Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm back on vodafone for the first time in forever. I HAVE THE OLD LADY BACK, COMPLETE WITH ALL THE DAMN ADS

Wait a cotton pickin' minute here!

Voice over lady for O2 also does the voice over for Vodafone?

THAT TWO-TIMING HUSSY!

I've never felt more betrayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I hate being at home. I always feel incredibly morose and lonely when around my parents. It's hard to pin point exactly when we became so distant but it's just the way things turned out I guess, and it's past the stage where it could be considered an age thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

My housemate brought a load of people back to the house at 4 oclock last night! They stayed up all night and still haven't left. Glad she can enjoy her Easter holidays but some of us had to go to college early this morning!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I think having college during Easter is an Argh in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Macavity. wrote: »
    I hate being at home. I always feel incredibly morose and lonely when around my parents. It's hard to pin point exactly when we became so distant but it's just the way things turned out I guess, and it's past the stage where it could be considered an age thing.

I don't know why I happened on this board and I have no idea of your circumstance. I put my parents through a bit of hell from teen to mid twenties because obviously I knew more than they did. It's amazing how educated and clued in my parents became as I got older.

The above aside, can you give some advice to a 48 year old single male with an 11 year old daughter and a 6 year old son on how to remain friends with them through life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

galljga1 wrote: »
    I don't know why I happened on this board and I have no idea of your circumstance. I put my parents through a bit of hell from teen to mid twenties because obviously I knew more than they did. It's amazing how educated and clued in my parents became as I got older.

The above aside, can you give some advice to a 48 year old single male with an 11 year old daughter and a 6 year old son on how to remain friends with them through life.

I'm not sure it is possible to guarantee ye will remain friends throughout life. I just turned 21 and get on with my parents fairly well now and have good time for them, but only very recently has that happened. My mam use to say that no matter what she said I would think she was wrong or argue with her and that was probably true. I guess going through the teenage years that is inevitable, you just gotta accept that but know that they will come back to you. I would just say give them their space if that's what they want. I don't really know but I'd say you can expect that kind of thing from 14-22ish! I remember not even wanting to be seen with my parents because they were so 'uncool'. Only with age do you realise how stupid that is!

But I could be wrong, hope this helped anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I'm not sure it is possible to guarantee ye will remain friends throughout life. I just turned 21 and get on with my parents fairly well now and have good time for them, but only very recently has that happened. My mam use to say that no matter what she said I would think she was wrong or argue with her and that was probably true. I guess going through the teenage years that is inevitable, you just gotta accept that but know that they will come back to you. I would just say give them their space if that's what they want. I don't really know but I'd say you can expect that kind of thing from 14-22ish! I remember not even wanting to be seen with my parents because they were so 'uncool'. Only with age do you realise how stupid that is!

But I could be wrong, hope this helped anyways!

Cheers, we are good, we get on great but I fear them turning into the moron that I was. in fairness, that will just be cosmic payback.

Work is going to be a nightmare today. Lots of angry people

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

It's so stressful trying to get organised to go back to college, I'm too nervous to ring my old school for the things i need . I shouldn't have dropped out last year :'(

• Advertisement

Was supposed to go out but got caught in a really heavy rain storm drenching me. Thanks Galway. Always welcoming me with rain

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lisas98

Looking for a summer job is awful, it's just rejection after rejection... Looks like I'll have the same result as last summer then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Unemployment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Unemployment!

What happend??

They hired too many in one go, so I got the chop. BE GRAND. (it really won't be, I quit my other place for it)

I actually get some study done, then a case comes up and I don't recognise it. To google I go. It's the Moors Murders, and now I just want to cuddle my little brother.

• Advertisement

I actually get some study done, then a case comes up and I don't recognise it. To google I go. It's the Moors Murders, and now I just want to cuddle my little brother.

Be damned glad you were reading about the Moors Murders and not the nightmare that is Equity II. :P

But seriously, f*** equity.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Studying in Kerry for my weeks off before my exams/practicing driving for my upcoming test so I haven't been up in Cork in about 10 days.

My housemate from Limerick said she was going to do something tonight for Race day but wasn't sure because another girl we are friends with had decided to do the same thing.

Hadn't heard anything about it since then and now all the snaps are coming in and I feel very left out. I'm sure that she thought I'd just come if I wanted to, or that I wanted to stay in Kerry. I do feel very left out though and I don't know will it be worth bringing up when I go back next week. Out of sight, out of mind I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I take my rent money out every week and leave it aside. rather than just take it all out at the end of the month. Less of a dent in the bank account.

I've misplaced it. Rent has to be lodged on Monday and the cash is nowhere to be seen.

Been tearing my flat apart for days.

Next few months are going to be difficult. :/

It's quiet sad I find it harder to live with hiding the depression that overcomes my mind than hiding my sexuality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Summer job, y u so hard to find???

• Advertisement

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Summer job, y u so hard to find???

I hear that brotha

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I only managed to fall asleep at 7.30am.....im becoming quite the insomniac :(

You need more whiskey.

Started crying over my breakfast this morning because I used full fat milk instead of low fat (I really don't like the taste of full fat).

I think the amount of college work I've to do right now on top of studying for exams, the late nights in college and life in general I getting to me!! Can't wait for August when I'm finally finished college :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

sibby wrote: »
    Started crying over my breakfast this morning because I used full fat milk instead of low fat (I really don't like the taste of full fat).

I have literally never heard anyone say something so spoilt

At least it wasn't crying over spilt milk. :pac:

Hahaha I'm pretty sure the 3 all nighters this week is the real reason for the melt down not the milk!

I'd put it down to college stress rather than it actually being the milk...though the milk being the obvious final straw :P

Stressing about this exam tomorrow morning...so of course I'm heading out with my boyfriend. I'm clever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Stressing about this exam tomorrow morning...so of course I'm heading out with my boyfriend. I'm clever.

53c1786fb40bffd51558357b08c9ab8c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Running out of skins when you still have tobacco left to smoke is no fun. No fun at all.

• Advertisement

Caught in the middle of gay people b*tching about eachother and straight people b*tching about eachother. FFS does it ever fckin stop?

Starting to notice these cycles of life where everything goes up. You meet new people do new things. Then bam the people drift away the new things stop and suddenly your wondering WTF just happened. Till the cycle begins again.

Is that just me.... Ok

*grabs coat*

Jeez hugsie. thought you knew that by now. thought our friendship ment something

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Jhcx wrote: »
    Jeez hugsie. thought you knew that by now. thought our friendship ment something
    :p

If our friendship meany anything one of yee wouldve done the right thing and killed me....the youth of today really do have no morals. :pac:

I hate the library.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    If our friendship meany anything one of yee wouldve done the right thing and killed me....the youth of today really do have no morals. :pac:

As much as I'd love assist. I'm just not willing to take on the title of young 20 year old murder

Ahghghghrhghrh.. Monday.

Something something.

Land Law....**** everything about Land Law.

Pharmacology should go suck a fat one

• Advertisement

It's 8.19am, and instead of being tucked up in bed, I'm in the reading room in college. Exams can go fcuk themselves.

Anyone who legitimately finds project management interesting must have had a very terrible childhood. I'm literally copying and pasting the various sections of a group report together now and even that's taking hours to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Anyone who legitimately finds project management interesting must have had a very terrible childhood. I'm literally copying and pasting the various sections of a group report together now and even that's taking hours to do.

Lol my Dad has a masters in it!

My last exam is in two hours and I am not in the form

wnolan1992 wrote: »

I chose it as an elective this semester........it's definitely not my thing! So glad I never have to write another essay about stakeholders ever again!!

Why the hell are there so many abortion cases in Ireland, and WHY OH WHY don't they just go alphabetically. Nope, there's A, B, C, P, X and Y. And probably more.

• Advertisement

thought abortion wasnt allowed?

That's the point. A, B and C were three women who brought Ireland to the European Court of Human Rights. X was a fourteen year old rape victim who ended up pregnant in 1992, P was the woman in Mullingar hospital at Christmas, and Y is a migrant woman who was made to stay pregnant, and who the HSE got court orders against, forcing her to stop her hunger strike.

AND THIS DIDN'T EVEN COME UP ON THE EXAM

Was taking apart a radio studio today and I think I may have ruined a piece of equipment worth €250.

F*ck.

Shannon airport have started playing music over the pa system and all i can think while working is enya playing lol Tbh its not really an argh just annoying when your trying to not get a song stuck in your head... while working. stuff like this plays

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Just finding more and more ways for my life to get ****ed up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement