Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

deise_girl wrote: »
    I wish...
    My college home tbh and it was more of.. Not quite sharing a secret but telling the drunken world something they didn't need to know.. Tbh it gets more ****ed up than that but too raw
    Currently waiting on a train xx

Maybe there's no need to flee? It can't possibly be that bad.. can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I wish...
    My college home tbh and it was more of.. Not quite sharing a secret but telling the drunken world something they didn't need to know.. Tbh it gets more ****ed up than that but too raw
    Currently waiting on a train xx

Alcohol is the star of most of my self destructions too. Social or otherwise.

Theres nothing quite like morning after cringe.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I left the societies ball before 1. Am I too old to hack the sesh, or do I just have better things to do with my life? TBH the highlight of the night was singing Barbie Girl in the car home.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I have not had a good night out in so long, disaster really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Starting a 5000 word essay when I should be studying for exams...and going out tonight anyway, I'm a disaster!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I brought the wrong laptop to Galway with me. So instead of my new laptop, y'know, the one I put €500 down for to get one with a decent processor, I'm stuck with my old one with a dual core pentium and 4GB ram. IT'S SO SLOW

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Still waiting for an explanation/apology from the most embarrassing thing anyone has ever done to me

But it seems like Im not getting that :(

Still waiting for an explanation/apology from the most embarrassing thing anyone has ever done to me

Just burn down their house. It's the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Just burn down their house. It's the only way.

I second that!

Because its my house too tbh

Nahh not to be overly bleak or dramatic but genuinely 2015 so far as been nothing short of a test like the things I have gone through I would have never thought in a million years Id have to face

Someone wake me up after January 6th next year :)

• Advertisement

Boys are confusing and annoying and I just want to punch someone/thing right now over this. Grr.

If you don't want to share that's fine but what happened?

thelad95 wrote: »
    If you don't want to share that's fine but what happened?

Best friend announced something v personal that Im quare self conscious about to a lot of people I dont really know.. Then indirectly but still knowingly did something quite strange that really wasnt fair on me...
    I fled, returned last night, nare an apology or explanation for it and am expected to live my life as normal

Nah
    Other things happened earlier this year but sure, why even get into those

Best friend announced something v personal that Im quare self conscious about to a lot of people I dont really know.. Then indirectly but still knowingly did something quite strange that really wasnt fair on me...
    I fled, returned last night, nare an apology or explanation for it and am expected to live my life as normal

Nah
    Other things happened earlier this year but sure, why even get into those

Was your friend drunk at the time? Sometimes I think people believe they can get away with doing or saying anything if they were under the influence. Obviously it doesn't actually work like that.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Confront dat bítch!
    thelad95 wrote: »
    Was your friend drunk at the time? Sometimes I think people believe they can get away with doing or saying anything if they were under the influence. Obviously it doesn't actually work like that.

I feel like though the apology wouldnt be as satisfying if I have to prompt it.. I was considering that myself

And yea she was drunk but she certainly wasnt at a stage where she had zero control over herself, like Ive seen her drunk enough times to know when she is/isnt at a stage where something like that could slip

I feel like though the apology wouldnt be as satisfying if I have to prompt it.. I was considering that myself

And yea she was drunk but she certainly wasnt at a stage where she had zero control over herself, like Ive seen her drunk enough times to know when she is/isnt at a stage where something like that could slip

Yeah I get you, if it's eating you up, you should confront her and let her know what the story is. As it is, she's probably not aware she hurt you.

Burn her room!!

No, but on a serious note that sucks, that's really bad form on her!! Hope you're ok Deise! Is she acting like nothing happened or is she avoiding you? Maybe she's being awkward and is afraid to apologise coz she knows she's in the wrong! You should definitely have a chat with her for the sake of your friendship!

If the thing she told everyone is something likely to cause you slagging The best thing to do is just completely own it. If you laugh along it'll grow boring for people.

definitely have a chat with her. If she did it spitefully have a little more than a chat.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ironically, the worst thing about the takeaway I got from a place that has "Kebab" in in its title last night was the actual kebab. It was delivered flat pack. Naan, meat, sauce and veg all in different containers.

Boo-urns.

Also, I just dialed 1741 for the first time since O2 became Three. The new voiceover lady is mean. I miss the old girl. She'd been telling me how to top up since I was 10. I want her back damn it!

I'm back on vodafone for the first time in forever. I HAVE THE OLD LADY BACK, COMPLETE WITH ALL THE DAMN ADS

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm back on vodafone for the first time in forever. I HAVE THE OLD LADY BACK, COMPLETE WITH ALL THE DAMN ADS

Wait a cotton pickin' minute here!

Voice over lady for O2 also does the voice over for Vodafone?

THAT TWO-TIMING HUSSY!

I've never felt more betrayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I hate being at home. I always feel incredibly morose and lonely when around my parents. It's hard to pin point exactly when we became so distant but it's just the way things turned out I guess, and it's past the stage where it could be considered an age thing.

My housemate brought a load of people back to the house at 4 oclock last night! They stayed up all night and still haven't left. Glad she can enjoy her Easter holidays but some of us had to go to college early this morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I think having college during Easter is an Argh in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Macavity. wrote: »
    I hate being at home. I always feel incredibly morose and lonely when around my parents. It's hard to pin point exactly when we became so distant but it's just the way things turned out I guess, and it's past the stage where it could be considered an age thing.

I don't know why I happened on this board and I have no idea of your circumstance. I put my parents through a bit of hell from teen to mid twenties because obviously I knew more than they did. It's amazing how educated and clued in my parents became as I got older.

The above aside, can you give some advice to a 48 year old single male with an 11 year old daughter and a 6 year old son on how to remain friends with them through life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

galljga1 wrote: »
    I don't know why I happened on this board and I have no idea of your circumstance. I put my parents through a bit of hell from teen to mid twenties because obviously I knew more than they did. It's amazing how educated and clued in my parents became as I got older.

The above aside, can you give some advice to a 48 year old single male with an 11 year old daughter and a 6 year old son on how to remain friends with them through life.

I'm not sure it is possible to guarantee ye will remain friends throughout life. I just turned 21 and get on with my parents fairly well now and have good time for them, but only very recently has that happened. My mam use to say that no matter what she said I would think she was wrong or argue with her and that was probably true. I guess going through the teenage years that is inevitable, you just gotta accept that but know that they will come back to you. I would just say give them their space if that's what they want. I don't really know but I'd say you can expect that kind of thing from 14-22ish! I remember not even wanting to be seen with my parents because they were so 'uncool'. Only with age do you realise how stupid that is!

But I could be wrong, hope this helped anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I'm not sure it is possible to guarantee ye will remain friends throughout life. I just turned 21 and get on with my parents fairly well now and have good time for them, but only very recently has that happened. My mam use to say that no matter what she said I would think she was wrong or argue with her and that was probably true. I guess going through the teenage years that is inevitable, you just gotta accept that but know that they will come back to you. I would just say give them their space if that's what they want. I don't really know but I'd say you can expect that kind of thing from 14-22ish! I remember not even wanting to be seen with my parents because they were so 'uncool'. Only with age do you realise how stupid that is!

But I could be wrong, hope this helped anyways!

Cheers, we are good, we get on great but I fear them turning into the moron that I was. in fairness, that will just be cosmic payback.

Work is going to be a nightmare today. Lots of angry people

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

It's so stressful trying to get organised to go back to college, I'm too nervous to ring my old school for the things i need . I shouldn't have dropped out last year :'(

• Advertisement

Was supposed to go out but got caught in a really heavy rain storm drenching me. Thanks Galway. Always welcoming me with rain

Advertisement