Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gogglebox C4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Just flicked on the repeat there. What's the story about Shannon? A girl who died of cancer aged 19 iirc. Everyone was in tears watching the story. Anyone have an idea what her story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Caught the last five minutes or so, It was about a talented young lad(about 11 or 12) that had cancer who previously had offers from big football clubs like Man U and Villa.

Heartbreaking stuff listening to him and his parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

They're broadcasting a celebrity special tomorrow night (17th) at 9pm as part of the stand up to cancer evening on Channel 4.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a603982/celebrity-gogglebox-trailer-why-is-kathy-burke-self-conscious.html#~oSTWv44GhjeaR2

Some of the famous couch potatoes taking part will be Paul O'Grady teamed with Kathy Burke and Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell and Noel Gallagher all giving their takes on the week's telly.

Should be interesting!

Was bollox.
    Detracted from the show totally.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

yes would have prefererd the usual show, am always interested to see what take away Sandy/ Sandra will be washing down with a super size pot noodle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I watched it last night. Was disappointed to not see much of Steph and Dom. I think they were afraid they were going to be funnier than the 'celebs'

• Advertisement

Sandy and Sandra were on the prievious week watching a program about compulsive cleaners and hoarders. One of them was explaning what OCD was..... "Over Cleaning Disorder"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sandy and Sandra were on the prievious week watching a program about compulsive cleaners and hoarders. One of them was explaning what OCD was..... "Over Cleaning Disorder"

Fell out of this for a while but back into it now.

These two and Dom & Steph still the best by a mile. Great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

When is it back on?

thelad95 wrote: »
    Does that young lad in the German family say anything? Great entertainment though especially the gays and the old people .

He wouldn't be silent jay anymore if he started talking

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

squadro wrote: »
    When is it back on?

Start of March, usually around the 7th.

If your interested TV3 are doing an Irish version of it this month, not sure on the start date.

• Advertisement

Start of March, usually around the 7th.

If your interested TV3 are doing an Irish version of it this month, not sure on the start date.

Yeah, will have a look at tv3 version but I wouldn't have high hopes of it being any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Tv3 version will be cringe for everyone involved. What's the bets they'll only review and discuss tv3 shows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

anna080 wrote: »
    Tv3 version will be cringe for everyone involved. What's the bets they'll only review and discuss tv3 shows

No need to, they already do that on their "news" at 5.30. :)

anna080 wrote: »

This is pretty much a guarantee really.

UFC, Xposé and Vincent Browne to name a few :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

No need to, they already do that on their "news" at 5.30. :)

And Xpose. Nothing else goes on in the world outside the realms of tv3. Don't know why they do this it seems like awful bad form. On The Daily Show they spoke about Red Rock and wished it luck but Xpose & Late Lunch never used to mention Love/Hate.

So are we looking forward to the return of this on C4 this Friday? :)

The Michael family (Greek father) are gone this season, which is a pity because the daughter was a looker!

Ah no, I'll miss her. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Yes I know.

Pretty much anything which involves any of them in other media negates their contract immediately!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Ah brilliant didn't realise it was back this week. Better set it on the sky plus.

Wonder will they introduce a new bunch with that family leaving.. Haven't been a fan of the additions last series

• Advertisement

Didn't know either. Wouldn't miss the vicar lady and husband because of the dogs bollix on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

That dog is hilarious. :D

I love the other family with dogs too. They were a good addition to the last series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

callaway92 wrote: »
    The Michael family (Greek father) are gone this season, which is a pity because the daughter was a looker!

The mother gave one of the funniest one liners when the kids were slagging her off for not being Greek, when she said "well I have had some Greek in me!!"

Classic!

I miss George and his mam, she was hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That dog is hilarious. :D

I love the other family with dogs too. They were a good addition to the last series.
    I loved that family with the living room full of massive dogs, they mustn't have needed central heating. Then in the last ep they added a new puppy and all the other ones were just staring at it.

Back on tonight -Sandy bought Sandra a new bed spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Watching this show for the first time. Mildly addictive in a sort of are these people for real sort of way. Is that Caroline Aherne narrating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Aidric wrote: »
    Watching this show for the first time. Mildly addictive in a sort of are these people for real sort of way. Is that Caroline Aherne narrating?

Yep, and Craig Cash narrates some episodes.

Yeah, her and Dave take turns

• Advertisement

No Dom & Steph today? :(

Ralph (The German Father) is my dark-horse of the show. Very funny guy.

Advertisement