Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom fibre for direct to exchange news?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭redmond08

You should have no difficulty and may get more if they enable vectoring in future

Thanks for the reply, also you said vodafone won't move my socket if it needs to be, sure don't Eircom and Vodafone use KN Networks? Why would they need to move it?

dbit wrote: »
    Yeah i reckon @ 300m and if the same as vdsl cab based that 60-70 would be expected from that distance . However someone in here was @ 150 meters and was quoted for only 30-35 MB ( Possibly he has cabs between him and the exchange . )

I don't think there is one, I will ask one of the KN Network lads today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

redmond08 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, also you said vodafone won't move my socket if it needs to be, sure don't Eircom and Vodafone use KN Networks? Why would they need to move it?

Kn work for Eircom, not Vodafone. Eircom provide an inhouse to their own customers where they install the modem and/or move the main socket or run a data port extension. Vodafone dont' pay for the inhouse part so the Kn tech just replaces the main socket, wherever it is, or if there's none it goes on the first socket or junction box after the cable enters the house. When Kn upgrade the main socket the modem will only work there and not in any other socket. It's often the case that a customer wants to put the modem in another phone socket or that there is no power socket beside the existing main socket or that the main socket is in an awkward place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Lolz the new number i have been assigned is reporting 40MB connection i have shaved 700-800 meters off my distance and only an increase og 15MB lolz , I pray to god vectoring gets enabled on this solution . Still an end to the sh1ty 78k uploads thank fook for that.

Lolz the new number i have been assigned is reporting 40MB connection i have shaved 700-800 meters off my distance and only an increase og 15MB lolz , I pray to god vectoring gets enabled on this solution . Still an end to the sh1ty 78k uploads thank fook for that.

Get planning permission to build a house right beside the exchange :D

• Advertisement

Get planning permission to build a house right beside the exchange :D

Tried that fail ...... lolz, Could fit comfortably into a rack , i love racks lolz

Now the new number is giving as per the gui checker for the new gaff @ 300-350 meters

{"ccb":"E01","date":"15/07/2015","eee":"MRM","xbc":false,"xec":false,"xfc":false,"xrc":false,"inga":true,"ingb":true,"maxHSI":"40M_10M_R","maxNGB":"20M_768K_RH","maxNRA":"28M_16M_FR","maxHSIServiceCode":"FCBPS","maxNGBServiceCode":"BMB24MB","maxNRAServiceCode":"FCBPS","phone":"xxx-xxxx","ere":"15/07/2015","validationType":"phone","completed":true,"partialAddresses":[],"isRedCustomer":false,"ina":false}

Tried that fail ...... lolz, Could fit comfortably into a rack , i love racks lolz

Now the new number is giving as per the gui checker for the new gaff @ 300-350 meters

{"ccb":"E01","date":"15/07/2015","eee":"MRM","xbc":false,"xec":false,"xfc":false,"xrc":false,"inga":true,"ingb":true,"maxHSI":"40M_10M_R","maxNGB":"20M_768K_RH","maxNRA":"28M_16M_FR","maxHSIServiceCode":"FCBPS","maxNGBServiceCode":"BMB24MB","maxNRAServiceCode":"FCBPS","phone":"xxx-xxxx","ere":"15/07/2015","validationType":"phone","completed":true,"partialAddresses":[],"isRedCustomer":false,"ina":false}

Did you get these results from using mailsanchu link? What Linux terminal did you use?

Did you get these results from using mailsanchu link? What Linux terminal did you use?

Just copied and pasted the curl as per his Doc and then pasted into a terminal on kali linux ( Already has curl installed)

Just copied and pasted the curl as per his Doc and then pasted into a terminal on kali linux ( Already has curl installed)

Mine is showing 70mb download 20mb upload :)

Mine is showing 70mb download 20mb upload :)

Distance ??

• Advertisement

Distance ??

300m to 400m

300m to 400m

FFS dammit . IT will get faster for me im hoping , hector that vector m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

2 weeks ago the line checker gave me:

{"xbc":false,"xec":false,"xfc":false,"xrc":false,"inga":false,"ingb":true,"maxNGB":"17M_768K_RH","maxNGBServiceCode":"BMBS24M","phone":"xxx-xxxxx","validationType":"phone","completed":true,"partialAddresses":[],"isRedCustomer":false,"ina":false}

Today it gives me a date but no mention of speeds, anyone explain why?

{"ccb":"E01","date":"08/07/2015","eee":"CNE","xbc":false,"xec":false,"xfc":false,"xrc":false,"inga":false,"ingb":true,"maxNGB":"17M_768K_RH","maxNGBServiceCode":"BMB24MB","phone":"xxx-xxxxx","ere":"08/07/2015","validationType":"phone","completed":true,"partialAddresses":[],"isRedCustomer":false,"ina":false}

My home address slightly closer to the exchange does have speeds:

{"aaa":"609062","ccb":"E01","date":"08/07/2015","eee":"CNE","xbc":true,"xec":true,"xfc":false,"xrc":false,"inga":true,"ingb":true,"maxHSI":"40M_10M_R","maxNGB":"20M_768K_RH","maxNRA":"20M_10M_FR","maxNGBServiceCode":"BMBS24M","phone":"xxx-xxxxx","ere":"08/07/2015","validationType":"phone","completed":true,"partialAddresses":[],"isRedCustomer":false,"ina":false}

FFS dammit . IT will get faster for me im hoping , hector that vector m8.

Haha I'm hoping it will be done before the end of the week, but I won't hold my breath because I'm with Vodafone. The minute if arrives I will do a speed test on www.speedtest.net then compare it to my Vodafone Router Line status and will post my results.

Delboy5 wrote: »

{"xbc":false,"xec":false,"xfc":false,"xrc":false,"inga":false,"ingb":true,"maxNGB":"17M_768K_RH","maxNGBServiceCode":"BMBS24M","phone":"xxx-xxxxx","validationType":"phone","completed":true,"partialAddresses":[],"isRedCustomer":false,"ina":false}

{"ccb":"E01","date":"08/07/2015","eee":"CNE","xbc":false,"xec":false,"xfc":false,"xrc":false,"inga":false,"ingb":true,"maxNGB":"17M_768K_RH","maxNGBServiceCode":"BMB24MB","phone":"xxx-xxxxx","ere":"08/07/2015","validationType":"phone","completed":true,"partialAddresses":[],"isRedCustomer":false,"ina":false}

{"aaa":"609062","ccb":"E01","date":"08/07/2015","eee":"CNE","xbc":true,"xec":true,"xfc":false,"xrc":false,"inga":true,"ingb":true,"maxHSI":"40M_10M_R","maxNGB":"20M_768K_RH","maxNRA":"20M_10M_FR","maxNGBServiceCode":"BMBS24M","phone":"xxx-xxxxx","ere":"08/07/2015","validationType":"phone","completed":true,"partialAddresses":[],"isRedCustomer":false,"ina":false}

The one with speeds is exchange connected the one without is not ? possibly on reach connection ?

The one with speeds is exchange connected the one without is not ? possibly on reach connection ?

Oh no, not what i wanted to hear.....

Both addresses are on the same road and should be connected to the exchange.

Home address about 800m from exchange, mine about 1200-1300m away.....

Oh no, not what i wanted to hear.....

Both addresses are on the same road and should be connected to the exchange.

Home address about 800m from exchange, mine about 1200-1300m away.....

IT still would not gaurauntee same circut or line runs. The response is vaugue you need the powers of Ed E and BK here i would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

Maybe I'm seeing things but the one with the date is not fibre enabled yet, inga is false and is giving a max speed of 17mb down and 768k up.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

LOL Dbit.

Having CCP info means the database for your number has been upgraded for NGA. Having no result means NGA tests haven't been run yet, your line is prohibited by comreg at the min OR it fails to reach the minimum due to loop length. Only the latter dooms you.

Find your current dAttenuation. That'll tell us your real loop length (roughly).

Thanks ED E, my dAttenuation is 18....

ED E wrote: »
    LOL Dbit.

Having CCP info means the database for your number has been upgraded for NGA. Having no result means NGA tests haven't been run yet, your line is prohibited by comreg at the min OR it fails to reach the minimum due to loop length. Only the latter dooms you.

Find your current dAttenuation. That'll tell us your real loop length (roughly).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

1300m, time to wait and see.

ED E wrote: »
    1300m, time to wait and see.

Im guessing 20 MB with the good old 7up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,866 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

my ADSL attenuation is 15.6, line checker is reporting 25M_7M_R. From looking through the VDSL stats thread I would've expected higher?

loyatemu wrote: »
    my ADSL attenuation is 15.6, line checker is reporting 25M_7M_R. From looking through the VDSL stats thread I would've expected higher?

thats what my old address was getting at 1000 -1200 meters for evdsl , im hoping they will enable vectoring to speed it up , They probably are doing a slow release ramp up as per the comreg and other carriers concerns ?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Engineer just left - below are the stats that I am getting. Is this maxing out my line or is it capable of more ?

Line standard VDSL2
    Channel type
    None
    Downstream line rate (kbit/s) 50349
    Upstream line rate (kbit/s) 15360
    Downstream SNR (dB) 23.2
    Upstream SNR (dB) 16.4
    Downstream line attenuation (dB) 12.5
    Upstream line attenuation (dB) 6.2
    Downstream output power (dBmV) 14.5
    Upstream output power (dBmV) -1.4
    Downstream CRC 0
    Upstream CRC 0
    Downstream FEC 12
    Upstream FEC 9

• Registered Users Posts: 14,866 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Tweaky wrote: »
    Engineer just left - below are the stats that I am getting. Is this maxing out my line or is it capable of more ?

Line standard VDSL2
    Channel type
    None
    Downstream SNR (dB) 23.2
    Upstream SNR (dB) 16.4
    Downstream CRC 0
    Upstream CRC 0
    Downstream FEC 12
    Upstream FEC 9

what was the line checker telling you when you ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

Tweaky wrote: »

Line standard VDSL2
    Channel type
    None
    Downstream SNR (dB) 23.2
    Upstream SNR (dB) 16.4
    Downstream CRC 0
    Upstream CRC 0
    Downstream FEC 12
    Upstream FEC 9

Is your line direct to the exchange or are you connected to a cab?

loyatemu wrote: »
    what was the line checker telling you when you ordered?

guil wrote: »
    Is your line direct to the exchange or are you connected to a cab?

It is Direct Fed - Carrigtwohill Exchange in Cork - Live last Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

On Tuesday 16th June COMREG issued the following Information Notice regarding the granting of approval for EVDSL to Eircom:-

On 12 June ComReg approved a request from Eircom to change the technical standards relating to the provision of broadband services. Eircom had proposed the change in order to allow the deployment of Exchange Launched Very High Speed Digital Subscriber Line (EVDSL) technology in Eircom's exchanges. This technology will allow high speed broadband services to be made available to approximately 110,000 additional homes and premises which cannot currently avail of high speed broadband.

When Eircom made the proposal a number of operators raised concerns that, when deployed, this technology could cause interference to existing services and disrupt and degrade the quality of some broadband services, thereby having a detrimental impact on the consumers who use these services.

In order to address operators' concerns and to ensure service users were protected ComReg engaged independent consultants 2 to analyse the risk of interference. The consultant's report stated that there was a risk to broadband services in some circumstances. ComReg requested assurances from Eircom that processes would be put in place to ensure that the potential
    impact would be monitored during the rollout of EVDSL services and that service degradation faults arising from its introduction would be rectified.

In approving the required changes to the technical standards ComReg stipulated that the approval would take effect from the date the required assurances were received by ComReg. ComReg has now received these assurances and therefore the technical standard can be changed to allow EVDSL services effective from the date of this Information Notice

Nothing to stop launch of EVDSL now I would imagine:):):):)

Advertisement