Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US shooting at Mohahammed Cartoon conference

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭IrishTrajan

wes wrote: »
    In regards to Jainism, you do appear to be correct, but non-violence is central to that faith from my understanding, so its actually unique in regards to most religions.

Buddhism on the other hand, well......

How an Extremist Buddhist Network Is Sowing Hatred Across Asia

and

Sri Lanka’s Violent Buddhists

They have there fair share of extremists nutjobs.

Like I said, of course there are Buddhist extremists, but they are not turning to the scripture of their Faith to justify their actions. They quite simply, can't.

A quote from that Times source
    “Prejudices are growing because there is a small but influential group of extremist Buddhists who are having a relatively free run and are able to articulate very national sentiments and highlight the insecurity of the Sinhalese,” says Perera, himself a Sinhalese Christian.

SeanW wrote: »
    So not only was the whole thing staged by the authorities, but Pamela Gellar was in on the conspiracy? :confused:

If only there was a forum for Conspiracy Theories ...

You have to admit, they really did pull out all the stops for. Those people had to lie perfectly still in a car for fecking hours in the heat, making sure they only bled enough to be realistic and not die.

If it is fake, I believe they have quite a promising career in acting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 710 ✭✭✭omnithanos

I'll save you the trouble of actually saying it, because I really don't want you to say it and be genuine in your belief. "The media is owned by Jews"

More whites than blacks, not down to colour but a variety of factors

arrest.png?w=500

Can we stop with the "cops shoot blacks because racism" stuff now? A white person, Dillon Taylor, was shot by a black cop several months ago, unarmed and simply walking out of a convenience store. The cop was acquitted of any charges. Where's the public outrage against that? Oh, wait, the person shot was white, and the person doing the shooting was black, so we can't talk about it or we're closet racists.

I'm not the one making racial slurs.

Here's a graphic video of a young black kid getting fatally shot last June

Whether this shooting is fake or real the authorities are making a concerted effort to provoke racial outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Like I said, of course there are Buddhist extremists, but they are not turning to the scripture of their Faith to justify their actions. They quite simply, can't.

The movement is being led by a Monk..........
    Led by a monk, Galagoda Aththe Gnanasara Thero, BBS accuses Sri Lanka’s Muslims of threatening the nation’s Buddhist identity, and enjoys support at high levels.

Also, elements of nationalism and extremist Religous ideology are very often mixed together. See Saudis Arabia's racism against non gulf Arab Muslims for an example.

SeanW wrote: »
    So not only was the whole thing staged by the authorities, but Pamela Gellar was in on the conspiracy? :confused:

If only there was a forum for Conspiracy Theories ...

It's a pity we can't voice an opinion on anything without being sent to a forum that nobody takes seriously.

It's incredible that everybody willingly accepts the disinformation spewed out by the media including our own.

• Advertisement

omnithanos wrote: »
    I'm not the one making racial slurs.

Here's a graphic video of a young black kid getting fatally shot last June

Whether this shooting is fake or real the authorities are making a concerted effort to provoke racial outrage.

Which racist terms did I use? Saying Jews? It's a racial term, it's not a slur. Well, technically it's an ethnoreligious term.

Or do you mean the word "blacks"? What would you like me to call them? Coloured (yellow and white is a colour)? Melanin enriched folks? Bit of a mouthful, tbh. I'll stick with black.

Wow, a cop shooting someone trying to kill or seriously injure his partner with a screwdriver? What an outrage!

No, they're not. It is the loony media and the left-wing trying to stir up racism that isn't there. I just posted statistics showing you why blacks seem to be shot more than whites in percentage terms. There's nothing racist about it.

The movement is being led by a Monk..........

And my primary school football coach was a Parish priest. Christianity supports football above other sports?
    Also, elements of nationalism and extremist Religous ideology are very often mixed together. See Saudis Arabia's racism against non gulf Arab Muslims for an example.

Often, not always. You can not mix Buddhist ideology with violence because the two are entirely incompatible. Buddhism rejects suffering and violence outright.

It is like the IRA-Loyalist conflict. It was drawn along largely religious lines, but it was not religiously motivated. There are/were Protestant Republicans, just like there are/were Catholic Unionists. Much like the majority of the Tamil Tigers are Buddhist, but they are not motivated by scripture.

Which racist terms did I use? Saying Jews? It's a racial term, it's not a slur. Well, technically it's an ethnoreligious term.

Or do you mean the word "blacks"? What would you like me to call them? Coloured (yellow and white is a colour)? Melanin enriched folks? Bit of a mouthful, tbh. I'll stick with black.

Wow, a cop shooting someone trying to kill or seriously injure his partner with a screwdriver? What an outrage!

No, they're not. It is the loony media and the left-wing trying to stir up racism that isn't there. I just posted statistics showing you why blacks seem to be shot more than whites in percentage terms. There's nothing racist about it.

The loony media are controlled and they are sending out a message to create disorder which is working perfectly well with all the riots etc.

You made the statement "The media is owned by Jews" which I found somewhat derogatory in it's intention.

It's a pity we can't voice an opinion on anything without being sent to a forum that nobody takes seriously.

It's incredible that everybody willingly accepts the disinformation spewed out by the media including our own.

Yes, I'm sure the media would openly lie and be tacit in a conspiracy against us. I'm sure the CIA is behind it all. Them and the Rockefellers. Can't wait for China to rise, lads. 2020, USA Empire is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Is it just me or is the thread getting a teensy bit off topic?

• Advertisement

Yes, I'm sure the media would openly lie and be tacit in a conspiracy against us. I'm sure the CIA is behind it all. Them and the Rockefellers. Can't wait for China to rise, lads. 2020, USA Empire is done.

So your contention is that we should trust the media implicitly?

The loony media are controlled and they are sending out a message to create disorder which is working perfectly well with all the riots etc.

You made the statement "The media is owned by Jews" which I found somewhat derogatory in it's intention.

I absolutely did make that statement. Because that is the go-to argument whenever someone mentions a controlled media. The next step is usually something to do with Controlled Opposition, the CIA mind-programs and something about "durr taken our guns!".

I didn't want you to say "the Jews control the media" (it's about as derogatory as saying white people work in foreign relations, or Asians are good at maths), because I wanted you to have some credibility in this debate, and not to be totally written off as a tin-foil hat.

Custardpi wrote: »

So the is a story about a shooting in Dallas at a Mohammed cartoon conference. Where have we gone off topic?

Custardpi wrote: »

Only because the Jews don't want the truth getting out.
    So your contention is that we should trust the media implicitly?

No, my contention is that not everything is a god damned conspiracy and that you should put your book on CIA psy-ops away so we can discuss the merits of Islam and its influence on extremism in a rational manner.

And my primary school football coach was a Parish priest. Christianity supports football above other sports?

Well, if he started calling it a Christian football team.......
    Often, not always. You can not mix Buddhist ideology with violence because the two are entirely incompatible. Buddhism rejects suffering and violence outright.

And yet extremists have done exactly that.
    It is like the IRA-Loyalist conflict. It was drawn along largely religious lines, but it was not religiously motivated. There are/were Protestant Republicans, just like there are/were Catholic Unionists.

Again, the Monk leading the extremist movement is doing it to defend the Buddhist identity of the country. So we have a cleric explicitly stating why there doing it.
    Much like the majority of the Tamil Tigers are Buddhist, but they are not motivated by scripture.

Tamil Tigers were a communist/marxist movement. The Tamils btw are largely Hindu, but again the Tamil Tigers were secular.

The movements in Sri Lanka and Myanmar are both explicitly extremist Buddhist, as per there leaders, who again are monks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Not everybody.

Only because the Jews don't want the truth getting out.

No, my contention is that not everything is a god damned conspiracy and that you should put your book on CIA psy-ops away so we can discuss the merits of Islam and its influence on extremism in a rational manner.

There is evidence that Charlie Hebdo was faked which leads me to logically conclude that Islam's influence on extremism is being deliberately exaggerated by the opponents of Islam.

Joshua J wrote: »
    Not everybody.

Good man Joshua.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

There is evidence that Charlie Hebdo was faked which leads me to logically conclude that Islam's influence on extremism is being deliberately exaggerated by the opponents of Islam.

What evidence?

Well, if he started calling it a Christian football team.......

He did. Used to make us say a prayer before a game.
    And yet extremists have done exactly that.

Again, the Monk leading the extremist movement is doing it to defend the Buddhist identity of the country. So we have a cleric explicitly stating why there doing it.

National identity. They are equating their nation as a Buddhist State and pursuing a nationalist goal. It is not necessarily religious, and Buddhism itself disavows violence as illegitimate.
    Tamil Tigers were a communist/marxist movement. The Tamils btw are largely Hindu, but again the Tamil Tigers were secular.

The movements in Sri Lanka and Myanmar are both explicitly extremist Buddhist, as per there leaders, who again are monks.

Did the article not say it was the Tamil Tigers doing the fighting? I probably misread, my bad. It seems not sleeping for 45 hours isn't the best of ideas :/

Regardless, we're getting away from my original point: Islam is not a religion of peace, despite what the Imams and Clerics, the believers and the subscribers to the faith will tell you. It is made out to be "peaceful" in order to appear more "Western-friendly" but it still condones barbaric acts, much like what happened in Texas.

• Advertisement

What evidence?

Well the uncensored video of the fatal shooting of the police officer looks totally fake, the scene looks completely set up and the BBC reporter on the scene lets slip that's this is where they PUT the blood.

Am I allowed to post said video here?

9SDumSE.png]
    Islam's influence on extremism is being deliberately exaggerated by the opponents of Islam.

Ah, of course. The Ayatollah-sanctioned death threats against Salman Rushdie, the attempts on the lives (and successful attempts) of people who anger Islam, the Hadith calling for punishment on anyone who draws the Prophet Mohammed were all the work of the CIA.

Those sneaky buggers, they've made it almost look like a fanatical religious cult is to blame....

Christ, if only there was a "head-to-desk" emoticon available, I'd abuse the hell out of it right now.

9SDumSE.png]

Ah, of course. The Ayatollah-sanctioned death threats against Salman Rushdie, the attempts on the lives (and successful attempts) of people who anger Islam, the Hadith calling for punishment on anyone who draws the Prophet Mohammed were all the work of the CIA.

Those sneaky buggers, they've made it almost look like a fanatical religious cult is to blame....

Christ, if only there was a "head-to-desk" emoticon available, I'd abuse the hell out of it right now.

We don't need to tar everyone with the same brush.

We don't need to tar everyone with the same brush.

What an absolutely empty reply. We are talking about the religion. I have said before that I believe economic circumstances are a more pressing concern as to why the majority are pushed into the arms of religion.

Did I say "all Muslims are terrorists"? No, I did not. But it does have a disproportionately high number of terrorists (likely down to largely economic circumstances, and personal histories), and to argue that it's the media's fault, not the core doctrine of Islam itself, is absolutely farcical.

I'd be obliged if you could provide any extracts from the tipitaka or agama that explicitly espouses violence....

What an absolutely empty reply. We are talking about the religion. I have said before that I believe economic circumstances are a more pressing concern as to why the majority are pushed into the arms of religion.

Did I say "all Muslims are terrorists"? No, I did not. But it does have a disproportionately high number of terrorists (likely down to largely economic circumstances, and personal histories), and to argue that it's the media's fault, not the core doctrine of Islam itself, is absolutely farcical.

Well here's that video of the police officer being killed in Paris, viewer discretion advised

Well the uncensored video of the fatal shooting of the police officer looks totally fake, the scene looks completely set up and the BBC reporter on the scene lets slip that's this is where they PUT the blood.

Am I allowed to post said video here?

That's it?
    Are you for f**kin real?

What's "fake" about the uncensored version?

National identity. They are equating their nation as a Buddhist State and pursuing a nationalist goal. It is not necessarily religious, and Buddhism itself disavows violence as illegitimate.

Yes, and this extremist version does not disavow violence...... There is no one true version of Buddhism, anymore than there is one true version of Islam.
    Did the article not say it was the Tamil Tigers doing the fighting? I probably misread, my bad. It seems not sleeping for 45 hours isn't the best of ideas :/

The tigers were wiped out years ago.

I'd be obliged if you could provide any extracts from the tipitaka or agama that explicitly espouses violence....

I never said that they did, yet we still have extremists of that faith murdering people in the name of Buddhism, so you should take it up with them.

• Advertisement

That's it?
    Are you for f**kin real?

What's "fake" about the uncensored version?

Well there's no blood.
    Here's the sky news report where the reporter shows where they PUT the blood

Advertisement