Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2015 Babies Club

Options
  • 13-11-2014 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Anyone else due July 2015?

Found out last Friday. My period was only due a couple of days ago though so it's still very early days!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Congratulations! I was wondering when the July 2015 was going to appear! Got my BFP last week as well and due the middle of July. This is my second pregnancy and I already have a 1 year old. Early days too but "morning" (all day) sickness has already kicked in. Joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

Congratulations ladies!

I'm also expecting again, due mid July. Feeling nauseous and have heartburn since before my missed period but not too bad yet.

Nead21 if I recall correctly you and I had the same due date for our first. I was a big stalker on the April 2013 thread but never actually posted!

Yeah I think from other posts I thought we had babies the same age alright. My son was due April 22nd but arrived 17th. Due July 14th this time. It's alot different this time with running around after a toddler!

Nead21 wrote: »
    Yeah I think from other posts I thought we had babies the same age alright. My son was due April 22nd but arrived 17th. Due July 14th this time. It's alot different this time with running around after a toddler!

Almost identical! Last one born on April 16th and next due July 13th.
    It's very different alright this time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

Congrats ladies. Going by my last period my doc gave me a due date of the 18th but I have slightly longer cycles than average so I think it's more like the 21st/22nd.

I've had sore boobs since very early on & have period-like pains on and off the last couple of days. No other symptoms yet apart from feeling a bit more tired than usual during the afternoons a couple of days.

Excited but nervous too as it's so early & I know a lot can go wrong at this stage.

• Advertisement

Is this your first greenorchard?

Yeah it's our first so this is all very new to me!
    Only came off the pill in Sept after being on it for the best part of 11 years and started trying properly in Oct so I'm delighted it happened straight away :-) I was a bit worried it might take a long time after coming off the pill.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

Yeah it's our first so this is all very new to me!
    Only came off the pill in Sept after being on it for the best part of 11 years and started trying properly in Oct so I'm delighted it happened straight away :-) I was a bit worried it might take a long time after coming off the pill.

Snap! Came off the pill is Sept too (stopped the night we got married) and spent the first two months trying to avoid getting pregnant, but my body must have been fooling me. Big shock but a brilliant one!! Due on my birthday in July which is really exciting!

So so nervous though as it's my first and there's a strong history of miscarriage in the family. I'm not normally an anxious person (wedding planning was a breeze) so I've surprised myself by how anxious I am. Booked in for an 8 week early pregnancy scan in 2 weeks time so hopefully that will help put me at ease.

Feeling nauseous in the evenings. If I don't go for a run, I find my energy levels go down in the evening too, but running is really helping with the tiredness and nausea. Finding it difficult to sleep though. Kinda like my heart is racing - not sure if this is anxiety or a symptom?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

kkcatlou wrote: »
    Finding it difficult to sleep though. Kinda like my heart is racing - not sure if this is anxiety or a symptom?!

Popping over from the May 2015 thread :) I had this too at the start, and it was anxiety related. I would get it when trying to sleep, when I woke up at night, when I sat and thought for any few minutes :o For me it was really related to me having to keep this secret, it eased a bit with every friend/family member I told, which sounds ridiculous I know but telling them made it more real and made me feel so supported. We didn't tell anyone until 13-15 weeks and knew since 4 weeks so it was a long time to put up with it!

Hopefully it eases for you soon, scans, support from others, etc should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cork044

Hi Everyone,

Im also Due in July with my first. The anxiety is awful. My poor phone is going to blow up from googling every twinge i get...I have booked in for an early scan also. Such an exciting yet scary time.

• Advertisement

I hear ye on the anxiety. I'm really nervous of something going wrong but it does seem to be easing a bit. I spent the first few days with my heart racing & feeling really nervous. Kept thinking that we couldn't be this lucky for it to happen so quick & also stick!

Keeping it secret is tough! Meeting my best friend tonight for what's supposed to be drinks. Reckon she'll see right through my antibiotics excuse. Too early to tell her yet though, maybe in a couple of weeks.

cork044 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Im also Due in July with my first. The anxiety is awful. My poor phone is going to blow up from googling every twinge i get...I have booked in for an early scan also. Such an exciting yet scary time.

Cramps and twinges are completely normal as your body is growing in ways it never has before so needs to make space. I would only check it out if it was very painful, and even then I wouldn't google it, the big rule is Step Away From Google! You'll only scare yourself.

Cramps and twinges are completely normal as your body is growing in ways it never has before so needs to make space. I would only check it out if it was very painful, and even then I wouldn't google it, the big rule is Step Away From Google! You'll only scare yourself.

Yep my doctor told me yesterday that cramps etc are totally normal & you only need to worry if it gets to an extreme level of pain

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

Phew, good to hear I'm not the only one.
    Like you greenorchard, I feel like we are way too lucky for this to stick. Like, I always imagine trying to get pregnant would be a big ordeal, whereas this just happened.

The hiding it in December already has me freaking out.

Any good tips from anyone more experienced?

I think antibiotics are a big see through. And you can only claim to be driving so many times, and it doesn't work when you live in a city! I've already counted 8 big nights between now and Christmas, and we were really hoping not to announce until Christmas Day! We have just told one person on my family and one on his, and one of my friends guessed so I told her! To have them knowing is a massive relief alright! I just feel if I tell the world (and even writing here) it's tempting fate!!

Its so hard not to tell anyone because you just want to get excited but don't want to jinx anything. I also have this feeling like if I cant be so lucky. I would love to just fall asleep and wake up in Jan :) Did anyone here ever have an early scan?

I think the best I've heard so far is tell people you have a drink problem! Just that you feel you need to ease up for a while. Or that you have a wedding in January and know you'll put on weight if you drink and then eat lots over Christmas.

The best thing to do is not tell people you're not drinking, it will just draw attention to it. Get a glass of wine etc and sip on it all night, get your partner/friend who knows to get you just 7up when you ask for vodka & 7up etc. That's what I did, would chat over people to my husband and ask for another vodka pleeease, he'd just get me a 7up in the smaller spirits glass (rather than a pint glass) with some lemon in it, nobody noticed. I also made a big deal of tasting someone else's wine and commenting on how nice it was, the one or two sips is worth it to keep your cover. At the very early stages your baby lives off its yolk sac, it's not really connected to you like later when the placenta goes straight to it.

cork044 I had an early scan, at 8 weeks. It was great, gave me some temporary comfort to see the heart beating and that all looked as it should. They're great, but expensive.

Good tips on the drinking. Our work Christmas party will be the hardest part cos it's always a very boozy affair. Reckon sipping on a glass of wine is the way to go. I may also get some non-alcoholic erdinger but pour it into a glass at the bar before anyone sees it.

Definitely getting an early scan around 8 weeks I'd say. Don't have the patience to wait til 12 weeks & it'll be a big relief if everything's ok at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Just wanted to pop in and congratulate you all! I had our gorgeous little boy in July this year, can't believe it's almost a year to the day when I found out! Enjoy every moment of your pregnancies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭beatrice33

Hi everyone!

I was also waiting for the July thread to appear! Im due on the 2nd of July! This is my second, but my first is 6 yo! We are all really happy. My DS dont know it yet, we will wait until about the 12 week to tell him. He is really looking forward for a brother/sister.

Im going to book into the Coombe. I had DS in Holles st but It was not a nice experience so I want a clean start.

I have also booked the anomaly scan. They take my bloods at 10 weeks and scan at 12 weeks.

Looking forward to share the journey with all you! Congrats to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jodyk

Hi and congrats to all - am due July 17th ish and this is my first baby. Am going private in Rotunda so they booked me for a scan on December 10th when I'll be about 8 weeks - fingers crossed it all goes well cos we plan to tell our families on Xmas day :-)

• Advertisement

Told our parents last night, they're delighted. Made it seem a bit more real, eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

jodyk wrote: »
    Hi and congrats to all - am due July 17th ish and this is my first baby. Am going private in Rotunda so they booked me for a scan on December 10th when I'll be about 8 weeks - fingers crossed it all goes well cos we plan to tell our families on Xmas day :-)

Im the very same date are you :) im going public so my scan wont be until mid jan so I booked a private one for Dec 10th :) cant wait! Fingers crossed for us all xx

jodyk wrote: »

Hi :) welcome! I am due the same date as you! I am going public so wont have my scan till mid jan! Which seems forever away :( anyway i booked a private scan on dec 10th! Worth the money for some peace of mind! Fingers crossed for everyone xx

So six weeks now and the nausea is back with a bang. Think I'd blocked out how bad it was last time but it's all coming back to me now :(
    Anyone else feeling rotten yet?

Yeah awful. Not too bad today but last week was terrible. I seem to feel worse as the day goes on which is really hard in work and then coming home to my little man. I just want to stay in bed! Hopefully it won't last long although I do remember the tiredness lasting alot longer than 12 weeks last time.

Anybodys boobs tenderness change? Mine seem way less sore today! I cant help but worry

Anybodys boobs tenderness change? Mine seem way less sore today! I cant help but worry

It's hard not to worry when symptoms change. My boobs aren't as sore this time but I was worried as today I didn't feel quite as sick last few days.

I think the symptoms change all the time so I'm trying not to worry.

Nead21 wrote: »
    Yeah awful. Not too bad today but last week was terrible. I seem to feel worse as the day goes on which is really hard in work and then coming home to my little man. I just want to stay in bed! Hopefully it won't last long although I do remember the tiredness lasting alot longer than 12 weeks last time.

You're like my twin! That's exactly the same as me. It's very hard to feel up to playing at that stage, never mind getting dinner/housework etc. The nausea stayed with me til about 13 weeks last time so I'm preparing myself for that. Which means no Christmas dinner to enjoy :(

This has never really been an issue for me in that they never really got sore but symptoms can fluctuate up and down so try not worry too much.

• Advertisement

Oh no Christmas dinner. I never thought about that. I'll have to arrange dinner for about 11 in the morning and retire to bed for the rest day!

Advertisement