Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast & Furious 7

Options
  • 22-05-2013 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2820852/?ref_=sr_6

Not sure if there is a thread already for this (I did search and could not find one) but since it is coming out next summer l said why not start a thread :D

One the + side its pretty well set up from 6, but on the negative side James Wan is directing!!! Huge SaW fan, but I don't know how he will do coming from Horror to Action...... :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Justin Lin would be directing this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Justin Lin would be directing this

Even further to that, I though the studio would be putting major pressure on him considering how much of a money maker the series has become for them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 victorpaul1

I have watched it's all earlier version and happy to hear that Fast & Furious 7 is also ready to released in 2014. I'm really excited from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Are they not all getting a bit old for the boy racer thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Goldstein wrote: »
    Are they not all getting a bit old for the boy racer thing?

It moved away from the boy racer culture a few movies back now its more about straight action and heists involving cars, and it's all the better for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Each Fast and Furious sequel is another nail in the coffin of quality cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Even further to that, I though the studio would be putting major pressure on him considering how much of a money maker the series has become for them :confused:

I'd say that if anything, that's why he left.

Each Fast and Furious sequel is another nail in the coffin of quality cinema.

Not really, they've gotten better instead of worse, its a fun franchise, the only bad one is the 2nd. total guilty pleasure movies, popcorn entertainment and knows exactly what it is.

krudler wrote: »
    Not really, they've gotten better instead of worse, its a fun franchise, the only bad one is the 2nd. total guilty pleasure movies, popcorn entertainment and knows exactly what it is.

They're all awful. Admittedly the sixth one wasnt as bad as the fifth one but that's like saying you'd prefer one kick in the balls instead of two.
    When studios see how much this crap makes it leaves them more inclined to keep commissioning identikit sequels and spin offs rather than taking a risk with new or original ideas.

They're all awful. Admittedly the sixth one wasnt as bad as the fifth one but that's like saying you'd prefer one kick in the balls instead of two.
    When studios see how much this crap makes it leaves them more inclined to keep commissioning identikit sequels and spin offs rather than taking a risk with new or original ideas.

they're all awful but you still watched the six of them? ok then.

• Advertisement

they're all awful but you still watched the six of them? ok then.

I review films as part of my job. I have seen a lot of things I wish I could unsee. Twilight, Fast Girls and New Year's Eve all come to mind. Fast and Furious is right up there with them.
    Plus, I love cinema. I'd probably go see them anyway. I'd never judge a film without seeing it. I dont work for The Sun.

Fast & Furious 6 has been the best blockbuster of the year for me so far, it has been a run(a)way success :P

Fast & Furious 6 has been the best blockbuster of the year for me so far, it has been a run(a)way success :P

Hell of a long runway too. if I recall correctly that scene went on for about 15 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Majority of them were pretty dire, but 5 and 6 were pretty good surprisingly enough (for what they were).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Hell of a long runway too. if I recall correctly that scene went on for about 15 minutes.

Yeh I think they worked it out at around 28 miles...why stop there though? Why not talk about Toretto jumping out of a moving car, over the gap in a bridge, grabbing Letty mid air and saving her from her death? Of course these are ridiculous scenarios, but that's what this series has been about.

Fast & Furious has never been about realism. It's a turbo-charged action movie with over the top stunts and sequences, something it has done very well in this latest installment. I read a review online and I think this line sums it up nicely;
    Ludicrous, but undeniably fun and surprisingly affectionate, this is really all you could ask of a car crash movie, and more.

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Yeh I think they worked it out at around 28 miles...why stop there though? Why not talk about Toretto jumping out of a moving car, over the gap in a bridge, grabbing Letty mid air and saving her from her death? Of course these are ridiculous scenarios, but that's what this series has been about.

Fast & Furious has never been about realism. It's a turbo-charged action movie with over the top stunts and sequences, something it has done very well in this latest installment. I read a review online and I think this line sums it up nicely;

That's why I like the series, its unashamedly silly and isnt po-faced about how ludicrous the scenarios and action scenes are, production wise they have a good mix of real world action and CGI enhanceded stunts where necessary so long as the old school approach to stunts remains I'll keep watching them. They've done a good job of tying every movie into each other as well even the nothing-to-do-with-the-others third movie, how many other franchises heading into the 7th film can say the same?

That's why I like the series, its unashamedly silly and isnt po-faced about how ludicrous the scenarios and action scenes are, production wise they have a good mix of real world action and CGI enhanceded stunts where necessary so long as the old school approach to stunts remains I'll keep watching them. They've done a good job of tying every movie into each other as well even the nothing-to-do-with-the-others third movie, how many other franchises heading into the 7th film can say the same?

The saw series tied each movie together nicely, even though there were only 6 of them, still you make a good point, F&F do a good job of tieing each film together ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Petrol_Head

Can't stand people saying the whole 28 mile runway is fake..as if starwars, twilight, toy story and micheal collins are real.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Can't stand people saying the whole 28 mile runway is fake..as if starwars, twilight, toy story and micheal collins are real.

At the risk of going off topic there is a world of a difference between Michael Collins skewed version of events and the 28mile scene. The former is at least possible.

I'll give you twilight and Toy story.

Youre totally missing the point. a film has to make sense within the world in which it is set. so poncy vampires and living toys exist within the worlds of those films. take man of steel for example, an invincible, flying alien works in its world but if a living toy showed up youd be baffled.
    The fast and furious films are sh!t because theyre so po faced and up their own arse. theyre played out with this joyless seriousness but then they just disregard the most basic laws of physics. and i dont mean big explosions or the usual action fare, i love big dumb action movies, theyre just riddled with so much stuff thay doesnt make sense within the world in which they are set. theyre also badly written, badly acted and generally just boring

• Advertisement

Kurt Russell in negotiations to join now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Kurt Russell in negotiations to join now :cool:

Dear God I hope he ends up in this film.

Youre totally missing the point. a film has to make sense within the world in which it is set. so poncy vampires and living toys exist within the worlds of those films. take man of steel for example, an invincible, flying alien works in its world but if a living toy showed up youd be baffled.
    The fast and furious films are sh!t because theyre so po faced and up their own arse. theyre played out with this joyless seriousness but then they just disregard the most basic laws of physics. and i dont mean big explosions or the usual action fare, i love big dumb action movies, theyre just riddled with so much stuff thay doesnt make sense within the world in which they are set. theyre also badly written, badly acted and generally just boring

I totally agree with you....

But...

That runway!!!!!! Come on!!!!!

Anyone hear the roomers of Tony Jaa so signed up to this?

So it seems that Kurt Russell has not just signed on but is filming scenes atm.

Here's what James Wan posted online earlier
    INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 2 opens tonight (double feature with the first one), and the whole day I've been directing a living legend - Kurt Russell. Pretty damn cool day!

....Go check out Insidious2!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,045 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

When are they going to sign Lucas Black up for this? Surely they can't do it without him!

Nah they have gotten a lot worse. The problem is cinema has gotten a lot worse in that period of time, and our brains are expecting less and less each time they walk through the doors of a big budget movie. All it takes now to get a good review is some shiny colours coming out of a computer. Case in point is this franchise. The great dumbing down is in full swing.

Nah they have gotten a lot worse. The problem is cinema has gotten a lot worse in that period of time, and our brains are expecting less and less each time they walk through the doors of a big budget movie. All it takes now to get a good review is some shiny colours coming out of a computer. Case in point is this franchise. The great dumbing down is in full swing.

You think Fast Five is worse than 2, Tokyo Drift and the 4th one? REALLY?

You think Fast Five is worse than 2, Tokyo Drift and the 4th one? REALLY?

I cant remember 4 and 5 to be honest. I can remember 1,2 and 6, and six only for its 0/10 on the quality scale.
    I dont get this 'its so bad that it can laugh at itself with flying scenes' and so on. Its not like its in the Scary Movie vein of movies.

Is it a comedy franchise? It seems to have turned into that now, as the people who like it seem to like it for the reason krudler is giving above. This is what happens to franchises when they get tired and crap. They turn into parodies of themselves, which is just nonsense. I fear that by the time 7 comes out they may have got to me too....:eek:

• Advertisement

I cant remember 4 and 5 to be honest. I can remember 1,2 and 6, and six only for its 0/10 on the quality scale.
    I dont get this 'its so bad that it can laugh at itself with flying scenes' and so on. Its not like its in the Scary Movie vein of movies.

Is it a comedy franchise? It seems to have turned into that now, as the people who like it seem to like it for the reason krudler is giving above. This is what happens to franchises when they get tired and crap. They turn into parodies of themselves, which is just nonsense. I fear that by the time 7 comes out they may have got to me too....:eek:

For me - and I am a fan of the franchise - I'd rate them: 5, 6, 1, 4, 3, 2.

I do think the set pieces in 6 were way over the top - the bridge jump/catch and the runway being particularly OTT, but overall I find them enjoyable. The length of the runway didn't occur to me during the movie, to be honest. I did have a laugh at the catch though.

I would certainly argue that the franchise has improve a lot since the 2nd movie, which was a stinker imo, with the 5th being a genuinely very good action/heist movie, imo.

Advertisement