Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Ive started hanging around with a friend of mine from school recently and including him in my snapchats and now everyone seems to think were a couple. cant even walk into a restaurant without being told to make ourselves cozy. fck me right!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Interested in you but you aren't interested anymore?

Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Jhcx wrote: »
    Ive started hanging around with a friend of mine from school recently and including him in my snapchats and now everyone seems to think were a couple. cant even walk into a restaurant without being told to make ourselves cozy. fck me right!

I think that's the problem. People think yee are fúcking.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I've a big crick in my neck from sitting at this desk :( Woe is me

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I think that's the problem. People think yee are fúcking.

Eh no. No just no no. No!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I started watching this documentary on BBC3 with a "It can't possibly be as bad as she made it out to be on the radio this morning."

It's worse. I legitimately feel nauseous. And I've been on the verge of tears twice and only 35 minutes have passed.

Ghana can f*ck right off.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

What are you on about?

There was a documentary on BBC3 last night called "The Worst Place in the World to be Disabled" where a journalist traveled around Ghana investigating how they treat disabled people.

There, it seems to be a pretty widely held belief that disability is either a) a punishment from God, b) a curse or hex put on you/your family or c) a spiritual problem with you.

Common treatments include chaining people up because "The Spirits don't like being chained so they'll leave the body if we chain these kids up!", beatings, starvings and (showing just how lovely religion can be) sending babies "back to the Spirits" by doing a little ceremony and letting them to die on the side of the road in the sweltering heat.

And that's not including those families that just lock their kids up inside so that the family isn't stigmatised for having a disabled kid.

So I say again, f*ck Ghana.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

SUSI is evil. EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

SUSI is evil. EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL

For the unenlightened.. what did they do now?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

pajor wrote: »
    For the unenlightened.. what did they do now?

Grants close tomorrow. So, naturally, their website is down for maintenance.

• Advertisement

Hate having to deal with all that SUSI ****e >.< Bane of my life!!

I almost spent over €200 on clothes today (literally one click away from confirming on Amazon) before my better judgement kicked in.

What started as me looking to replace a pair of shoes that have a hole in the bottom of them ended up being a hoodie, two pairs of pants, two pairs of shoes, 20 pairs of socks, 3 t-shirts and two pairs of jeans...

I have a problem... :\

Sound like you have taste. But that's a lot. Its the dangers of Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I Had two seperate people come up to me in Nancy's last night and tell me that I should smile more.
    Who actually stands around with a full on smile all the time? I was in great form.Up till then at least. Fairly regular comment. Like a confidence nuke.
    #Grumpyfaceproblems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

I Had two seperate people come up to me in Nancy's last night and tell me that I should smile more.
    Who actually stands around with a full on smile all the time? I was in great form.Up till then at least. Fairly regular comment. Like a confidence nuke.
    #Grumpyfaceproblems

"Cheer up, it may never happen."

Seriously just f*ck off with your optimism.

Where do people get off saying that? Some guy said it to me in the street when I was on my lunch break once before.
    All I could think is "**** off, you has no idea what's going on in my life!!"

Someone said that to me once. It was on the day I'd discovered a close relative was in ICU and not expected to make it through the night.

I almost punched him.

I'm so overcaffeinated that I think I'm going to twitch right out of my seat. But yet, I'm still in starbucks because I'm attempting to study.

I have an exam in an hour and I actually think I'm about to start crying. I know nothing for this at all. Nothing.

I think im kinda going to hate this day every year for the rest of my life lol. kinda regret not putting in the extra effort in the LC although i put a lot into english but didnt get the result i wanted. not that it stopped me from going to college only to drop out but i think its going to kill me when my brother and sister get theres in 2017 and 18. cause bunch of swats in my house. I do have all the best intentions to go back to college but its a wait and an half. and really consider just redoing the lc just to prove i can beat myself. although id be wasting valuable time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

I repeated and I still have loads of weird dreams about repeating again or just doing random exams back in school, like a couple of times a year not just when it's in the news. :L

I wouldn't repeat for any amount of money on the planet. The misery that the LC entails would not be worth it to me.

I might choose a different course if I had my time again... But then it will have taken me 6 years to get my undergrad if I graduate next year, and I no longer want to work in the field that my undergrad is in, so I guess I would say that... :P

The reasons I hate this day are:
    a) I now realise how utterly meaningless the LC is.
    b) I wish I'd realised a) at the time.
    c) I know that every LC student is having more fun tonight than I am. :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I love how in the workplace if theres any issue on your bosses' side or the customers, well you the middleman are just going to be the one wrong somehow :)) Everyone just blames you regardless. And I love being given out to for things that you were asked to do but never shown how to do, and theres no time for you to ask how to do them
    Oh and I also love having to stay back an extra to take calls because the boss is talking to someone and doing an hour of work that you wont be paid for :))

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Anyone care to kill me, cause Im pretty sure thats the only way I can get out of sitting this exam :(

HELP :(

Anyone care to kill me, cause Im pretty sure thats the only way I can get out of sitting this exam :(

HELP :(

Just walk into the exam hall, walk past all the desks to the front.

Sit down on the floor with arms and legs crossed.

In a very calm voice state "This is a sit-down protest. I am protesting against the archaic methods by which this institution seeks to pit us against each other through assessment which bears no resemblance to the real world situations in which we will require this material."

I think they'll admire your moxie and award you an A.

Shifted the work colleague that I fancied out Saturday for me to get the awkward "I like you but we are going back to different colleges in three weeks so there's no point in even going anywhere with this" conversation then Monday

I guess I just don't really over think most things and have a bit of a "Yera sure we should chance it" attitude but I'm surprised by how much it's bothered me especially as we have been out as friends with work people the last three nights

Unless one of you is going to a different college which entails an international flight, that's a real bullsh*t excuse not to try make it work...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Yea tbh without turning every thread into me being "I'm in a relationship kejdjfnkkfdk" my bof goes to college in a different county to mine but also doesn't live like his family house isn't in the same county as mine so iconic really
    If it's worth persisting with you will :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, I thought it was a bit of a fob off myself. Like I mean we could've had the bant around the place for the next while.

I don't even know why I'm so bothered because it's not a great indicator either way.

Advertisement