Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast & Furious 7

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    That looks gloriously nuts! :D Can't wait!

(For everyone else - this isn't supposed to be War and Peace.. it's 2 hours of pure brain-at-the-door entertainment that has actually gotten better as the series has gone on IMO)
    Ditto. Whenever anyone moans at me about "being too serious and uptight" to enjoy Marvel movies I'll point them to my love of Fast and Furious 5 & 6. Easily 2 of the best blockbusters of this decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Herself really excited for this one. I can't help thinking how are they still making these.

To me the earlier films are almost like a separate entity. They've gone from modestly budgeted films about people driving in a straight line to bonafide over the top blockbusters with shootouts, fist fights, explosions and international espionage. I say fair play to Justin Lin for saying with the 5th movie "**** it, let's see how big we can go with this.", it's paid off well so far.

I just hope James Wan is as up to the task but it looks promising so far.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,200 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

e_e wrote: »
    To me the earlier films are almost like a separate entity. They've gone from modestly budgeted films about people driving in a straight line to bonafide over the top blockbusters with shootouts, fist fights, explosions and international espionage. I say fair play to Justin Lin for saying with the 5th movie "**** it, let's see how big we can go with this.", it's paid off well so far.

I just hope James Wan is as up to the task but it looks promising so far.

The first movie was fairly watchable but the follow ups were awful, by the time the fifth one had rolled around it was a franchise I had no intention of ever going near again. I can't think of another instance where a big franchise completely won me over after I had written it off the way the 5th film did.

I've been quite slack when it comes to going to the cinema lately, bar a few kids films I took my brother to see the only films I've seen in the cinema recently were Jupiter Ascending and Gone Girl and honestly there's not a whole lot that will entice me to make the trip in the coming months but Furious 7 will have me prebuying tickets. The scene in Fast & Furious 6 where Dom literally flies is still I think my all time favorite moment in a cinema. I'm pretty sure that I very loudly said "FUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKK" and may have clapped a little. When you have films such as The Avengers that take themselves way too seriously it's just so refreshing to have a franchise such as this which is all about having a little fun.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 85,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

While I cant wait, I am also sad and intrigued to see how Brian exits

Rewatched part 6 last night and on second viewing it remains one of the most enjoyable 120 minutes of cinema that I have ever seen. It's at heart a big dumb action film but there's real heart here, the relationship between the characters is spot on and the easy slagging and camaraderie they share helps set it above pretty much every other ensemble we've seen. I couldn't help comparing it to the Avengers film, one which has a group of people but no chemistry between them. You get the feeling that you could happily spend 2 hours just watching Diesel and co shooting the breeze and still want more, honestly this may sound like hyperbole but if the academy recognised ensemble performances then the cast of Fast and Furious would be in with a good chance of winning.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,200 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Rewatched part 6 last night and on second viewing it remains one of the most enjoyable 120 minutes of cinema that I have ever seen. It's at heart a big dumb action film but there's real heart here, the relationship between the characters is spot on and the easy slagging and camaraderie they share helps set it above pretty much every other ensemble we've seen. I couldn't help comparing it to the Avengers film, one which has a group of people but no chemistry between them. You get the feeling that you could happily spend 2 hours just watching Diesel and co shooting the breeze and still want more, honestly this may sound like hyperbole but if the academy recognised ensemble performances then the cast of Fast and Furious would be in with a good chance of winning.

I only saw it last week and enjoyed it, thought it was a bit of a step down from the 5th one though.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I only saw it last week and enjoyed it, thought it was a bit of a step down from the 5th one though.

I that part 5 was such a huge step up that there was no way any subsequent film in the series would be as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I've watched 1-3 over the last few days, hoping to fit in 4-6 and then go see 7 on Monday :D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ffocused

I saw the premiere last night in The Savoy. it has its tongue placed firmly in its cheek this time & it works very well. My favourite is still the first one though.
    The opening scene with Jason Statham is brilliant & sets the tone for the rest of the film. I would give it a solid 8/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Sobko

Going to a midnight show tonight. I've enjoyed the last two outings. They have been like a different franchise to the previous movies.

Saw it today, really enjoyed it even if not quite as much as the last two. Can't complain too much though when it made 2 and a half hours of a Good Friday absolutely fly by.

Very poignant sendoff for Paul Walker too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭iMac Hunt

Wow, that was a whole new level of ridiculous, in a good way though :-) Great ending and a fitting tribute to Paul Walker, was holding back the tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,487 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

what's the helicopter at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

what's the helicopter at the end?

Ah99 Blackfoot attack chopper combined with a UH80 Ghost hawk transport chopper, i dont think it exists yet.

RAH66.png

ghosthawk.png

What an utterly ridiculous movie, I did enjoy for it what it is.

What's left for them to do really? Go into space?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

iMac Hunt wrote: »
    Wow, that was a whole new level of ridiculous, in a good way though :-) Great ending and a fitting tribute to Paul Walker, was holding back the tears.

Sums it up perfectly, there really was no need to introduce the REALLY OTT stunts... And it's gone too far at this stage....

Just quickly about the tribute, loved it and it was fitting, but I thought they were going to kill him off, especially when he had the phone conversation with Mia, just seem to he heading that way.. Not a big complaint but the tribute was very well done

RIP Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 33,397 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It was ridiculous to the point of absurdity.
    The dialogue was an insult to our intelligence.
    The action was completely over the top.

I loved every second of it. One of the most entertaining films I've seen in the cinema in years.

• Advertisement

I assume
    The bit at the end was his brother on the beach and characters trying to act and being forced to think of their mate. Reckon that was the hardest thing they have ever done

What's left for them to do really? Go into space?

You know what, I would totally watch. Honestly, while I have yet to see Fast 7, I could easily sit down for two hours and just watch the cast sit around a table and chat. They have such an easy going charm and it's obvious that they care for one another. As I said earlier in the thread, take any scene where they sit around talking and compare it to say The Avengers and they are worlds apart.

You know what, I would totally watch. Honestly, while I have yet to see Fast 7, I could easily sit down for two hours and just watch the cast sit around a table and chat. They have such an easy going charm and it's obvious that they care for one another. As I said earlier in the thread, take any scene where they sit around talking and compare it to say The Avengers and they are worlds apart.

In fairness to Avengers FF lads have had 7 movies together.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    In fairness to Avengers FF lads have had 7 movies together.

No they have not, most of the cast didn't really come together till part 5 and even then they had great chemistry.

No they have not, most of the cast didn't really come together till part 5 and even then they had great chemistry.

Only the 2nd one had less than 4 of the main cast in it :confused: Only the Rock was added in 5. So umm yes they have?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Only the 2nd one had less than 4 of the main cast in it :confused: Only the Rock was added in 5. So umm yes they have?

They weren't an ensemble cast till part 5 when they all came together. Part two had three of the main cast, part three had one from the main cast and a quick cameo from Diesel and part one had three of the main cast (four if you count the sister).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Saw this today, cinema was packed. Plenty of action, some comedy (Roman) and very moving tribute to Paul Walker. Found fight scenes really good especially the ones with Tony Jaa

They weren't an ensemble cast till part 5 when they all came together. Part two had three of the main cast, part three had one from the main cast and a quick cameo from Diesel and part one had three of the main cast (four if you count the sister).
    ...and despite them almost falling arse backwards into creating their own cinematic universe it's still more interesting than Marvel's. Not least because there's actually some real charisma and diversity in the cast.

Saw a trailer for Age of Ultron before this and it almost put me to sleep tbh. I really hope the film won't be as self-serious and visually ugly as that let on.

...and despite them almost falling arse backwards into creating their own cinematic universe it's still more interesting than Marvel's. Not least because there's actually some real charisma and diversity in the cast.

Saw a trailer for Age of Ultron before this and it almost put me to sleep tbh. I really hope the film won't be as self-serious and visually ugly as that let on.

I thought that the first Avengers film was pretty damn awful, rewatched it last year and was bored to tears. Most of the film looked like it was shot as an homage to early 90s sitcoms and many of the films big moments lack any visual spark. Whedon repeatedly used the exact same camera movements and it felt like he was trying to make the film as uncinematic as he could. Hell moments such as Black Widow and Loki's introductions looked like they were shot in someones garage using early 90s tech.

The scenes featuring the cast interacting with one another were pretty poor and there was an obvious discomfort there. Granted the Fast & Furious cast have had time together but when Fast 5 hit they group scenes were far better than anything in Avengers, you really got the impression that you were watching a group of friends hang out where as the Avengers team felt more like a support group for violent offenders forced to band together for a weekend camping trip

• Advertisement

Grand, so your "No they have not" bit was bollox. I agree it does look like mates making a movie and that last scene must have been horrible to make.

Advertisement