thing i noticed is if you type in your address (instead of phone number) in eircom line checker it says efibre is not enabled. Can you please try that for me

So it seems im being offered @1000m - 1200m 25 down and 7up ( Lol 7up) . Ont he phone now doing house move so will be interesting to see what i get at 300-400 meters away ( No cabs in between) Line checker is now showing green as well . For both addy and number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Using Eircom's line checker the response I get when I input my phone number is the usual you are not in an efibre area but Eircom are rolling out etc etc.
    However on the same "checker" when I input my address instead of my phone number - I get "Great News your Home is efibre enabled".

Any ideas folks on the difference....Thanks for responses!

Hibrasil wrote: »
    Using Eircom's line checker the response I get when I input my phone number is the usual you are not in an efibre area but Eircom are rolling out etc etc.
    However on the same "checker" when I input my address instead of my phone number - I get "Great News your Home is efibre enabled".

For me it is the exact opposite :)

For me it is the exact opposite :)

Should I be jealous?:confused:

PS eircom support systems are down they told me they will call back ( Prolly not linked to the behaviors but thought id throw it out there)

Hibrasil wrote: »

When I retried my address again - same result confirmeed - but a "bubble box" appeared on the interactive map on the right - with my address on it - and an Orange pointer to the broad location of my address on the map!!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭redmond08

I did both Vodafone & Eircom line checkers and both are saying I can get fibre. Eircom line checker said I will get a maximum of 70Mb, Vodafone 100mb, but I believe Eircom is more accurate. I was getting 20mb download from a maximum 24mb, so should I get something just above 60mb? I live very close to it, around 300m. Rang Vodafone and they told me the good news that it is now available to me, I'm connected to the Wicklow exchange. You have to sign up to another 18 month contract which I think is a load of ****. They said they will ring me later today to let me know when a engineer will be out to install a new phone socket for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

redmond08 wrote: »
    I did both Vodafone & Eircom line checkers and both are saying I can get fibre. Eircom line checker said I will get a maximum of 70Mb, Vodafone 100mb, but I believe Eircom is more accurate. I was getting 20mb download from a maximum 24mb, so should I get something just above 60mb? I live very close to it, around 300m. Rang Vodafone and they told me the good news that it is now available to me, I'm connected to the Wicklow exchange. You have to sign up to another 18 month contract which I think is a load of ****. They said they will ring me later today to let me know when a engineer will be out to install a new phone socket for me.

The max available direct from an exchange at present is 70mbit as there is no vectoring.

Also note, Eircom will move your main socket if required and install the modem, Vodafone will not.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭redmond08

The max available direct from an exchange at present is 70mbit as there is no vectoring.

Also note, Eircom will move your main socket if required, Vodafone will not.

So I will get the max 70mb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

redmond08 wrote: »
    So I will get the max 70mb?

You should have no difficulty and may get more if they enable vectoring in future

• Advertisement

You should have no difficulty and may get more if they enable vectoring in future

Yeah i reckon @ 300m and if the same as vdsl cab based that 60-70 would be expected from that distance . However someone in here was @ 150 meters and was quoted for only 30-35 MB ( Possibly he has cabs between him and the exchange . )

Advertisement