Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

Ah I'll see how I get on in the next week or so. I do have the option to work from home sometimes so I might start doing that & see how it goes. I definitely won't feel bad about finishing a week or two early anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10 skylarkin2010

Hey All,

35 weeks today , i can't believe how fast the time has gone..
    feeling good tired some days and some days have loads of energy..
    I have 3 weeks left at work.. cannot wait to finish up..

Have you all got your hospital bags packed?
    Would love to hear the experience of labour from the second timers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Hey All,

35 weeks today , i can't believe how fast the time has gone..
    feeling good tired some days and some days have loads of energy..
    I have 3 weeks left at work.. cannot wait to finish up..

Have you all got your hospital bags packed?
    Would love to hear the experience of labour from the second timers :)

I still have to pack my bag! What are people putting in the labour bag though?

On my first, I had got confused and just packed one big bag for the hospital stay. When I was being moved to the labour room, the midwife said 'no your taking that bag, its too big' (it wasn't even that big)! Anyway she sent my husband to put it at the reception down the hallway. During this time I was having particularly painful contractions, the midwife left me in the hall alone and was in a side office having a chat while we waited on my husband to return and I got sick all over the hall floor. I remember being embarrassed. Husband came back and then had to go back to the bag at reception to get me a new nightdress out of the bag.

when I got into the ward, I was put on the bed and after getting sick I asked the new midwife 'can I have a drink' and she looked me like I was some kind of alcho and said 'em we don't permit alcohol during labour'! I had to explain to her that I meant water! :o

I didn't really use anything from the bag so Im not sure what I might need??

Oh my that sounds pretty horrific... you poor thing as if the whole first time labour wasn't daunting enough..
    well that is good to know then the smaller the better, in the antenatal class they suggested a labour bag small including nightdress slippers and then the maternity bag with baby stuff and fresh nightgown pads etc in the car for after.

I bought the stuff but need to get it packed and ready ... its all becoming very real now ..
    baby movements are much different as the time passes more like a rolling , or moving around..
    heartburn on occasion but sleeping ok.. well other then im snoring since i got pregnant driving the OH mad ..

BTW haha on the alcohol assumption... Water obviously... maybe bottled water and straw for the bag ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nettie1

Saralee4 wrote: »
    greenorchard just take the sicknote seriously! You wont gain anything from staying in work longer. They will manage without you for an extra month!

I made that mistake on my first pregnancy and was so worried about how work were going to cope so I worked too hard and it wasn't appreciated or worth it in the end.

Greenorchard I suppose it depends on your conditions at work but if you won't suffer too badly financially take the time.
    I'm swelling a bit too. Sometimes I forget myself and wear socks and my calves look like the Mitchelin Man wearing a belt! That said, I'm kinda glad it's still sock weather. People keep telling me how awful it is to be expecting in hot weather. But then if I was to listen to every story I wouldn't have been able to loave the house since November with the misery.
    Self diagnosed myself with carpel tunnel in my wrists today so I feel your pain Greenorchard, literally! I presume it'll go once the fluid goes, anybody know? I must ask the GP next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

nettie1 wrote: »
    Greenorchard I suppose it depends on your conditions at work but if you won't suffer too badly financially take the time.
    I'm swelling a bit too. Sometimes I forget myself and wear socks and my calves look like the Mitchelin Man wearing a belt! That said, I'm kinda glad it's still sock weather. People keep telling me how awful it is to be expecting in hot weather. But then if I was to listen to every story I wouldn't have been able to loave the house since November with the misery.
    Self diagnosed myself with carpel tunnel in my wrists today so I feel your pain Greenorchard, literally! I presume it'll go once the fluid goes, anybody know? I must ask the GP next week.

I had severe carpal tunnel for about the last 3 months of the pregnancy but I had it 24/7. The best advice I can give is get in contact with your hospitals physio dept and get the splints for nighttime. They were a complete life saver for me. My baby is now 12 days old and while I don't need the splints, and the fluid is definitely going down, I still have numb fingers!

nettie1 wrote: »

My GP diagnosed me with it yesterday. My wrists are ok, it's all in my fingers. Like Allirog said, he suggested splints are the best thing to help with it & yes, it does go away afterwards. At the moment mine's only sore during the night/in the morning, though my fingers stay swollen all day.

Had an early night last night & my feet and ankles look completely normal again this morning :)

Hey ladies,
    I have stiff fingers and wrist on my right hand, i figures its just the swelling also..
    2 weeks left at work cannot wait for it...
    How are ye all feeling? getting excited now 4 weeks to due date...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pudner7

6 weeks to go here. 4 left in work. It could come sooner to be honest. I feel fine but heart burn, reflux and the constant trips to the loo at night have me wrecked by morning so I'm finding my concentration levels wearing off by about 2pm. I can't wait to finish up. I plan on taking a few days off so I won't do a full week. No swelling thank god. I feel for ye ladies with carpal tunnel. It sounds awful.
    I'm half way through my ante natal classes and I love them. They're getting me very excited. Labour ward tour at this weeks one.
    I have to say as well I think it's the perfect time of year for being pregnant/giving birth. At least it's bright and not freezing when you're traipsing to the loo at 4am and I can imagine getting up for night feeds is slightly easier with the sun up early.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 alemap83

Pudner7 wrote: »
    6 weeks to go here. 4 left in work. It could come sooner to be honest. I feel fine but heart burn, reflux and the constant trips to the loo at night have me wrecked by morning so I'm finding my concentration levels wearing off by about 2pm. I can't wait to finish up. I plan on taking a few days off so I won't do a full week. No swelling thank god. I feel for ye ladies with carpal tunnel. It sounds awful.
    I'm half way through my ante natal classes and I love them. They're getting me very excited. Labour ward tour at this weeks one.
    I have to say as well I think it's the perfect time of year for being pregnant/giving birth. At least it's bright and not freezing when you're traipsing to the loo at 4am and I can imagine getting up for night feeds is slightly easier with the sun up early.

hey there, I was the same with heart burn at night and I complained loads the last day I was in with my consultant. She prescribed me Losec.. She said it's perfectly safe to take during pregnancy. I can't describe the change it's made to me.. I don't even wake to go to the loo near as much now and I am sleeping a 100 times better. Before this I eating rinne's and drinking gaviscon by the bucket load! I can't understand why she didn't give it to me sooner..

• Advertisement

Hi ladies,
    Things are starting to change a bit here. I'm almost 37 weeks. Back is very weak and pelvic floor exercises just feel odd somehow. How is everyone else getting on?
    Went for my antenatal appointment yesterday and the midwife started to go through the day of delivery with me. I thought I had another appointment but apparently not!! Nearly lost my stand up! It's starting to get real!!
    I think I'm ok with the parenting lark - don't expect to get any sleep for the first two years and then feel like you're failing as a mother forever, has been the general trend of helpful comments to date, so that's ok. 😬 Ah no, I'm looking forward to meeting baba and starting on a new adventure as a family, whatever it may bring, including sleep deprivation and mild to moderate anxiety for the rest of my life.
    It's labour I'm dreading!! How much pain is normal? None of it looks normal or natural to me!! Not impressed!! I'd gladly put up with the pain and aches and swelling and all that for another few months to avoid the labour!!
    Rant over. How are my ladies??

36 weeks here, the end is getting so close! I'm grand, still have stupid nausea but no pain or anything like that. Getting lots of swelling in my feet & ankles, the weather isn't helping with that! Still though, when I pictured being 36 weeks pregnant I thought I'd be a LOT more uncomfortable & huge by now but I feel mostly ok & energy levels are grand. Thankfully the carpal tunnel is still just bothering me during the night & first thing in the morning, it's fine during the day.

I'm the opposite nettie, not too worried about labour but I'm starting to get nervous about looking after a tiny human! The 'helpful' comments get annoying, don't they? Apparently we'll never sleep, go to the cinema, out for dinner or on holidays again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Haven't been on here in ages as we moved house and we're still awaiting Internet. 37 weeks tomorrow and I had to send my son to my mam's for the day as I'm getting what feels like period pain. Not sure if it's the start of anything but having a rest and seeing how I feel.

Sorry to hear some of you are not feeling great. Also suffering from hand and feet swelling. I can't wear my rings anymore :-( Heartburn has been a killer the last month and if one more person tells me it's going to be a big baby they are going to get a punch in the face!

Sorry to be the bearer if bad news but the "helpful" comments only get worse after the baby is born.

Almost our month now ladies which I can't believe. It's gone so quickly....starting to remember the newborn things now..:-)

Nead21 wrote: »
    Haven't been on here in ages as we moved house and we're still awaiting Internet. 37 weeks tomorrow and I had to send my son to my mam's for the day as I'm getting what feels like period pain. Not sure if it's the start of anything but having a rest and seeing how I feel.

Sorry to hear some of you are not feeling great. Also suffering from hand and feet swelling. I can't wear my rings anymore :-( Heartburn has been a killer the last month and if one more person tells me it's going to be a big baby they are going to get a punch in the face!

Oh did the pains stop Nead or was it the start of something?

It's definitely the one downside to being heavily pregnant at this time of year - the warmer weather makes the swelling worse. I had to take my rings off a few weeks ago.

One more Monday in work for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

I'll be 37 weeks this Friday and already being told I'm very low and look like I could go at any minute!

My first was bang on time so hoping this guy is a little early :D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Duberlin Chick

How's everyone getting on in work or have you finished up?? I've 4 weeks til due date and really struggling even just at desk. Am wondering am I the only one hanging in with 4 weeks to go?

How's everyone getting on in work or have you finished up?? I've 4 weeks til due date and really struggling even just at desk. Am wondering am I the only one hanging in with 4 weeks to go?

I'm hanging in there too, am nearly 37 weeks and have another week left in work after Friday. Am finding it ok apart from the heat & swollen feet.

Hi Ladies, 3 weeks left in work but I could happily finish up now. The heat is a killer at the moment. I'm considering signing myself off for the last week if the heat persists. Even clothes are a bit of a joke at the moment. Nothing is comfortable! I'm so ready for Baby Pud to arrive!

I may need to cut these maternity skinny jeans off later cause as the day progresses it doesn't look like they'll be able to come off over these ankles later on!

I'm finishing up tomorrow. Can't come soon enough! I'm spending up to 11 hours in bed to get through the day! Am trying to finish paperwork at home so it's kinda mental.
    Resisting the urge to nest as well so the state of the house is driving me crazy. Every speck is annoying me but I haven't the energy or the time to tackle it.
    Everyone is telling me I'm dropping and I'll go as soon as I stop work. I hope that's not the case as I REALLY want some rest before baba arrives. I can only imagine it must be very difficult if there are other children at home. I'm lucky to be a first timer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

39 weeks! Have a scan later. Dying to see has bub moved down any bit. All signs point to no!!

Almost July Ladies. Anyone panicing a bit yet? Hospital bags all packed?
    Was just reading up about taking Rescue Remedy during labour to help with focusing and not freaking out. Any one here heard of anyone using it or tried it themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wholeheartedly

Pudner7 wrote: »
    Almost July Ladies. Anyone panicing a bit yet? Hospital bags all packed?
    Was just reading up about taking Rescue Remedy during labour to help with focusing and not freaking out. Any one here heard of anyone using it or tried it themselves?

Hi Pudner,

Can't believe it's our month tomorrow. Although I am near the end and it could be Aug, still feels exciting!! No panic here. Just excitement. Bag is not packed, but all the things are stacked on a shelf and the bag is open beside it. Haven't wanted to actually pack it yet. Plus still to wash all the baby clothes. Planned to do it today, but wanted to dry them on the line in the sun and weather didn't look so good this morning, turned out amazing though.

Mostly feeling good. Better than I expected for 36 weeks. Tired, plus pelvic pain and carpal tunnel in my hands but sure that's all to be expected. Still walking a minimum of 30 minutes a day and usually some other light exercise too. Sadly I now have 5 stretch marks, very upset :( despite cocoa butter and oil on my tummy all the time. Scared that they will just keep coming until the end now :(

I use rescue remedy all the time, have done all my life so will have some with me for sure. Also arnica tablets are good and I have heard amazing things about the essential oil Clary Sage. It's meant to help a LOT. You can just inhale it, or mix some with another oil and have your OH massage your back with it. Or 1-2 drops in of a bowl of water and use a wash cloth in it.

Hope everyone is feeling good and excited for what's to come!!

Happy due month ladies, very exciting!

Wholeheartedly, I've also heard great things about clary sage oil. I bought a blend of clary sage, lavender & a few other oils, it's supposed to be good during labour.

I'm feeling pretty ok apart from a return of bad acid reflux lately. No aches or pains at all & still very mobile which is nice & unexpected at this stage!

Happy July ladies!

Rosey did your baby move down? Im in the same boat....walking everywhere to get things moving. Baby has dropped but still further to go i think. Lots of crampy pains and tightenings so hopefully i wont go overdue. 38 weeks now....cant believe how quickly it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Nead21 wrote: »
    Happy July ladies!

Rosey did your baby move down? Im in the same boat....walking everywhere to get things moving. Baby has dropped but still further to go i think. Lots of crampy pains and tightenings so hopefully i wont go overdue. 38 weeks now....cant believe how quickly it's gone.

Head still floating as of last week. Due tomorrow and have a scan but to be honest I'll be surprised if it's not still floating. Definitely going overdue I'd say!

Our little boy was born yesterday at 2;10pm. Laboured at home all morning but didn't realise how quickly I was progressing. Barely made it to the hospital with him being born 15 mins after I arrived. Thrilled to bits even if I am still in shock!

Looking forward to reading about the rest of the July babies

Congrats!!! You lucky thing!!!!

Sitting on the sofa eating my 3rd cool pop at 3am. Up for work at 5.30am. Bad times! Lol

Congrats Nead. Wow that was quick, nice & early too! Enjoy your little man

• Advertisement

Aw congrats Nead. First July baby on here. That's amazing and fair play to you. Oh very exciting. I'm end of the month too but am hoping to go this month. Lots of aches and pains and tightenings too so I'm hoping they are good signs!
    In regards to the clary sage oil. How will ye use it while labouring? Must visit the health shop today and get arnica tablets.

Advertisement