Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I just keep thinking of that quote from the simpsons "I do not want to live in a town that robs men of the right to marry our cousins!"

Like I feel theres a joke/pun to be made, but I just cant make a good one

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

deise_girl wrote: »
    I just keep thinking of that quote from the simpsons "I do not want to live in a town that robs men of the right to marry our cousins!"

Like I feel theres a joke/pun to be made, but I just cant make a good one

The Shelbyville episodes were always quality. I miss that standard of Simpsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

You know a show has been going to long when people regularly petition for it to be cancelled all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I need to restore my phone in order to unlock it and I'm so bad at technology, I feel like I've lost it completely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Still without a job, this is depressing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Still without a job, this is depressing :(

Thought you had a job

Jhcx wrote: »
    Thought you had a job

Negatory

Negatory

That's tough going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Down the country helping with the opening of a new shop. Training staff on how to cope with a grill in a dinner rush. Have worked seven 13/15 hour shifts in a row; about to start my eight. I Do not think I've ever been this physically or mentally drained.
    Kitchen work is usually a right buzz but I'm spent at this stage. I've been a vibrating mass of anger for the last 3 days. Horrible feeling snapping at people and not being able to stop myself. Feel like such a cnut .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I swear the only people in my town that are hiring seem to be using jobbridge exclusively

• Advertisement

Jobbridge is one of the reasons young people need to get involved politically. The Irish seem to lie down and take everything. Should be following the Greek example. Disgraceful scheme. It's one thing to put someone in a jobridge scheme where you'll learn a skill or trade but the fact a shop can use it for till staff is atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Jobbridge is one of the reasons young people need to get involved politically. The Irish seem to lie down and take everything.

I just left. :pac:

pajor wrote: »
    I just left. :pac:

Holland has been an idea knocking around in my head a while.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

My dog is dying at home but I'm in work in the morning, and I'm going to break down when I get the text.

I slept for over 15 hours last night. This getting up at 6am for work is not suiting me

My dog is dying at home but I'm in work in the morning, and I'm going to break down when I get the text.

That's really bad. :(

I'm dreading the day I hear that our 14/15 year old dog has died.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

pajor wrote: »
    That's really bad. :(

I'm dreading the day I hear that our 14/15 year old dog has died.

Got a call on my lunch break in work. I may have broken down in the veg section of Dunnes.

Got a call on my lunch break in work. I may have broken down in the veg section of Dunnes.

cZMKozVt.jpg

I've a headACHE from the SUSI reassessment

My cat is getting to that age and I am dreading the day I'm faced with a similar situation as yourself. Thoughts are with you :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Our like 17-18 y/o cat was visibly getting frailer for a few weeks, then one day she just wandered off and never came back. Sort of made it easier I guess. Can't imagine how sh*tty it is to lose a pet that lives indoors with you.

Getting my third P45 of the year. Self confidence is officially at 0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Getting my third P45 of the year. Self confidence is officially at 0

If you're working at Dunnes, I wouldn't be offended. I got booted after 3 weeks for absolutely no reason.

Trying to keep a postivie attitude is really hard when i have very little to look forward to on a weekly basis'

Being blamed for my unemployment by my father now like cool I can't literally force anyone to employ me?? He says its gone on too long now and that I'm not gonna get any work anywhere till maybe Christmas
    So savage tbh..
    And results are out this week woop woop can't wait to count how many repeats I have that I also have to pay for some way :))))))

deise_girl wrote: »
    Being blamed for my unemployment by my father now like cool I can't literally force anyone to employ me?? He says its gone on too long now and that I'm not gonna get any work anywhere till maybe Christmas
    So savage tbh..
    And results are out this week woop woop can't wait to count how many repeats I have that I also have to pay for some way :))))))

Job searching is complete bs, hardly anyone seems to get a job from handing in a cv. All my friends, myself included, got jobs through someone knowing someone and them putting in a word etc.

While I'm really lucky that my friend sorted me out it's still really unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

yeah I'm pretty employmentally-challenged lately. Anywhere that typically employed plebs like me is really only looking for jobbridge plebs so they can pay fa this year. I've had one interview that went moderately well in a call centre but as soon as the words "zero-hour contract" dribbled from the corner of her mouth I was out the door and on the bus.

but yeah the real struggle is the boredom

but yeah the real struggle is the boredom

Two and a half words for you. "Bag o' cans" :pac:

Went down the neoptism route and a chippers vacancy is looking possible.
    Not in any sort of position to be fussy but kinda nervous of how tough it'd get in such a holiday makers area(the people Id be dealing with day or night) and also I think they'd be kinda hoping Id stay on past the Summer a bit but bar a day at the weekend I wouldnt be around for much more..

Anyone here worked in a local chippers type place before any opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

There are three dogs in the estate behind my house.

How long do I have to put up with them barking back and forth before I shoot them all in the skull?

IU mean, my good Jesus, how are they NOT irritating the f*ck out of their actual owners?

Advertisement