Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US shooting at Mohahammed Cartoon conference

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭IrishTrajan

I know plenty about anatomy, physics etc. and knowing those things doesn't make me an expert on what happens when someone gets shot. You are the definition of an armchair expert and very defensive, as you should be considering your silly claims to knowledge on this subject.

You're trying too hard to sound edgy, you're clueless.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: "When you can't attack the argument, attack the character".

Well, we've been getting off-topic for long enough, how's about we get back to the topic at hand?

---

Have police took the bodies/made sure the vehicle wasn't booby trapped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: "When you can't attack the argument, attack the character".

Well, we've been getting off-topic for long enough, how's about we get back to the topic at hand?

---

Have police took the bodies/made sure the vehicle wasn't booby trapped?

You pretend to be an expert, throw a mini-strop when you're challenged on something, present your non-credentials, and then declare you have an argument at all. You're a joke, keep up the good work.

You pretend to be an expert, throw a mini-strop when you're challenged on something, present your non-credentials, and then declare you have an argument at all. You're a joke, keep up the good work.

An expert? No. Someone with a basic understanding? Of course. My argument stands up to scrutiny, there's nothing suspicious about the video, it all makes perfect sense, under the circumstances presented.

Now, can you stop trying to bait me into continuing an off-topic discussion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I don't want anything, I'm only asking questions. You can't speak with authority on whether the man is clearly shot or not, whether your fetish is guns or not. Referencing action movies doesn't make me feel stupid for asking basic questions either, that's just being cheap on your part. I'm going to take it you're more armchair expert than anything. Knowing about guns is one thing, this is another game entirely. You're basing your expertice on having watched likeleak videos from Syria or something? That's poor training to access anything imo.

Ok, which is more likely:

In a terrorist attack by religious extremists, an attack not unprecedented in its motive, a policeman was shot in the head. In Paris. It was filmed by a witnesses on his phone.

Or

Some unknown conspiracy theorist on d'internet claims, because a melon explodes when hit by an unknown bullet from an unknown calibre and this police man's doesn't, and because there is little to no blood immediately apparent, it's a staged killing to give the state more anti terrorist powers....

I've some beans if you're interested...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

You're opinion's quite strong on this video, but it comes down to your belief then that the video isn't at all suspicious. That's fair enough. The footage isn't hugely convincing that a man actually got shot. If there was no reporting around the video and it was shown in isolation to someone, would they say for definite that that man was shot or not? From the quality of the footage it remains ambiguous.

How many people have seen a person being shot outside the movies ?

• Advertisement

I know plenty about anatomy, physics etc. and knowing those things doesn't make me an expert on what happens when someone gets shot. You are the definition of an armchair expert and very defensive, as you should be considering your silly claims to knowledge on this subject.

You're trying too hard to sound edgy, you're clueless.

Have you ever seen someone shot ?

Ok, which is more likely:

In a terrorist attack by religious extremists, an attack not unprecedented in its motive, a policeman was shot in the head. In Paris. It was filmed by a witnesses on his phone.

Or

Some unknown conspiracy theorist on d'internet claims, because a melon explodes when hit by an unknown bullet from an unknown calibre and this police man's doesn't, and because there is little to no blood immediately apparent, it's a staged killing to give the state more anti terrorist powers....

I've some beans if you're interested...

I'm not making any claims myself, there's always an official line, and then there's whatever really happened. It's quite likely he was shot and killed, the video doesn't show anything definitive death wise. People claiming to be experts on here are pure spoofers. Hands up who's seen a man get shot in the head with an AK before?

I don't know anything about melons at all. I know enough about beans though, I can tell yours aren't magic ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Have you ever seen someone shot ?

You're asking the wrong person he's never claimed expertise in the subject or made definitive judgements like other posters, only saying it was suspicious.

An expert? No. Someone with a basic understanding? Of course. My argument stands up to scrutiny, there's nothing suspicious about the video, it all makes perfect sense, under the circumstances presented.

Now, can you stop trying to bait me into continuing an off-topic discussion?

Yeah I once went out with a girl whose brother was in the FCA so I guess I'm an internet expert too. Although I suspect I'm not the only one both telling porkies.

Joshua J wrote: »
    Yeah I once went out with a girl whose brother was in the FCA so I guess I'm an internet expert too. Although I suspect I'm not the only one both telling porkies.

Can you care to refute any of the claims with actual facts, rather than resorting to ad hominem?
    I'm not making any claims myself, there's always an official line, and then there's whatever really happened. It's quite likely he was shot and killed, the video doesn't show anything definitive death wise. People claiming to be experts on here are pure spoofers. Hands up who's seen a man get shot in the head with an AK before? .

"I believe you haven't seen it in person, so the video must be fake and you're just lying!"

Is this the level of delusion discussion we've reached? How delightfully farcical. I've told you about all the technical points, you would simply rather be the "I'm just asking questions" person than believe the answer. It's absolutely ridiculous.
    You're asking the wrong person he's never claimed expertise in the subject or made definitive judgements like other posters, only saying it was suspicious.

Except it isn't suspicious, and has already been explained.

"I-i'm just a-asking questions is all!"

• Advertisement

Based on what ? A rational mind would try to separate reactions in movies. A basic understanding of physics i.e. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. And sticking clear of videos labelled "The Truth". Why would it be fake ? Where the people shot in the magazine all faked as well ? As for documents, These people wanted to be found and go out in a blaze of glory for the cause.

But back on topic..

Can you care to refute any of the claims with actual facts, rather than resorting to ad hominem?

"I believe you haven't seen it in person, so the video must be fake and you're just lying!"

Is this the level of delusion discussion we've reached? How delightfully farcical. I've told you about all the technical points, you would simply rather be the "I'm just asking questions" person than believe the answer. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Except it isn't suspicious, and has already been explained.

"I-i'm just a-asking questions is all!"

Refute claims you're an expert? Anti-muslim with a supposed working knowledge of firearms and with "friends" in the military. You're textbook kid. Textbook. And you've already been rumbled.

Refute claims you're an expert? Anti-muslim with a supposed working knowledge of firearms and with "friends" in the military. You're textbook kid. Textbook. And you've already been rumbled.

Claiming to "have knowledge" of physics and the like is the funniest thing. My uni physics lectures were good but this guys on another level. Probably actually an analyst with the CIA he's so sure of his skills there. Doesn't want to blow his secret cover.

Refute claims you're an expert?

Yes, just ignore my explanation of why the video doesn't appear to be fake.
    Anti-muslim

Can you point out to me where I'm anti-Muslim? I have Muslim friends, and I've already stated (this is probably my third time saying it) that I believe economic circumstances are more important than the religion in and of itself.
    with a supposed working knowledge of firearms

So do farmers, hunters, sport-shooters, casual gun-owners. It's not exactly hard to understand, if you picked up a book and learned to read, you could understand it too.
    and with "friends" in the military.

Oh, darn, you've gone and proved the physics of that video is wrong by mentioning the military. What next, you ask if I've shot a kid and why I support imperialism?

People have friends. I have an interest in foreign relations and (by extension) the military. Imagine people with common interests talking. That's unheard of!
    You're textbook kid. Textbook. And you've already been rumbled.

If only you could read.

Claiming to "have knowledge" of physics and the like is the funniest thing. My uni physics lectures were good but this guys on another level. Probably actually an analyst with the CIA he's so sure of his skills there. Doesn't want to blow his secret cover.

1 out of 10.

And yet you don't seem to understand how ballistics work.

And yet you don't seem to understand how ballistics work.

There is no point, It's like trying to explain to a person who plays console games all day like Call of Duty. That soldiers don't operate that way, Physics does not work that way. I mean when was the last time you constantly had lens flair off the sun just walking around :P Or raindrops appearing on your eyes. :pac:

There is no point, It's like trying to explain to a person who plays console games all day like Call of Duty. That soldiers don't operate that way, Physics does not work that way. I mean when was the last time you constantly had lens flair off the sun just walking around :P Or raindrops appearing on your eyes. :pac:

I expect this any moment

If only you could read.

VERY defensive since you admitted not knowing anything. I expect this will be your default now, just throwing insults around and continuing to claim you're an expert.

I don't play video games but you clearly do. I have no idea what you're talking about but you're practically ridiculing yourself considering you're the gamer here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

I saw a lady who was shot with 20 rubber bullets, she was grand, not a scratch

• Advertisement

VERY defensive since you admitted not knowing anything. I expect this will be your default now, just throwing insults around and continuing to claim you're an expert.

Imagine someone responding to insults with insults.

That's basically an admission of guilt. I'll be speaking to my lawyer and my contacts at the Bureau (that's what we call it FBI in the Intelligence community, got a ring to it, doesn't it?) are tracking you as we speak. Right now I have four hundred SAS in several stealth choppers (helicopters for you civilians) with nearly fifteen thousand clips chambered in .950, armed with the finest SKS47s that money can't buy, to bring you to our CIA safe house in Area 51 for interrogation and mandatory re-education.

See you in court. Kid.
    bjork wrote: »
    I saw a lady who was shot with 20 rubber bullets, she was grand, not a scratch

The bullets weren't real, she was in the Matrix, so that Bruce Jenner may remain eternally young.

Imagine someone responding to insults with insults.

That's basically an admission of guilt. I'll be speaking to my lawyer and my contacts at the Bureau (that's what we call it FBI in the Intelligence community, got a ring to it, doesn't it?) are tracking you as we speak. Right now I have four hundred SAS in several stealth choppers (helicopters for you civilians) with nearly fifteen thousand clips chambered in .950, armed with the finest SKS47s that money can't buy, to bring you to our CIA safe house in Area 51 for interrogation and mandatory re-education.

See you in court. Kid.

The bullets weren't real, she was in the Matrix, so that Bruce Jenner may remain eternally young.

Yawn. Good luck lad. Keep applying those mad skills.

I don't play video games but you clearly do. I have no idea what you're talking about but you're practically ridiculing yourself considering you're the gamer here.

Aw, Now you hurt my feelings. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

When a media organisation wishes to stoke up some anti-muslin hatred they call Anjem Choudry and put him on TV spouting bile. Use your brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

When a media organisation wishes to stoke up some anti-muslin hatred they call Anjem Choudry and put him on TV spouting bile. Use your brain.

My brain is trying to figure out why this dude hasn't been banned from the UK like Shirley Phelps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Hilarious! 2 people are dead. They may have been the gunmen but two human beings are still dead.
    Stuck for a thread?

They came with the intent of killing innocent people. Spare us the PC bull

folamh wrote: »
    My brain is trying to figure out why this dude hasn't been banned from the UK like Shirley Phelps.

Cause he's a UK citizen and she's not. And he serves his purpose.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    They came with the intent of killing innocent people. Spare us the PC bull

And they had the event in the hope of getting people to come with the intent of killing people and they were successful and now two men are dead. Back slaps all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭diddley

And he serves his purpose.

What would that be? :confused:

Advertisement