Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gogglebox C4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭antonymin

I was surprised when one half of the outrageously gay couple said "I will be going home tonight, will you be OK?" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

antonymin wrote: »
    I was surprised when one half of the outrageously gay couple said "I will be going home tonight, will you be OK?" :)

I think they split up. Sharing custody of the TV and the Gogglebox contract.

No, I think it's because one of them is always picking at his bare feet and has extremely smelly fingers. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Yes they split up a couple of years back

Yes they split up a couple of years back

That doesn't compute. They were on this evening commenting on recent programmes or am I missing something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

That doesn't compute. They were on this evening commenting on recent programmes or am I missing something?

They split, just continuing with the show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Wow, you're right. I just Googled and found an interview from last year with Attitude magazine. Here's an extrract:

You and Stephen aren’t actually a couple, but you do seem very coupley…
    We were friends years ago, and then we evolved into sort of more like a relationship, so we were actually seeing each other when I got the opportunity of going on Gogglebox. So that’s how Stephen and I got on it. We were actually a couple for the first series! But we decided that we’re better as friends. So second series, we went into it as friends, but I think a lot of followers that watched the first series continued to think that we were a couple. I think that people just assume that, because we’re two gay guys and we’re really close. And him always taking the piss out of me, well, a lot of people do that in relationships, don’t they? But I actually have a boyfriend and so does Stephen.

Wow, you're right. I just Googled and found an interview from last year with Attitude magazine. Here's an extrract:

You and Stephen aren’t actually a couple, but you do seem very coupley…
    We were friends years ago, and then we evolved into sort of more like a relationship, so we were actually seeing each other when I got the opportunity of going on Gogglebox. So that’s how Stephen and I got on it. We were actually a couple for the first series! But we decided that we’re better as friends. So second series, we went into it as friends, but I think a lot of followers that watched the first series continued to think that we were a couple. I think that people just assume that, because we’re two gay guys and we’re really close. And him always taking the piss out of me, well, a lot of people do that in relationships, don’t they? But I actually have a boyfriend and so does Stephen.

OK, problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,811 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Friends can watch tv together too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I must get back into this. I've only seen last Friday's episode for the new season.

Nice to see the Michaels back...for no reason in particular . . . . :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I only saw a bit of it tonight. Were Steph and Dom back???? I didn't see them, and C4 promised us....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭secondattempt

I thought the concept was muck, the low point of Western Civilisation but I've finally seen a couple of episodes and it's really good! Who'd have thought it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I think the genius of the programme is that it shows how much more intelligent you are compared to normal people. :pac:

lertsnim wrote: »
    Friends can watch tv together too.

Really? I didn't know that (!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.harpersbazaar.co.uk/culture-news/news/jamie-dornan-will-star-in-charity-episode-of-gogglebox

Jamie Dornan will be making his Gogglebox debut, appearing in a special episode of the popular Channel 4 series on 9 October.

The Fifty Shades of Grey star will share a sofa with Nick Frost, while in another room, Boy George, Geri Halliwell and Eighties pop star Marilyn will sit together. Miranda Hart will also feature, with viewers seeing her as she watches her on-screen mother Patricia Hodge and her real-life mother Diana Hart.

Tune in to Channel 4 at 9pm on 9 October to watch the 75-minute episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ill be skipping that I think.

Thargor wrote: »
    Ill be skipping that I think.

lest years was the most boring episode of Gogglebox there was

The entire idea of Gogglebox is watching normal people judging the idiot box. When you become a Z lister you lose the right. Now give me George Clooney and David Bowie smoking weed while judging Simon Cowell and we're on for a proper Celeb ep. Or Hilary and Beatle Paul discussing the falling standards in literacy amongst them what read the news.
    Think Big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Pot of tea with the lodger while watching tonight. There was a lot of snorting and spitting of tea with the "Find me a Johnnie" line.

It would take a drunker than usual Steph and Dom to turn the moon landing into a gay space romp. Boing Boing !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Haven't posted here in a while, but getting back into Gogglebox recently. Scarlett has very quickly become my favourite character, her giving out about Jamie Oliver and the goose fat had me in stitches!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Haven't posted here in a while, but getting back into Gogglebox recently. Scarlett has very quickly become my favourite character, her giving out about Jamie Oliver and the goose fat had me in stitches!

At first I didn't like her; I thought she was too try-hard, but I absolutely love her now.
    She's hilarious.

She's great, and I love the way her parents are always laughing with her too, you can tell they have a great relationship :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Scarlett has to be my favorite too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Anyone watching gogglesprogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

It's back next Friday (19th Feb) and.....

The Gilbeys are back!

gogglebox_zpskqijkbxe.jpg

Great stuff thanks, some quality tv ramping up in the next few weeks...

Can't say I've missed them at all to be honest. I'm looking forward to Scarlett though.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

I'm only watching tonight's episode now, did anyone else think that poor Caroline Aherne should of taken the day off! As much as I love her, her hoarse voice was horrible to listen to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

fox_1973 wrote: »
    I'm only watching tonight's episode now, did anyone else think that poor Caroline Aherne should of taken the day off! As much as I love her, her hoarse voice was horrible to listen to

She's recovering from treatment on a lung tumour.

• Advertisement

She had an ultra-rare cancer of the lens or retina or something like that in her eye aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Good episode,some good laugh out laugh moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

razorblunt wrote: »
    She's recovering from treatment on a lung tumour.

Awh somehow I missed anything about that :-( I feel bad now

Good episode,some good laugh out laugh moments.

What's new pussy cat

And

A scary cat hiding in the bushes

Will keep me amused for weeks ahead

Lisha wrote: »
    What's new pussy cat

And

A scary cat hiding in the bushes

Will keep me amused for weeks ahead

Quailty stuff!

I'm watching Gogglebox on +1

Them watching happy valley last week was brilliant. I'm hoping they watch it again this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

fox_1973 wrote: »
    Awh somehow I missed anything about that :-( I feel bad now

Ah to be fair, I don't keep up to date with these things either.
    Wondered what was up so i checked twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Hope they change it around a bit and watch some different programmes or channels

Scarlett Moffat has a younger sister! Who also is more copped on than her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 footcandles

theres an Irish version coming this year I hear. should be interesting

theres an Irish version coming this year I hear. should be interesting

Could be a hit for TV3 there's plenty of programmes on RTE to make fun of. Maybe they'll watch Googlebox UK and vice versa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Hope they change it around a bit and watch some different programmes or channels

The shows are getting repetitive - Mastermind, University Challenge, Antiques Roadshow show up a lot.

iseegirls wrote: »
    The shows are getting repetitive - Mastermind, University Challenge, Antiques Roadshow show up a lot.
    They've done First Dates enough times to warrant something new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,811 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Could be a hit for TV3 there's plenty of programmes on RTE to make fun of. Maybe they'll watch Googlebox UK and vice versa.

There wouldn't be a shortage of crap on TV3 either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Scarlett's on Celebrity First Dates on Channel 4 right now.

• Advertisement

Scarlett's on Celebrity First Dates on Channel 4 right now.

She better than Preston anyway.

amazes me how the Gogglesprogs seem to know very little about their own monarchy, don't they learn about it in school?

very funny when they thought that someone saying "I'm a Cancer", said "I have cancer", they were so concerned, at least they seem to know very little about astrology nonsense also

Have they done a tribute to Caroline Aherne yet? seems apropiate that'd they would at some stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Gogglebox Brexit special on August 3rd. Judging by the trailers, it looks like Scarlett has bought into the emaciated celebrity look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Gogglebox Brexit special on August 3rd. Judging by the trailers, it looks like Scarlett has bought into the emaciated celebrity look.

Loosing weight when overweight isn't being emaciated it's healthy

• Advertisement
Advertisement