Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

13 weeks here. Seems like an eternity!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Sorry if this is a stupid question but how is your gp signing you off for after annual leave due to exhaustion, I would've thought they'd have to sign you off now for it or wait until after your annual leave to see how you were doing?

The consultant signed me off from now really but work are allowing me to take he rest of my annual leave first as I won't be able to carry it over into next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 skylarkin2010

Hi everyone I'm late joining but am also due in July with my 1st baby 😎 having my glucose test done this week and 12 weeks left at work roll on ..
    Not finding out the sex we are going as a suprise

Hi everyone I'm late joining but am also due in July with my 1st baby 😎 having my glucose test done this week and 12 weeks left at work roll on ..
    Not finding out the sex we are going as a suprise

Ps
    Have any of ye had the glucose test yet? How was it , I signed up for pregnancy Pilates this week has anybody tried it? I need something to get me more flexible I'm getting bigger by the day ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Ps
    Have any of ye had the glucose test yet? How was it , I signed up for pregnancy Pilates this week has anybody tried it? I need something to get me more flexible I'm getting bigger by the day ..

Haven't had the glucose test and probably won't unless I get some symptoms(me or baby measuring big, sugars in my sample etc). I didn't need it last time so hoping not to need it this time!

I'm nearly 27 weeks and I've been doing pregnancy Pilates since 13/14 weeks. I did it with my first too. It's great. I found it really stood to me for the labour. This time I've got a lot of pelvic pain so it's been helping keep that under control.

• Advertisement

Super I'm looking forward to giving it a go tomorrow hopefully it'll help moving around a bit better , I'm 25 weeks now I think it's flying by so fast ..
    Do you find your getting moody or more tired as weeks go on? Ha I was just reading symptoms on 3rd trimester trying to prepare lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Super I'm looking forward to giving it a go tomorrow hopefully it'll help moving around a bit better , I'm 25 weeks now I think it's flying by so fast ..
    Do you find your getting moody or more tired as weeks go on? Ha I was just reading symptoms on 3rd trimester trying to prepare lol

I'm tired alright but I think that could be to do with chasing my 16 month old around :) Not sure about the moodiness, will have to ask my husband when he gets home!!! I would say I'm more emotional at the moment actually. I get a bit teary more easily, happy and sad things set me off.

Roesy wrote: »
    I'm tired alright but I think that could be to do with chasing my 16 month old around :) Not sure about the moodiness, will have to ask my husband when he gets home!!! I would say I'm more emotional at the moment actually. I get a bit teary more easily, happy and sad things set me off.

16 month old wow congratulations :) yip I feel the tiredness creeping in now again I wasn't sick 1st trimester just exhausted .. I'm quite the same , totally emotional full of happiness then I could cry the minute I see something sad on TV .. Hopefully the mood swings will stay awY so ... Pilates tomorrow looking forward to them now cheers ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

im 27 weeks now and I have noticed a dip in my energy coming into the third trimester. On Sunday, my husband took our little one and I just rested all day which was great. I would say ive had a good 4 weeks of feeling 'normal' where I had good energy levels and not too much morning sickness. Get sick maybe once every 2 weeks now and its usually in connection with being tired so im hoping as I come into the 3rd trimester and more tired that the sickness with not return.

I also noticed my bump getting a bit bigger and more rounded in the weekend so maybe this growth might have been the cause of the tiredness.

I really cant stop drinking milk. I think I could go without eating all day and just drink milk (although im not im eating healthy with the odd treat) which is weird because that is what the baby is going to living off milk only when its born too :)

In some ways I feel the pregnancy is flying and only 13 weeks left and in other ways I feel like its taking ages :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

I'll be 27 weeks in another couple of days, almost in the last trimester which is mad. Same as you, I feel like it's flying by but at the same time that I've been pregnant ages.

I think tiredness definitely contributes to the sickness cos I'm the same, it's worse when I'm tired. Thankfully not vomiting anymore though,i feel a hundred times better than I did earlier on in the pregnancy.

I've started getting horrible acid reflux in the last couple of weeks, has anyone else had this? It's only happening every few days at the moment so I'm really hoping it doesn't get more frequent cos it makes the nausea much worse when I have it. I've tried taking rennies but it doesn't help at all.

• Advertisement

I'll be 27 weeks in another couple of days, almost in the last trimester which is mad. Same as you, I feel like it's flying by but at the same time that I've been pregnant ages.

I think tiredness definitely contributes to the sickness cos I'm the same, it's worse when I'm tired. Thankfully not vomiting anymore though,i feel a hundred times better than I did earlier on in the pregnancy.

I've started getting horrible acid reflux in the last couple of weeks, has anyone else had this? It's only happening every few days at the moment so I'm really hoping it doesn't get more frequent cos it makes the nausea much worse when I have it. I've tried taking rennies but it doesn't help at all.

Yes I've had some acid reflux too. I haven't found rennies to help all that much either but on the days that I have my 'milk binges' I feel that also helps keep heartburn away either that or else I'm just looking for any excuse to make drinking milk more positive because I just love it so much haha :)

another thing I forgot to say in my last post was that I am having baths every evening. I find them very relaxing just before going to bed :)

Saralee4 wrote: »
    Yes I've had some acid reflux too. I haven't found rennies to help all that much either but on the days that I have my 'milk binges' I feel that also helps keep heartburn away either that or else I'm just looking for any excuse to make drinking milk more positive because I just love it so much haha :)

another thing I forgot to say in my last post was that I am having baths every evening. I find them very relaxing just before going to bed :)

I'm not a fan of milk unfortunately! Well I have it in porridge etc every day but wouldn't be able to drink a glass of milk by itself. Maybe more porridge with milk might help! When I have it bad I'm burping up mouthfuls of acid, it's horrible. Seems to happen every 3-4 days at the moment.

I never have baths but it sounds like a good idea. I'm wrecked this evening but energy levels haven't been too bad in general lately thankfully. I'm sleeping better now than I did before pregnancy.

I'm not a fan of milk unfortunately! Well I have it in porridge etc every day but wouldn't be able to drink a glass of milk by itself. Maybe more porridge with milk might help! When I have it bad I'm burping up mouthfuls of acid, it's horrible. Seems to happen every 3-4 days at the moment.

I never have baths but it sounds like a good idea. I'm wrecked this evening but energy levels haven't been too bad in general lately thankfully. I'm sleeping better now than I did before pregnancy.

Oh I haven't had anything like mouthfuls of acid more heartburn with a little reflux. Say it too your doctor. Not that I think it's serious but i imagine it's not very pleasant for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 clara98

I've been like that the last few days too and as much as I hate the stuff, gaviscon is working for me. I had to buy the big bottle at the weekend because i spent Friday night awake thinking I was going to vomit up loads of acid. I drink it from the bottle so I'm not thinking too much about it. Gross but sometimes even when I don't drink enough of it my burps are like sherbet. Hope you find something to help you. It can be very uncomfortable.

I had one night around last week of horrible reflux and heartburn. It actually woke me up which I thought was weird. A cup of milk helped hugely. It was really horrible and don't normally suffer from it. Had one night of it on my last pregnancy as well around the same time. Really feel for those of you getting it regularly. My sister in law used to carry a bottle of gaviscon with her constantly during her pregnancies.

Had GP appointment today and all is well and head is down so hopefully it stays that way for the next 13 weeks.

Thanks ladies, I'll give gaviscon a go. Have never tried it before, never get heartburn or anything like this usually.

Clara, that's exactly what it feels like - like I'm going to vomit up a load of acid, very uncomfortable. Hopefully it doesn't become a regular thing.

Was a bit concerned cos baby had been very quiet the last couple of days but it's kicking away like mad now. Can see my belly moving, it's cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pudner7

Have heartburn here too at all times of the day but like that a glass of milk or a few rennies sort it out. At night I find if I prop my head up slightly on pillows it helps. Luckily no reflux but I do know what that's like. Woeful. Gaviscon does help though. 15 weeks left here. It's flying. Off for a week in the sun next week and I can't wait. Anyone else taking a holiday/babymoon before babies arrive?

Pudner7 wrote: »
    Have heartburn here too at all times of the day but like that a glass of milk or a few rennies sort it out. At night I find if I prop my head up slightly on pillows it helps. Luckily no reflux but I do know what that's like. Woeful. Gaviscon does help though. 15 weeks left here. It's flying. Off for a week in the sun next week and I can't wait. Anyone else taking a holiday/babymoon before babies arrive?

I had a holiday and it was the best week of the pregnancy so far. So relaxing, I ate and slept well, no sickness, no heartburn and took some lovely walks every day. Hope you have a great time ;)

Sounds awesome Saralee and exactly what I'm hoping for. I finally feel like I have my energy back and will get out and about more in the sun hopefully. I've only really just started showing too so I'll probably come back with a massive bump! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yup, we've booked a weekend in Wexford in May. I was really enthusiastic to get to the beach but I wasn't too excited about the prospect of flying at 30 weeks. If anything bad happened to baby that was caused by my spoiling myself it wouldn't be worth the risk. Plus I've had rib pain since 17 weeks and the idea of getting delayed on a plane with nowhere to go was too much to handle. Going to physio now cos I decided not to accept doctors' assertions that there was nothing to be done. They said it's normal after 30 weeks but the idea of putting up with it for 23 weeks was too much for me. Really glad I did!! The relief is brilliant. Anyone else suffering in that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 nettie1

Yup, we've booked a weekend in Wexford in May. I was really enthusiastic to get to the beach but I wasn't too excited about the prospect of flying at 30 weeks. If anything bad happened to baby that was caused by my spoiling myself it wouldn't be worth the risk. Plus I've had rib pain since 17 weeks and the idea of getting delayed on a plane with nowhere to go was too much to handle. Going to physio now cos I decided not to accept doctors' assertions that there was nothing to be done. They said it's normal after 30 weeks but the idea of putting up with it for 23 weeks was too much for me. Really glad I did!! The relief is brilliant. Anyone else suffering in that way?

Aw Nettie that's rough. What's causing the rib pain? Sounds woeful but at least physio is a help. I get a pain in my lower ribs when I lie on my right side which is a pain because I used always sleep on my right side so that's taken some getting used to. I've had these tingling sensations in my legs the last few nights too which is very annoying but I know it's a symptom now. I wonder is there any solution to it.
    A weekend anywhere will be lovely. Least you can bring your pillows and anything else that's a comfort to you. I wonder would Ryanair let me bring my pregnancy pillow as my carry on! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

Aw Nettie that's rough. What's causing the rib pain? Sounds woeful but at least physio is a help. I get a pain in my lower ribs when I lie on my right side which is a pain because I used always sleep on my right side so that's taken some getting used to. I've had these tingling sensations in my legs the last few nights too which is very annoying but I know it's a symptom now. I wonder is there any solution to it.
    A weekend anywhere will be lovely. Least you can bring your pillows and anything else that's a comfort to you. I wonder would Ryanair let me bring my pregnancy pillow as my carry on! :P

Sounds like RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome), i'm driven daft with it. Low Iron can be a cause so maybe get that checked. There are dietary things people suggest such as tonic water (aquinine?), and eating plenty of Magnesium (bananas, pumpkin seeds, porridge oats) and Iron (red meat, leafy greens). But i can't say i've found anything to make a difference.

How is everyone doing? I had an antenatal appointment this morning and consultant said placenta was low but baby's head was below it. Nothing to worry about apparently but he'll be keeping an eye on it.

Lots of pain in my pubic bone/pelvis recently especially today after driving. Is that spd or just normal? I didn't have it during my last pregnancy.

Nead21 wrote: »
    How is everyone doing? I had an antenatal appointment this morning and consultant said placenta was low but baby's head was below it. Nothing to worry about apparently but he'll be keeping an eye on it.

Lots of pain in my pubic bone/pelvis recently especially today after driving. Is that spd or just normal? I didn't have it during my last pregnancy.

I'm grand, had a very bad relapse of sickness last week & ended up in hospital for a couple of days but I'm a lot better now. All good apart from that, heartburn & acid haven't been as bad yesterday or today which is a nice relief.

I haven't a clue whether that's spd, know very little about it. Thankfully haven't experienced any kind of pelvic pain so far. Might be worth going to the doc if it gets worse?

28 weeks on Friday, last trimester already :eek:

Nead21 wrote: »

Hi Nead21 my placenta is low too and I've been in hospital twice in the last few weeks with bleeding but it's not low enough to need a section or anything.
    Otherwise doing ok. Also getting bad pelvic pain when walking more than a short distance but don't get it getting into/out of car or turning over in bed so don't think its spd. I'm definitely uncomfortable a lot earlier in this pregnancy than the last one! Wondering what I'm going to be like in another ten weeks!!!

my last scan was at 15-16 weeks and my placenta was low or in the wrong place at that time so I have an appointment at week 34 to check that it has moved so im not sure if it has moved or not something like that the technician wasn't that clear and said it was nothing to worry about at the time. I have had lower abdominal pains that I would say feel like a stitch in my side but nothing too bad and also a bit of lower back pain. nead could the consultant tell your placental position just by examining you or did you have a scan also?

Drdoc I had some heavy bleeding at week 11 so not the same as yourself but do you think its related to the position of the placenta? Hope all is ok!

Sorry to hear greenorchard that you had to go to the hospital. Hope you are feeling better and all is well with you too. I had one of those mouthful of acid reflux episodes earlier this week but have been fine since.

Oh and I have had confirmation that I am not immune from chicken pox so I have to be careful as there is an outbreak in my daughters crèche.

Lot better thanks Saralee, I'm hoping it stays that way, have had more than enough sickness this pregnancy!

Acid reflux is horrible isn't it, I had it really bad last week. Got prescribed Zantac so have been taking that & Gaviscon when the reflux & heartburn get bad.

My placenta was high at the 21 week scan so I'm assuming it'll stay that way? No idea if they tend to move down once they're high.

• Advertisement

Thanks Saralee that must've been really frightening having a heavy bleed. Thankfully mine were light but they seem to take them really seriously if they happen in later pregnancy and was admitted for a couple of nights each time. They don't think it's due to placental position as it's not low enough to cause problems. Like you I was due to have a repeat scan at 34 weeks but ended up having one sooner with the bleeding.
    Once they've moved up they don't move back down!
    Glad to hear the heartburn is improving greenorchard

Advertisement