Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast & Furious 7

Options

Comments

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Grand, so your "No they have not" bit was bollox. I agree it does look like mates making a movie and that last scene must have been horrible to make.

No it wasn't, the cast of Fast and Furious only really came together starting with part 4 and it was with part 5 that the ensemble really came into it's own. To say that they have had seven film together simply isn't true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I loved how the film kind of turned Dwayne Johnson into a
    Chekhov's Gun to bring out for the finale.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,173 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bit disappointed.

Didn't have the fun feeling the last two had and felt the scenes between the big action set pieces were only there to fill some time, felt like there was little effort put into them. Way behind 5, weaker than 6 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Talk of big group cast is all well and off but where were the two other Dominican dudes?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,326 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Talk of big group cast is all well and off but where were the two other Dominican dudes?

They weren't in the last one either.

• Advertisement

The only thing I really missed in this movie was Han & Gisele. Such a great couple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

So with an 8th movie definitely happening
    do you reckon Paul walker wont be mentioned at all and he's just out of the group and living his life with Mia and kids.
    I assume Jordana Brewster wont be in fast 8 either

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Just back from it, and I liked. Preferred 5 and 6 but it's still good.

Watching it though, I couldn't help but feel that it'd be better with a different director. Would love to see someone like Gareth Evans on it. A lot of the fight scenes were kind of blurry. Raid 2 even had a better car chase.

It's good, but it could be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Liked the tribute at the end but the movie itself was pretty average for the series. It really peaked at Fast Five. Some of the scenes looked completely out of place. It felt like three small movies thrown together for kicks; a revenge film, an action terrorist film and a heist movie all combined. Took me out of it all.

Why were there two "villains?" The whole reason I was pumped for this was the revenge Shaw angle and then it was diluted with helicopter chases to stop tech I didn't care about. Just too cluttered. Still, I did enjoy a lot of the action and there were some good laughs. It's going 5th of my ranking in the series I'd say. Sandwiched between 6 and 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

i REALLY LIKED it knowing it was paul walkers last movie.
    it was kind of ruined with some young one on her phone Facebook chatting the whole way through the movie

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    i REALLY LIKED it knowing it was paul walkers last movie.
    it was kind of ruined with some young one on her phone Facebook chatting the whole way through the movie

Actually, something like this happened to me. There were people (not all kids) taking selfies at the start or texting away and chatting online. Seriously, who takes a selfie IN the cinema? Can't understand that. Drove me bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

Actually, something like this happened to me. There were people (not all kids) taking selfies at the start or texting away and chatting online. Seriously, who takes a selfie IN the cinema? Can't understand that. Drove me bananas.

she was also using shazam when a song would come on. Cinema should have signal blocker to stop people using phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

e_e wrote: »
    The only thing I really missed in this movie was Han & Gisele. Such a great couple.

If I had to pull the film up about two things one was with Hans
    The way they killed his character off was really a throw off and didn't sit comfortably with me could have made this stronger
    also once again the misuse of The Rock once again is mind blogging, he should be having a bigger role in these films, some of his one liners are fantastic. Ronda Rousey and Tony Jaa were wasted too to be fair.

But overall I never stopped laughing at how OTT the film was and it was great :). Tyrese Gibson and Ludacris are a great comedy duo and anytime they are on screen the film is a lot of fun. Vin Diesal is a great action lead and Jason Statham (although a little wasted in parts) is a very good villain. I couldn't stop laughing at some of the OTT scenes, you swear it was a comedy
    Cars flying from aeroplanes, Cars driving through buildings, The Rock blowing a Car Park to pieces with one of the biggest guns I ever seen and Two cars crashing together at full speed and Diesal and Statham walking out unscathed
    . You can't take anything serious form this film but you can't help but love it. Plus Kurt Russell was great in a small cameo.

I had to give the film credit for a actually touching ending and it gave Paul Walker a lovely send off.

So with an 8th movie definitely happening
    do you reckon Paul walker wont be mentioned at all and he's just out of the group and living his life with Mia and kids.
    I assume Jordana Brewster wont be in fast 8 either

I think
    its pretty much settled that Walker's character and Mia is heading off for pastures new and the whole film was about this been his final gig with the group. I'm happy they didn't kill Walker's character off. So I say its Jordana's last film in the series too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

One thing that annoyed me was how suddenly the whole crew are 5th dan in kickboxing, even ludicrous was pulling some Jackie Chan moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Ludicrous to the extreme. If you liked the others you will likely love this, otherwise it will be as awful as it gets.

Looper007 wrote: »
    If I had to pull the film up about two things one was with Hans
    The way they killed his character off was really a throw off and didn't sit comfortably with me could have made this stronger

But overall I never stopped laughing at how OTT the film was and it was great :).

In fairness about Han,
    his death was mostly featured in Tokyo Drift, where he had a bigger role than any other film, and it was shown again in the end credits scene of Fast 6. We didn't really need to see it again in this film.

But I agree about how OTT the film was but how great it was. The Rock
    flexing his muscle to break his arm cast was brilliant especially

I was smiling so much in every scene with Hobbs, such an absurd character but so so brilliant for this series and played perfectly by Dwayne Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Just out from watching this, ridiculous but loved it. The tribute to Paul at the end broke me, cried like a baby. Heart breaking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

e_e wrote: »
    I was smiling so much in every scene with Hobbs, such an absurd character but so so brilliant for this series and played perfectly by Dwayne Johnson.

It is a shame he has much less screen time than in 5 and 6.

• Advertisement

JustTheOne wrote: »
    One thing that annoyed me was how suddenly the whole crew are 5th dan in kickboxing, even ludicrous was pulling some Jackie Chan moves.

Gives me hope that I'll suddenly develop mastery of the martial arts myself without any prior experience. Please...don't take my Hollywood dreams away from me with logic. It has no place in this thread :)

"Everybody's kung-fu fightin' de dah duh duh duh duh dah"

It is a shame he has much less screen time than in 5 and 6.

I think it was supposed to be even less. He was scheduled to do Hercules at the same time F&F7 was shooting, so he was only going to be in a few small scenes
    likely just the start fight and hospital scene
    . But when filming was put back after Paul Walkers death he was available for filming.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No surprise it looks to be on it's way to becoming Universal first $1 billion dollar baby

• Registered Users Posts: 15,686 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Went and seen this yesterday and yes it is a bit ridiculous but I would still watch it again. I do think that 6 is the best film of the lot. 5 was overrated. The bit at the end in this film do was very nice and a nice send of for Paul Walker I cried too. I was thinking along the film do that they were gona just kill him off somewhere am glad they did not do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I LOVED it.

dumb as hell but GLORIOUSLY so. honestly couldnt stop smiling the whole way through the film and the send off for walker character was beautifully poignant in how well it doubled for a farewell to the actor.

really cant say anthing more.

the very definition of what a popcorn muncher should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Man that was so awesome. Exactly what I wanted in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The ridiculous tone was established about 1 minute into the film. You knew very quickly if this film was going to be your cup of tea or not. If the 6 previous films didnt hammer that point home! :D

They handled the death of Paul Walker better than I could have imagined and the whole film, not just the ending, turned out to be a very fitting tribute to his life.
    I was very surprised to read that pretty much from from Abu Dhabi onwards, its stunt doubles, his brothers, cgi and everything else in between to get the job done

Dempsey wrote: »
    They handled the death of Paul Walker better than I could have imagined and the whole film, not just the ending, turned out to be a very fitting tribute to his life.
    I was very surprised to read that pretty much from from Abu Dhabi onwards, its stunt doubles, his brothers, cgi and everything else in between to get the job done

I think you could notice it a little by
    the time the fight with Tony Jaa in the factory and street battle, you could notice cause they kept the camera as far away as possible. But I didn't know that Abu Dhabi was all CGI.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I liked it alot better than the last one , some of the mad moments were genuinely nuts where as i found the last few films tried to pass those off as realistic , this movie seemed a lot more self aware of it's ridiculous moments

Loved the 6 minute Teaser of Mad Max too at the start

• Advertisement

I liked it alot better than the last one , some of the mad moments were genuinely nuts where as i found the last few films tried to pass those off as realistic , this movie seemed a lot more self aware of it's ridiculous moments

Loved the 6 minute Teaser of Mad Max too at the start

I think that the series stopped trying to be the least bit realistic around the fifth film and really took a step back from reality during part 6

Advertisement