Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast & Furious 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Once again the problem here is people going into a film (franchise) like this expecting "War and Peace" or something.

I think the producers have done extremely well weaving them all together - particularly the last 2/3. Yes the focus has changed from street racing but it's all the better for it IMO.

So what if there's a ridiculous amount of gear changes, or crazy stunts - I for one am sick of these "ultra realistic" gritty films with emotionally broken/damaged characters that stuff like BSG 2003 made so popular.
    I'm not saying these type of films don't have their place, and I enjoy them as well, but it's like "prequels" a few years ago and now "reboots".. enough is enough!

The Fast and Furious series deliver exactly what they promise IMO. 2 hours of action, comedy and cars - but they've also woven in a really nice thread of family and loyalty that today's movie cynic no doubt considers "lame" but which I personally think is a nice throwback to an earlier era of cinema.

So with that in mind, roll on #7 :)

(Oh and #2 isn't that bad! :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Kaiser2000 wrote: »

(Oh and #2 isn't that bad! :))

It really is

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It really is

Yeah it's the worst one tbh, I even liked Tokyo Drift but that was more to do with the setting than anything else. I can barely remember the 4th one, 5 is the best imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,045 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Finally Lucas Black has signed on for 7 - and 8 and 9!

Happy days - 7 would have been missing something without him, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

8 +9 = YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When are they going to sign Lucas Black up for this? Surely they can't do it without him!

http://www.slashfilm.com/tokyo-drift-star-lucas-black-returns-for-fast-and-furious-films-7-8-and-9/

Lucas Black, the actor who played the lead character Sean in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, will reprise his role in James Wan‘s Fast and Furious 7. But that’s not all. His contract installs him as a new series regular and he’ll be back for not only the 2014 installment, but at least two more after that.

:cool:

GOT and Hollyoaks actress joins

She will be sharing scenes with Vin Diesel, Chris Bridges, Tyrese Gibson and Michelle Rodriguez

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Im really looking forward to seeing how they use Jaa in this....

Personally id prefer to see him as a new part of Sean's crew so the could set up a Statham/Jaa fight rather than him being another goon.....

Obviously they will want to showcase his abilities and I dont think say vs Rock would be as good

Is this at the midway filming stage?

I assume with Paul Walker's death (RIP) Brian will be a victim of Statham's character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I assume with Paul Walker's death (RIP) Brian will be a victim of Statham's character

Hopefully they've most of it shot at this stage.
    Horrible to see him go. I've grown up with the franchise!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

One of the stories I read today said they were only halfway through filming alright.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Han, already is, as it takes up from Tokyo Drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Paul Walker: Fast and Furious 7 to continue without star
    Following the death of Paul Walker in a car accident, production will continue on the film he was starring in, Fast and Furious 7

Walker was due to return to the film set in Atlanta, with fellow cast members Vin Deisel and Dwayne Johnson, the next day to resume shooting. However, James Wan, the film's director and executives from Universal Studios held a conference call on Sunday morning to discuss how they would continue with Fast and Furious 7 in a way which would be respectful to Walker's death. According to The Hollywood Reporter, filming may begin again on Monday or Tuesday.

Walker was playing Brian O'Conner, a former criminal-turned-policeman, in Fast and Furious 7, a character he had portrayed in the previous six Fast and Furious films. Although most of the filming had taken place for the film, the cast and crew were set to finish off shooting in Abu Dhabi in January.

Full article

I can see them having his character killed off in the movie and then have Lucas Black step up to be Vin's right hand man.

Han, already is, as it takes up from Tokyo Drift.

I forgot about that, they've done a good job of trying everything in chronologically. I guess Diesel goes off to Tokyo to get revenge for Han as he's shown in the end of Tokyo Drift and Walker was off doing something else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

krudler wrote: »
    I forgot about that, they've done a good job of trying everything in chronologically. I guess Diesel goes off to Tokyo to get revenge for Han as he's shown in the end of Tokyo Drift and Walker was off doing something else.

Yeah, the third'un did seem very loose in the series, with someone who was meant to be dead, being the only character to continue on from it. (Other than Toretto's cameo). Wouldn't mind seeing how that young fella is to progress in the series, expect him to take on a bigger role in the squad now, as his character has always had something to prove, this'll undoubtly leave room for him to step up further.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭budgemook

Yeah, the third'un did seem very loose in the series, with someone who was meant to be dead, being the only character to continue on from it. (Other than Toretto's cameo). Wouldn't mind seeing how that young fella is to progress in the series, expect him to take on a bigger role in the squad now, as his character has always had something to prove, this'll undoubtly leave room for him to step up further.

The actor playing the young fella just turned 31. But yeah, 18 in the movie I think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

There stopping production indefinitely according to sky news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I've read that 2/3rds of the film has been shot mainly the middle and end sections and not the beginning parts putting the film in a position were it could be scrapped and another film made if its not too costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,045 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

In the telegraph article...

"Walker was playing Brian O'Conner, a former criminal-turned-policeman, in Fast and Furious 7"

Small thing, i suppose, but it annoys me.

He isn't a former criminal-turned-policeman.

He was a policeman who turned criminal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

In the telegraph article...

"Walker was playing Brian O'Conner, a former criminal-turned-policeman, in Fast and Furious 7"

Small thing, i suppose, but it annoys me.

He isn't a former criminal-turned-policeman.

He was a policeman who turned criminal.

Did he not do stints in jail for stealing cars priar to becomming a cop?
    I thought that's how him and ramone new each other?

So he's an ex criminal turned cop turned criminal turned cop turned criminal?

Scortho wrote: »
    Did he not do stints in jail for stealing cars priar to becomming a cop?
    I thought that's how him and ramone new each other?

So he's an ex criminal turned cop turned criminal turned cop turned criminal?

Wouldn't having jail time for grand theft somewhat impede someone's application to join the police force as well?

I wonder if they'll do a "The Crow" on it and use what they have, but bring in a body double to film some of the other scenes?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I wonder if they'll do a "The Crow" on it and use what they have, but bring in a body double to film some of the other scenes?

That would be the logical choice but I think they would be afraid of the faux outrage brigade claiming it would be disrespectful to his memory and other such rubbish.

I think they will just scrap large parts of the movie and reshoot it. Expensive, but this franchise is guaranteed money so they know they will make it back.

I know that one of the ideas suggested but quickly abandoned was using a stand in and CGI to put Walker in the scenes they needed.

The problem they have is that many of the set pieces, including many of big final moments are already in the can and as such they can't work around Walker. I can't see them scrapping what they've shot as I imagine that they want to keep as much of Walker in there as possible as this is will be his final film and I know that James Wan wants to do right by him.

A lot of people have been calling the whole thing a disrespectful and in poor taste but they need to get back shooting sooner rather than later. Every down day is costing hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars.

Is this just a new thing? When Heath Ledger died, I can't remember them calling for the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus to be cancelled. And my memory is vague, but I don't think they called for the Crow to be cancelled either. Is it just that it's a car movie and Paul Walker died in a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I have to say I think the body double and cgi option sounds the most respectful as it leave all of his work-to-date this in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

For feck sake, they did it to Oliver Reed and there was no uproar about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Paul Walker Fast & Furious 7 Role May Be Completed By Stuntman Brother Cody
    The creators of Fast & Furious 7 have said they may use Paul Walker's brother Cody to finish the deceased actor's scenes in the upcoming movie that is currently on halt.

Walker tragically died in a car accident two weeks after leaving a benefit event. The cast was on a short break from shooting and was originally scheduled to begin again the following day, but with Walker's untimely death, production has been plunged into limbo.

Producers had a string of meetings right after Paul's death. They soon realized they needed someone who looked like Paul to finish the movie and that's when they approached his nearly identical brother, Cody," a source told Mail Online. "They can shoot Cody from behind and at distance and if it's a shot they need Paul's face in close up they can CGI it later on. If Cody agrees it's because he wants to honor his brother's memory. There are many details that still need to be worked out, but right now the family and cast and crew are all still grieving."

Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

The most logical way they could do it would be to have hime die in the film in a car bomb but that would be bad taste considering the real life tragedy.

Advertisement