Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox C4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

Jay is missing tonight, damn he is my favourite non-speaking character on tv

He split up with the daughter so won't be appearing any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

griffin100 wrote:

Nooooooo! !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Has the vicars husband ever actually spoken?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I like the Geordie girl in this show: the one who watches the show with her parents. Some of her one-liners really crack me up.
    "If your ears stick out, then so do your nipples. Your nipples have to be in line with ears, for balance". :D:confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

griffin100 wrote: »

Where did you hear that? I read that he was going to be continuing on the show and I couldn't find anything about it since then. He was on it last week so something else must have been decided since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Has the vicars husband ever actually spoken?

Tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I really can't stand the posh couple from Sandwich anymore.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Tonight?

I must have missed that 2 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Sandra and Sandy seem to be playing up to the cameras a lot more recently and Steph and Dom are becoming ridiculous; she laughs at everything he says, even when it's not funny.

I don't like that vicar; she's all mouth and the husband never gets a look in.

I'm glad the quiet fella is gone from the German family; how can people say they liked him when he said eff all?!

The two oul' lads seem as entertaining as watching paint dry.
    I love Stephen and Chris!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Where did you hear that? I read that he was going to be continuing on the show and I couldn't find anything about it since then. He was on it last week so something else must have been decided since then.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a641191/silent-jay-wont-be-returning-to-gogglebox-after-split.html#~p9OWCrsjB7Idmb

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/the-sound-of-silence#.sqV7DLv7rB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

...once the posh drunks stay on board I'm happy. 95% of TV is best watched under the influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Calling time
    Sandra & Sandy are completely annoying at this stage, what new gizmo will they have this week? They seem to have replaced some random prop for this week’s large Pot Noodle accompaniment, no longer funny.
    Steph & Dom: how potty mouthed can lady Steph be this week and what will they be drinking? Their show with Nigel Farage showed that there is little else to them, off (with) their heads
    The Vicar: tired of listening to her and looking at the dogs arse, defrock please
    Two Old Dudes: no idea how they have lasted this long, they were never interesting. It would be more interesting if the camera was pointed straight at the painting with the ample bosoms above their heads.
    3 student dudes: so boring, they don’t even get a look in some weeks. Pass the bong or something and liven it up

Last orders
    Leon & June: also seem to save stuff up to talk about when they are on camera, beginning to grate on me
    Family with dogs: I don’t think they are very interesting other than what treats will they have on the coffee table this week and wouldn’t miss them if they went. And the dads eye brows need a serious trim
    The couple in the caravan in Hull: didn’t like him initially, he just said very little and made faces when she did but they are getting in to it a bit now
    New older couple: a bit meh so far, let’s see how they develop
    Was there a family with two small kids that popped up briefly this series or did I imagine it?

Cheers
    Siddiqui family: always interesting, never feels forced
    Scarlett Moffat and her parents: she’s a bit dim but funny with it, doesn’t take herself too serious. I like the mam and dad
    The Tappers: always interesting, emotional, despite being there from the start I still like them and want to see them continue
    Steven & Chris: their dynamic has changed since they broke up. I get the sense that Steven was a bit of a dick and Chris is only sticking with him to stay on the show. Ever notice his body language when Steven gets close? Steven is the funniest guy on the show and makes it for me
    The German lad and family: despite losing Jay, the life and soul of any party, they are still interesting

Bring back
    The Michaels: I really liked these and the daughter(s) were hot
    George & Family: good mix, the mother was a bit dim, the dad mostly slept and George was a bit of an eejit

Hope I haven’t left anyone out, if I have you probably belong in the first category

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Calling time
    Sandra & Sandy are completely annoying at this stage, what new gizmo will they have this week? They seem to have replaced some random prop for this week’s large Pot Noodle accompaniment, no longer funny.
    Steph & Dom: how potty mouthed can lady Steph be this week and what will they be drinking? Their show with Nigel Farage showed that there is little else to them, off (with) their heads
    The Vicar: tired of listening to her and looking at the dogs arse, defrock please
    Two Old Dudes: no idea how they have lasted this long, they were never interesting. It would be more interesting if the camera was pointed straight at the painting with the ample bosoms above their heads.
    3 student dudes: so boring, they don’t even get a look in some weeks. Pass the bong or something and liven it up

Last orders
    Leon & June: also seem to save stuff up to talk about when they are on camera, beginning to grate on me
    Family with dogs: I don’t think they are very interesting other bthan what treats will they have on the coffee table this week and wouldn’t miss them if they went. And the dadas eve brows need a serious trim
    The couple in the caravan in Hull: didn’t like him initially, he just said very little and made faces when she did but they are getting in to it a bit now
    Was there a family with two small kids that popped up briefly this series or did I imagine it?

Cheers
    Scarlett Moffat and her parents: she’s a bit dim but funny with it, doesn’t take herself too serious. I like the mam and dad
    The Tappers: always interesting, emotional, despite being there from the start I still like them and want to see them continue
    Steven & Chris: their dynamic has changed since they broke up. I get the sense that Steve was a bit of a dick and Chris is only sticking with him to stay on the show. Ever notice his body language when Steven gets close? Stephen is the funniest guy on the show and makes it for me
    The German lad and family: despite losing Jay, the life and soul of any party, they are still interesting

Bring back
    George & Family: good mix, the mother was a bit dim, the dad mostly slept and George was a bit of an eejit

Hope I haven’t left anyone out, if I have you probably belong in the first category

Stephen, Steve or Steven?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Calling time

Last orders
    Family with dogs: I don’t think they are very interesting other bthan what treats will they have on the coffee table this week and wouldn’t miss them if they went. And the dadas eve brows need a serious trim

Cheers
    Steven & Chris: their dynamic has changed since they broke up. I get the sense that Steve was a bit of a dick and Chris is only sticking with him to stay on the show. Ever notice his body language when Steven gets close? Stephen is the funniest guy on the show and makes it for me

Bring back

Agree with most of this except I do still like Sandy and Sandra and I quite like the northerners with the different sweets/cakes on a plate each week (and ps how many dogs do they actually have does anyone know?!)!

The Siddiqui family are my favourites along with Steve & Chris and the Moffats

I remember a family with young kids all on the one sofa, they were quite posh, lived in Central London I think, they were only on once that I remember and seemed quite dull, haven't seen them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Stephen, Steve or Steven?:p

I started this last week and finished today- fatal error!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The tattoo guy was so weird but funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

The father saying the games of thrones to Harry potter are the same

Son: immediately with disgust "No!...it isnt"

father: with a long pause "sorry "

Brilliant

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I'm still giggling over the cubic meter/rubix cube bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

giles is a good addition. leon & the geordie girl other standouts

The University challenge part was hilarious, had me in stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 elle.en

Giles and Mary are growing on me. As much as I hated the pig killing part, Giles had me cracking up.

"Mary, you won't like this, but you do like a rasher in the morning"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

None this week?

The last one was the last in that series.

My Monday night is ruined :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Don't tell me that it's over now? The Eurovision episode last time was one of the best ones. I was hoping for another one this year. Feck.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

New series starts tonight at 9pm.

Yay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I see the Michaels family have been brought back (the dad mustn't have been elected as a UKIP MP).

Didn't see them commenting on the Syrian refugee segment funnily enough.

No sign of Steph and Dom this episode?

• Advertisement

I see the Michaels family have been brought back (the dad mustn't have been elected as a UKIP MP).
    UKIP flopped, 1 MP in all the UK, glad that daughters back :D

Advertisement