Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wholeheartedly

Congratulations Nead! Brilliant news. Hope you are feeling good.

You can use the clary sage oil a few different ways, couple of drops in a bath during early labour, few drops in a base oil and have your partner massage your lower back, or wherever you feel you need it. And also a bowl with hot water, add 10 drops and then use a facecloth in it and everytime you have a contraction, wring out cloth and place over pubic bone. Repeat with each contraction. Replace water often, as it's less effective when cool.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Carraig77

Congratulations Nead! Brilliant news. Hope you are feeling good.

You can use the clary sage oil a few different ways, couple of drops in a bath during early labour, few drops in a base oil and have your partner massage your lower back, or wherever you feel you need it. And also a bowl with hot water, add 10 drops and then use a facecloth in it and everytime you have a contraction, wring out cloth and place over pubic bone. Repeat with each contraction. Replace water often, as it's less effective when cool.

:)

well done nead.
    I'm envious. im due on 22 July. baby dropped over a week ago . feeling lots of pressure down below. 3rd baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

Congrats Nead21! Very jealous! Did you go early on your first?
    No sign of baby dropping at all here so no pressure/pains etc. Induction looming in 10 days or so due to some pregnancy complications so not holding out too much hope for before that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Went at 39 weeks on my first. I was induced due to blood pressure rising and protein in my urine. I did a fierce amount of walking in the last few weeks to get this baby to move down as I couldn't bare the heartburn I was having. He actually only really dropped over the weekend and still had a bit to go. Started really moving down Wednesday night and I I guess he wanted to keep going after that!

Hope your complication is not too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nettie1

Congratulations Nead! And thanks for letting us know. I'd hate the thoughts of everyone disappearing from this forum without letting us know how it all went!!
    I'm in week 39 and seem to be in the minority of people who don't want baby to arrive early. I've had a fairly good pregnancy so don't crave it to end, and baba seems safe where she is.
    I read on an American forum that ladies are expressing to induce labour. I nearly fell down with the shock as I hadn't heard of it. Is anyone doing that??

• Advertisement

Can't wait to read of the next July babies. I really didn't expect to be the first to go at all. Trying to settle in at home and find my feet with a newborn again. My husband has to go into work tomorrow morning until lunchtime so I'll get a taste of what's to come next week when it's just me. I have to say for anyone expecting their second baby I'm definitely adjusting quicker than I did with my first and definitely not experiencing the same kind of shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 skylarkin2010

Wonderful news nead 😃😃
    Your all done how are you adapting?
    I'm due on Friday ..... Apt with midwife tomorrow no pains yet !

nettie1 wrote: »
    Congratulations Nead! And thanks for letting us know. I'd hate the thoughts of everyone disappearing from this forum without letting us know how it all went!!
    I'm in week 39 and seem to be in the minority of people who don't want baby to arrive early. I've had a fairly good pregnancy so don't crave it to end, and baba seems safe where she is.
    I read on an American forum that ladies are expressing to induce labour. I nearly fell down with the shock as I hadn't heard of it. Is anyone doing that??

Me too nettie... Due Friday .. Don't feel any different as of yet ...
    Going to wait and hopefully it'll move along itself...

Baby boy born last Wednesday by emergency section in the end! All doing well and we're home now. Best of luck to the rest of the July mammies!

Drdoc wrote: »
    Baby boy born last Wednesday by emergency section in the end! All doing well and we're home now. Best of luck to the rest of the July mammies!

Congratulations to you ;) well done good to hear your home and it's all over .. Im feeling no different .. Have apt tues to get a date to go in if I don't go naturally ..

• Advertisement

Yay another July baby. Well done Drdoc. Is that another boy for you as well? Hope all is going well and you're settling in at home.

Nead21 wrote: »
    Yay another July baby. Well done Drdoc. Is that another boy for you as well? Hope all is going well and you're settling in at home.

Yep 2 boys now, same as yourself I think! Looking forward to settling back in and getting used to the new dynamic!

Yes two boys too. Little man is 10 days old now which is hard to believe as he wasn't due until next Tuesday!

My husband is back to work in Tuesday now and I'm kinda petrified about managing on my own.

Congratulations to you ;) well done good to hear your home and it's all over .. Im feeling no different .. Have apt tues to get a date to go in if I don't go naturally ..

What date are you due Skylarkin?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Duberlin Chick

Hey girls just wondering, I'm due 24th and have consultant this Wednesday 15th so due Thursday week. Anyone know what happens in Holles St? Do they book you in for an appointment on your due date or what do you think may happen after my appointment on Wednesday? Thanks in advance

Hey girls just wondering, I'm due 24th and have consultant this Wednesday 15th so due Thursday week. Anyone know what happens in Holles St? Do they book you in for an appointment on your due date or what do you think may happen after my appointment on Wednesday? Thanks in advance

Hey. I am also with Holles Street but I see the midwives and my GP, had 38 week appointment today and told to see GP next week and was given another appointment to see midwife the week after, and it is actually the day after my due date, I guess they don't expect first timers to go early. I would think it is the same or similar for the consultant. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Duberlin Chick

Hey. I am also with Holles Street but I see the midwives and my GP, had 38 week appointment today and told to see GP next week and was given another appointment to see midwife the week after, and it is actually the day after my due date, I guess they don't expect first timers to go early. I would think it is the same or similar for the consultant. Hope that helps.

Thanks a mill. Too impatient to wait until Wednesday to find out lol I need this show on the road already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Jumping over from the August thread, I have my 38 weeks appt tomorrow (but not actually 38 until Friday). Did they check anything different or just the same as usual? I was hoping they would start to give me info on how soon I might deliver but seems to be like getting blood from a stone getting them to tell me anything else other than "you're fine, see you in 2 weeks".

Dobbit wrote: »
    Jumping over from the August thread, I have my 38 weeks appt tomorrow (but not actually 38 until Friday). Did they check anything different or just the same as usual? I was hoping they would start to give me info on how soon I might deliver but seems to be like getting blood from a stone getting them to tell me anything else other than "you're fine, see you in 2 weeks".

Hi ladies, I'm 40 +2. I'm going to Cork but they seem very cool about the due date. A midwife told me that only between 3 and 5% of women give birth on their due date. There seems to be really no way to foretell a definite day for delivery. My sister-in-law saw her doctor at 3pm and was told nothing doing and she was in labour by 5pm and gave birth to baby before 7pm! It was her second, so any first time mums shouldn't panic cos we'll be much slower, probably!! It's not an exact science by any means.

Hey ladies, our little girl finally arrived last night after quite an eventful 24 hours. Managed to avoid a C section but experienced just about everything else I've heard of and quite I few things I hadn't heard of!! But we survived and that's all that counts.
    All is well now, we're in the first glow of delight, love and pride, and we're loving it. Hope all's well with ye.

• Advertisement

nettie1 wrote: »
    Hey ladies, our little girl finally arrived last night after quite an eventful 24 hours. Managed to avoid a C section but experienced just about everything else I've heard of and quite I few things I hadn't heard of!! But we survived and that's all that counts.
    All is well now, we're in the first glow of delight, love and pride, and we're loving it. Hope all's well with ye.

Congratulations! Wonderful news. Enjoy your first few days together!!

Dobbit wrote: »

Hey Dobbit,

Hope your appointment went well. My 38 week appointment was my quickest ever, I was in and out in four and a half minutes!! See you in two weeks is their favourite thing to say ;) keep reminding myself I am so lucky not to have any complications and that's why I am in and out so quick, but I know the feeling about sort of wanting more information! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

Congrats nettie, brilliant news! Enjoy your baby snuggles :)

Congrats nettie that's great news. Enjoy your beautiful little girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pudner7

Congrats nettie. Fab news and delighted yere both ok. 38+3 here and had my 38 week app this week too. In and out very fast and yep see you in 2 weeks which is 2 days past my due date. Again I'm lucky to be fit and healthy so no need to see the consultant but a tiny bit of info would be nice. They did tell me my baby is just under 8lbs right now. Is that big for 38 weeks? I know they can so inaccurate!

Pudner, I think they say the estimates can be out by a pound or so either way.

I'm 40 weeks now & so ready for this baby to arrive! Had a sweep this morning so fingers crossed things get moving soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

The estimates were spot on for me both times!!

Was just reading back over the first few pages of this thread. Seems like so long ago! Mad to think most of the babies have arrived. My two are conked. The baby and toddler
    seem to be trying to outdo each other snoring :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pudner7

Oh good luck Greenorchard!!! Did you get offered the sweep or ask for one? How did you find it? Hope it gets ya moving! So exciting! I cannot believe it's July!!! This year has flown by!

Pudner7 wrote: »
    Oh good luck Greenorchard!!! Did you get offered the sweep or ask for one? How did you find it? Hope it gets ya moving! So exciting! I cannot believe it's July!!! This year has flown by!

Thanks Pudner! I was asked if I wanted an internal exam so I said yeah, why not. When she said things looked favourable she said she'd do a sweep if I was ok with it. I found it pretty sore but it didn't take long & it'll be worth it if it helps get things moving. Apparently the baby's head is well down so hopefully it won't be too long now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Hey Dobbit,

Hope your appointment went well. My 38 week appointment was my quickest ever, I was in and out in four and a half minutes!! See you in two weeks is their favourite thing to say ;) keep reminding myself I am so lucky not to have any complications and that's why I am in and out so quick, but I know the feeling about sort of wanting more information! :)

Yeah same, I feel lucky nothing wrong but not to be told anything is pretty annoying, some women on here appear to get loads of info about how head is engaged, cervix is opening or not opening and we get nothing! I did finally meet my consultant though.. A minor miracle...

Advertisement