Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox C4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

theres an Irish version coming this year I hear. should be interesting

Could be a hit for TV3 there's plenty of programmes on RTE to make fun of. Maybe they'll watch Googlebox UK and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Hope they change it around a bit and watch some different programmes or channels

The shows are getting repetitive - Mastermind, University Challenge, Antiques Roadshow show up a lot.

iseegirls wrote: »
    The shows are getting repetitive - Mastermind, University Challenge, Antiques Roadshow show up a lot.
    They've done First Dates enough times to warrant something new

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Could be a hit for TV3 there's plenty of programmes on RTE to make fun of. Maybe they'll watch Googlebox UK and vice versa.

There wouldn't be a shortage of crap on TV3 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Scarlett's on Celebrity First Dates on Channel 4 right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Scarlett's on Celebrity First Dates on Channel 4 right now.

She better than Preston anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

amazes me how the Gogglesprogs seem to know very little about their own monarchy, don't they learn about it in school?

very funny when they thought that someone saying "I'm a Cancer", said "I have cancer", they were so concerned, at least they seem to know very little about astrology nonsense also

Have they done a tribute to Caroline Aherne yet? seems apropiate that'd they would at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Gogglebox Brexit special on August 3rd. Judging by the trailers, it looks like Scarlett has bought into the emaciated celebrity look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Gogglebox Brexit special on August 3rd. Judging by the trailers, it looks like Scarlett has bought into the emaciated celebrity look.

Loosing weight when overweight isn't being emaciated it's healthy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Wasnt very good tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Wasnt very good tonight!

Usually watch it, turned it off after 10 minutes

fox_1973 wrote: »
    Usually watch it, turned it off after 10 minutes
    I only just saw the last 5mins they dedicated the episode to Carloine Ahern at the end credits and played out to the Royle Family theme song which was nice

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Absolutely love Gogglebox as a show, but it can be a pretty depressing watch when politics is brought into it - some serious half baked opinions get flung about.

Aside from Leon of course. Who correctly labelled Nigel Farage as a wanker.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Hmm, I thought it was very good tonight. Not as funny as usual, but very interesting nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

It actually made me think when watching it last night that the politicians in this country are no better and no worse than those across the Irish Sea

EDIT: Nice simple tribute to Caroline Aherne at the end too. When I hear Half the World Away I'll always think of Denise in the Royle Family and a smile will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Leon Bernicoff has died RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Leon Bernicoff has died RIP

they were my favourite couple, she'll be lost without him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

R.I.P Leon.

Legend.

Another celeb version tonight for Stand Up To Cancer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Another celeb version tonight for Stand Up To Cancer
    It was funny...and sad.

Celeb Version starting Friday June 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 31,852 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Loved the Xmas gogglesprogs!
    Very heartwarming especially the doc about the racing car driver losing his legs

The Tapper family have coronavirus, the dad very ill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

The Tapper family have coronavirus, the dad very ill

Haven't seen them on it in a while, hope they'll be ok?

Big twitter storm (well small twitter storm) giving out about the 2 sisters in Leeds, saying they shouldn't be broadcasting from their living room. People tagging the police and all reporting them.

They have moved in together and the program said all participants had observed the guidelines.

Where was she for the last few weeks if she moved in? They are incredibly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

lertsnim wrote: »
    Where was she for the last few weeks if she moved in? They are incredibly annoying.

The blonde one moved in with the dark haired one.

Right so she moved in with her sister after the lockdown so ignored guidelines. She was filming with her boyfriend the week before last.

Celebrity Gogglebox USA is on E4 on 13th May 2020 at 9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

June, of Leon and June fame has passed away. Aged 82,they were always great fun to watch and seemed like lovely people. RIP.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Advertisement