Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wholeheartedly

Sorry to hear about your teeth greenorchard. Insult to injury! :(

I am in the bits. Totally off food, threw up really badly this morning. Any thought of food has my tummy going mad. I honestly don't know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

I'm so sorry for those who are still feeling awful. I'm only starting to get over it now but it's very depressing to be still sick this late into the pregnancy.

I'm still exhausted. I'm finding working full time and having a toddler very hard. Any one else struggling with this? I honestly feel that I'm not going to make it to my maternity leave considering I'm only 20 weeks tomorrow. Don't know how I'm going to manage at 30 weeks! It doesn't help that we are currently in the middle of a house build and we're hoping to be moving in the next two months or so :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Nead21 wrote: »
    I'm so sorry for those who are still feeling awful. I'm only starting to get over it now but it's very depressing to be still sick this late into the pregnancy.

I'm still exhausted. I'm finding working full time and having a toddler very hard. Any one else struggling with this? I honestly feel that I'm not going to make it to my maternity leave considering I'm only 20 weeks tomorrow. Don't know how I'm going to manage at 30 weeks! It doesn't help that we are currently in the middle of a house build and we're hoping to be moving in the next two months or so :eek:

I hear you Nead! I'm heading for 22 weeks and finding it a lot harder this time around. I'm not building a house but I do have a 15 month old and work full time. I'm struggling with pelvic pain since week 8ish but thankfully the sickness has eased. 38 weeks and mat leave seems ages off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

Sorry to hear about your teeth greenorchard. Insult to injury! :(

I am in the bits. Totally off food, threw up really badly this morning. Any thought of food has my tummy going mad. I honestly don't know what to do.

I'm the same today. I actually went a few days without vomiting but this morning I threw up my breakfast all over the bathroom cos I didn't make it to the toilet in time :( I wanted to cry cos I really thought the vomiting was dying down. Had to go to work then without brushing my teeth as dentist told me not to brush them after vomiting again!

I'm the same today. I actually went a few days without vomiting but this morning I threw up my breakfast all over the bathroom cos I didn't make it to the toilet in time :( I wanted to cry cos I really thought the vomiting was dying down. Had to go to work then without brushing my teeth as dentist told me not to brush them after vomiting again!

Euuuu what awful advice! I don't mean wrong, just awful to deal with. I am lucky that when I vomit it's always an empty or nearly empty tummy. Just acid and retching and retching!! In general I am a lot better, but today is rough. Having my first bit of orange now and cooking some pasta. Fingers crossed!

All worth it in the end! Right? Right? ;)

Booking the gentle birthing workshop today though. OH organised a weekend off work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

Yep also feeling this. 20weeks, working 50+ hours per week and chasing after a 22 month old, who keeps asking to be picked up at the moment for some reason! Really starting to feel it pushing the buggy up hills and picking him up too much-the bump gets all tight and achey.
    Though not sure I could handle the house build as well, you poor thing. Moving house is so stressful.

Also really hope the sickness ends soon for you girls, it's long overdue!

Euuuu what awful advice! I don't mean wrong, just awful to deal with. I am lucky that when I vomit it's always an empty or nearly empty tummy. Just acid and retching and retching!! In general I am a lot better, but today is rough. Having my first bit of orange now and cooking some pasta. Fingers crossed!

All worth it in the end! Right? Right? ;)

Booking the gentle birthing workshop today though. OH organised a weekend off work.

I know, it's pretty manky but dentist said that the main damage is caused when you brush after vomiting cos you're brushing the acids into the enamel. So I just had to pop some mint chewing gum in my mouth & head to work!

Ah great, when are you doing the workshop? I've been listening to the CDs but I keep listening at bedtime & falling asleep during them!

I'm feeling the tiredness but I have the benefit of being able to veg on the couch all evening when I get home from work as no other babies to look after. So it's manageable at the moment

Ah great, when are you doing the workshop? I've been listening to the CDs but I keep listening at bedtime & falling asleep during them!

I'm feeling the tiredness but I have the benefit of being able to veg on the couch all evening when I get home from work as no other babies to look after. So it's manageable at the moment

End of March too. It was the only weekend he could get off. I am not stalking you or anything! Going to pay in full so will hopefully get the CD's in a few days!

I feel really guilty about any moaning when I get reminded of the mums on their second AND working full time. Tell myself to get a grip!! Then again might as well take full advantage, because if I ever have a second (massive IF :)) I won't have the luxury!

End of March too. It was the only weekend he could get off. I am not stalking you or anything! Going to pay in full so will hopefully get the CD's in a few days!

I feel really guilty about any moaning when I get reminded of the mums on their second AND working full time. Tell myself to get a grip!! Then again might as well take full advantage, because if I ever have a second (massive IF :)) I won't have the luxury!

Ah cool are you going to same location as me?

I don't know how I would have managed the last few months if I had any other children to look after! I spend 2.5 hrs a day commuting so it would've been a nightmare, at least my evenings are free to relax when I get home. Def enjoy it while you still can :)

Ah cool are you going to same location as me?

I don't know how I would have managed the last few months if I had any other children to look after! I spend 2.5 hrs a day commuting so it would've been a nightmare, at least my evenings are free to relax when I get home. Def enjoy it while you still can :)

Yep, Blackrock is closest for us too, that's why I wanted to reassure you I wasn't stalking you!!

2.5hours? Holy mackerel. You hero!

• Advertisement

Yep, Blackrock is closest for us too, that's why I wanted to reassure you I wasn't stalking you!!

2.5hours? Holy mackerel. You hero!

Ah it'll actually be nice having someone I know there, even if it's just from the Internet :)

It's 2.5 hrs altogether, as in 1hr 15 each way, but yeah it's tough going, especially the early mornings as that's when I'm at my most sick. I'm already starting to count down til maternity leave!

Ah in fairness don't feel guilty. We all got to enjoy resting in our first pregnancies too so you deserve your turn. Plus I haven't been anywhere near as sick as you or greenorchard which makes it a totally different ball game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I wouldn't feel guilty about moaning!! Pregnancy, whether it's your first or your 10th, is hard!! Especially if you are still suffering from sickness at the halfway mark. My sickness didn't go fully until around 20 weeks last time but each week from about 14 it eased a bit more. This time I had a lot of nausea but only vomited about 10 times. Was mainly empty retching and it went A LOT earlier. Still get the odd bout of nausea if I'm particularly tired or hungry.

With regards the teeth, I was told to rinse my mouth well with water, after vomiting, wait awhile, rinse again and then brush them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Sorry to hear about your teeth Greenford. I had heard before that you shouldn't brush after throwing up , same with drinking fizzy drinks and things like that. I think you have to leave it for an hour.

It's strange that so many are still getting sick. I am sick still but not as often. I seem to get a few good days a week now.

I have a little one to look after too but thank god I'm at home and not working. I worked during my first and it was hard so well done to everyone especially if your doing 50 plus hours (I did that on my first and I was like a zombie :) )

I had put on quite a lot of weight at the beginning. By 12 weeks I had put on 12 pounds but thankfully I stopped gaining weight and I haven't put on any more and I am now 20 weeks and my tummy has rounded alot in the last two so it's kind of levelled out.

I also noticed that I have alot of movement this week. I have been feeling movement since week 11 although some people and things I have read on the Internet say that's not possible but I know what it feels like from the last time. ;)

Any of the second timers feel movement early this time?

Also if its your first, did you feel movement yet? I think on my first I felt it at about 20 weeks.

Yep my dentist said I should rinse with water & then wait an hour before brushing so I'll be careful not to brush straight away again.

Saralee, I think I felt a couple of flutters on Saturday but I couldn't be sure if it was movement or not, it's very hard to tell! I'm 19+3 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nettie1

Saralee4 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your teeth Greenford. I had heard before that you shouldn't brush after throwing up , same with drinking fizzy drinks and things like that. I think you have to leave it for an hour.

It's strange that so many are still getting sick. I am sick still but not as often. I seem to get a few good days a week now.

I have a little one to look after too but thank god I'm at home and not working. I worked during my first and it was hard so well done to everyone especially if your doing 50 plus hours (I did that on my first and I was like a zombie :) )

I had put on quite a lot of weight at the beginning. By 12 weeks I had put on 12 pounds but thankfully I stopped gaining weight and I haven't put on any more and I am now 20 weeks and my tummy has rounded alot in the last two so it's kind of levelled out.

I also noticed that I have alot of movement this week. I have been feeling movement since week 11 although some people and things I have read on the Internet say that's not possible but I know what it feels like from the last time. ;)

Any of the second timers feel movement early this time?

Also if its your first, did you feel movement yet? I think on my first I felt it at about 20 weeks.

Hi All,
    I've been a bit quiet on this forum because I seem to be the only one who isn't sick and I didn't want to rub it in! Sorry ladies!
    I think I've been feeling movement. It's quite high up but someone told me that that's where the nerve endings are so that's where you feel it. Dunno myself but it's a fluttering feeling below my ribs that I've never felt before. I've been having since about week 18, I'm 20 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Jurrrr

Just had a 21 week scan and fund out we are having a little baby girl! The scan pictures were awful but we got some at a private scan at week 19 where we found out the sex then and the pictures are great!

Nettie, don't be worrying about that, I wouldn't wish being sick on anyone!

I thought I felt a couple of flutters on Saturday but last night I felt some definite movement. I was lying on the couch & felt a few flutters over a few minutes & then a rolling sensation which I think may have been the baby doing a somersault! Lovely to be feeling something happening :)

Congrats Jurr, is this your first?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pudner7

Morning ladies.
    I've been feeling movement with the last week too. It started with bubbles but there was definitely light kicks last night. Very exciting.
    Congratulations Jurr. How exciting finding out. I can't wait to find out either. Going to book a private scan once I'm past the 20 weeks.
    I haven't been sick at all either thank god but I do feel so sorry for those of you who are. It must be so hard to just function not to mention get to work.

Aw, feels like I am Paddy Last for feeling any movement! So excited for everyone! The weeks seems to be going fast now, everyone will be over the half way mark in the next 3/4 weeks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Jurrrr

Nettie, don't be worrying about that, I wouldn't wish being sick on anyone!

I thought I felt a couple of flutters on Saturday but last night I felt some definite movement. I was lying on the couch & felt a few flutters over a few minutes & then a rolling sensation which I think may have been the baby doing a somersault! Lovely to be feeling something happening :)

Congrats Jurr, is this your first?

Tis indeed! She can feel herself moving in there since last week, I'm still yet to feel a kick or a punch! Exciting times ahead!

Oh congrats Jurrr. Ive my scan on Friday and cant wait. Clare98 how did you get on? Yours was today wasnt it?

Feeling movement since about week 17. Definitely much earlier than with my first which was about 22 weeks I think.

DrDoc I dont know how you manage 50hours a week. Thats really hectic. You must be super woman underneath :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 clara98

Oh congrats Jurrr. Ive my scan on Friday and cant wait. Clare98 how did you get on? Yours was today wasnt it?

All good at the scan Nead. It's so lovely to be able to see it on the screen again. I had a morning appointment and expected to be out there for ages but I was in, seen and out in less than an hour. It was just the scan,no blood pressure or urine sample checked. Now the countdown is on again for the next 7 weeks. Hope everything goes well for you on Friday and you don't have to much hanging around out there.

Feeling movement since about week 17. Definitely much earlier than with my first which was about 22 weeks I think.

DrDoc I dont know how you manage 50hours a week. Thats really hectic. You must be super woman underneath :-)

Ha far from superwoman!!

Feeling regular movement from about 17 weeks though this ones not nearly as active as the last one so far :)

That's great that everything was good at your scan Clare98, it's a nice relief and exciting too.
    I have mine tomorrow, bit nervous but looking forward to it too.
    Good luck Nead21 on Friday and everyone else with upcoming scans!

Had a GP appointment this morning so got to hear the heartbeat again, lovely! He also prescribed me medication for the sickness, I'm going to try avoid taking it too often, but it's great to finally have something for the very bad days.

Have been feeling more movement too, got a few gentle little pokes on my way home from work yesterday :)

Had a GP appointment this morning so got to hear the heartbeat again, lovely! He also prescribed me medication for the sickness, I'm going to try avoid taking it too often, but it's great to finally have something for the very bad days.

Have been feeling more movement too, got a few gentle little pokes on my way home from work yesterday :)

You could have done with that medication quite a while ago!!!!!

So lovely to have the movements!! Can't wait..

That's great Clare98. Glad it all went well and you were in and out fairly quick. Next 7 weeks will fly by for you.

Drdoc how did you get on?

All good with mine on Friday. Booking, bloods etc were done very quick but was awhile waiting on the scan. We were also ages in the scan as our little pudding was so active. A second woman had to come in to get all the images they needed. Anyway everything was checked twice and looks good. We also got loads of prints which was great. We didnt ask the sex so it's still a surprise. Back again in 4 weeks with gp in between.

Delighted you got on well Nead21 and that you got lots of pictures.
    Thankfully all was well with my scan too other than a low lying placenta which will hopefully have moved up by the recheck scan at 34 weeks.

When are everyone else's 20 week scans?

Drdoc wrote: »
    Delighted you got on well Nead21 and that you got lots of pictures.
    Thankfully all was well with my scan too other than a low lying placenta which will hopefully have moved up by the recheck scan at 34 weeks.

When are everyone else's 20 week scans?

Glad the scans are all going well for you guys, great news. Mine isn't until the 18th. I can't wait. Excited to see Baby as we haven't had a scan since 8 weeks. But also I am find myself worrying quite a bit, which is really unlike me, but it's in the back of my mind and keeps creeping in! Hoping the days fly by!!

• Advertisement

My scan is this Friday, looking forward to it! Also have my first physio antenatal class on Wed morning in the hospital.

Can't believe I've passed the halfway mark, the time is flying!

Advertisement