Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast & Furious 7

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

As long as they are making a billion dollars a movie this will go on forever. why would they stop?, the only purpose for it is to make loads of cash its not done for any artisitic reason. Each new generation of 12 and 13 year olds will prop the ratings up and buy the merchandise. My prediction for Fast and the Furious 20 is it somewhere in space after earth runs out of road.

Getting way ahead of ourselves there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

My prediction for Fast and the Furious 20 is it somewhere in space after earth runs out of road.

pow71.0.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Have to say, this song has seriously grown on me. For someone who never had must interest in the franchise until Furious Five onwards, and never considered Paul Walker up to much, Furious 7 really hit me.

It's a testament to how powerful the final scene was and how well the film crafted a sense of family. You can make fun of it as much as you want, but what it does, it does exceptionally well, and there are innumerable franchises that could take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I was genuinely surprised at how well they dealt with it. As good a eulogy you'll ever see yet seamlessly in tune with the film

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Furious 8 has a release date.

The latest entry in Universal's blockbuster action franchise has been dated for April 14, 2017, the studio said in its presentation at CinemaCon in Las Vegas.

"We're going to make the best movie you've ever seen," said Vin Diesel when announcing the news.

The seventh entry in the franchise has already broken box office records worldwide, nabbing more than $1.1 billion globally so far.

During a presentation on Thursday, Universal also revealed that the Fifty Shades of Grey sequels will hit theaters in Feb. 2017 and 2018.

More to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

OU812 wrote: »
    Furious 8 has a release date.

The latest entry in Universal's blockbuster action franchise has been dated for April 14, 2017, the studio said in its presentation at CinemaCon in Las Vegas.

"We're going to make the best movie you've ever seen," said Vin Diesel when announcing the news.

The seventh entry in the franchise has already broken box office records worldwide, nabbing more than $1.1 billion globally so far.

During a presentation on Thursday, Universal also revealed that the Fifty Shades of Grey sequels will hit theaters in Feb. 2017 and 2018.

More to come.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Er....all you did was quote him. I think you missed the point of the FYP joke. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Watched this last night. Quite liked 5 & 6 but thought this was poor in comparison. I know story is never high on their list of priorities but they didn't even try in this one.

Not enough Hobbs either

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Watched it this evening. I thought this one was really good.

From a non-car-tech point of view, it came across as a really good and fun action movie.

and how they handled the ending was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

Kirby wrote: »
    Quote him. I missed the point of the FYP joke. :P

FYP

• Advertisement

Went to an afternoon showing of this yesterday and had more fun in a theater than I have had since part 6. Fast 7 is an unashamed slice of fun that's interested in telling a simple and effective story that exists so as to string together a series of the most incredible and breathtaking set pieces since the last entry in the series. And best of all the chemistry between the cast is based on genuine affection for one another so there's actual stakes in play and I've said it before but, I would happily watch a Fast & Furious film where the cast simply sat around a table and talked. Some of the best moments were not the cars falling from planes (which they did for real) or The Rock taking out a drone or that jaw dropping convoy attack but rather the small moments where the cast conversed.

Even something like the Corona scene wasn't groan inducing but rather a nice throw back to the earlier films. The entire film felt like it was made for the fans but it never felt like fan service, while ensemble films such as The Avengers exists to appease fans they do so in the blandest and least interesting way possible. There's no real spark to The Avengers, it all feels so rote and familiar which is where Fast & Furious stands out. Everything here is for the fans but it never fells like a film going through the motions and honestly, if the Oscar's recognized ensemble performances (which is should) then the Fast & Furious 7 cast would be front runners.

Fast & Furious 7 is the kind of good honest fun that we so little off, it's a big film that shines during the smaller human ones and features a genuinely touching final shot that is the perfect send off to Paul Walker. It's rare that I see a film in the cinema and contemplate seeing again before it leaves but this is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Went to an afternoon showing of this yesterday and had more fun in a theater than I have had since part 6. Fast 7 is an unashamed slice of fun that's interested in telling a simple and effective story that exists so as to string together a series of the most incredible and breathtaking set pieces since the last entry in the series. And best of all the chemistry between the cast is based on genuine affection for one another so there's actual stakes in play and I've said it before but, I would happily watch a Fast & Furious film where the cast simply sat around a table and talked. Some of the best moments were not the cars falling from planes (which they did for real) or The Rock taking out a drone or that jaw dropping convoy attack but rather the small moments where the cast conversed.

Even something like the Corona scene wasn't groan inducing but rather a nice throw back to the earlier films. The entire film felt like it was made for the fans but it never felt like fan service, while ensemble films such as The Avengers exists to appease fans they do so in the blandest and least interesting way possible. There's no real spark to The Avengers, it all feels so rote and familiar which is where Fast & Furious stands out. Everything here is for the fans but it never fells like a film going through the motions and honestly, if the Oscar's recognized ensemble performances (which is should) then the Fast & Furious 7 cast would be front runners.

Fast & Furious 7 is the kind of good honest fun that we so little off, it's a big film that shines during the smaller human ones and features a genuinely touching final shot that is the perfect send off to Paul Walker. It's rare that I see a film in the cinema and contemplate seeing again before it leaves but this is one of them.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

My first time seeing any of these movies, and tbh wasnt bad, good stunts and effects and the music was nicely slipped in in parts but still very predictable imho, no real surprises from what I was expecting really
    The ending to this one though was very well done though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just saw it tonight. Loved it.

As already said, the tribute to Paul Walker at the end was extremely well done and a nice send off from characters to character, as well as to an actor from his friends and colleagues.

Loved the comedy bits with Roman, and Hobbs was great for the little he was really in it. I did think Statham was somewhat underused though for a big name actor playing the main villain
    but they've left their options open there anyway.

Letty getting her memory back was probably inevitable but her and Dom being married caught me by surprise. Was also surprised that Sean from Tokyo Drift wasn't in it more after them going to the trouble of getting the actor back.

All in all a solid entry in the series and I'm already looking forward to the next one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Just saw it tonight. Loved it.

As already said, the tribute to Paul Walker at the end was extremely well done and a nice send off from characters to character, as well as to an actor from his friends and colleagues.

Loved the comedy bits with Roman, and Hobbs was great for the little he was really in it. I did think Statham was somewhat underused though for a big name actor playing the main villain
    but they've left their options open there anyway.

Letty getting her memory back was probably inevitable but her and Dom being married caught me by surprise. Was also surprised that Sean from Tokyo Drift wasn't in it more after them going to the trouble of getting the actor back.

All in all a solid entry in the series and I'm already looking forward to the next one :)

Dom and Letty being married surprised me too considering Dom left Letty while in DR in F&F4 to protect her hence her returning to clear his name and being "killed"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Finally got around to seeing it tonight. Ridiculously entertaining. I mean the dialogue wasn't it's strong point but it was a lot of fun. Looking forward to the next one already.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I was on a business trip and tired from tedious meetings about meetings. Fired this up on the laptop and it made my day. I was smiling throughout it was so entertaining. Absolutely ridiculous but so much fun.
    Nice ending for Paul too.

I loved the last one but this easily topped it.
    Its a great franchise and has a couple of more movies in it yet.
    Great addition of Kurt Russell too he's one cool mofo.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭colosus1908

just watched a music video.. wizkalifa, with clips feauturing paul walker..so emotional

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

just watched a music video.. wizkalifa, with clips feauturing paul walker..so emotional

Just watched the whole movie again tonight and I admit it, I got a bit misty-eyed during the final sequence - again! :( Very very well done.

Advertisement