Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I always hated Tough Enough. They already have NXT, why even bother with that show?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I enjoyed the first Tough Enough and I liked Maven. I didn't really care for the other versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Stone Cold is hosting it. That's enough for me to watch.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Agreed. A 10 minute Austin chew-out promo at the end of each show is money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

http://www.allwrestlingnews.com/wwe-news/bray-wyatt-suffers-injury-before-wrestlemania-31/

A friend of mine reckons he broke his ankle ! What will this mean for the match O_O

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

http://www.allwrestlingnews.com/wwe-news/bray-wyatt-suffers-injury-before-wrestlemania-31/

A friend of mine reckons he broke his ankle ! What will this mean for the match O_O

Strap it up. Have him keep taker matted on the ground for most of the match in a chokehold/headlock/sleeper/rest hold. Limit the work on the feet and have taker protect him where possible. And cut the match time dramatically.

It's WM the only excuse for not attending should be death. I think most wrestlers would hobble around on one leg for the chance to have a match at WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tape it and man up that's the wrestling business.

Oh and don't forget to take lots of pain killers that you will get addicted too from wrestling with injuries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

He's fine it's just a work so people will go easy when it's a car crash of a match

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Undertaker makes his entrance then Bray comes out and does a great promo about how he has summoned someone else to face the Undertaker.

He has summoned a Demon.

Lighs go out. Heatbeats play.

Then Finn Balor comes out in full warpaint....

Thats what I would do if Bray cannot compete!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Tugboats wrote: »
    He's fine it's just a work so people will go easy when it's a car crash of a match

You are talking a lot about how bad it's going to be. While it's not going to get 5 stars, I think it's going to be a very decent match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Undertaker makes his entrance then Bray comes out and does a great promo about how he has summoned someone else to face the Undertaker.

He has summoned a Demon.

I think i just jizzed a little bit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

He has summoned a Demon.

Christ above that would be probably the best debut any one has ever had

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They could replace Bray with Bo Dallas. I'd bo-lieve :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Loughc wrote: »
    They could replace Bray with Bo Dallas. I'd bo-lieve :P

He's only a few tattoos and 60lbs of fat away from pulling it off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

New boom period.........
    Raw numbers were the highest in many years, benefitting from the day after WrestleMania show not going head-to-head with NCAA basketball finals.

TV By the numbers had times listed all wrong so these hours could be incorrect, but the show did 5.35 million viewers.

The three hours were 5.60 million viewers, 5.23 million viewers and 5.27 million viewers. It is not clear which hour each is. The big number was in the first or second hour.

It was the largest rating for the show in three years, since Raw 1,000th in 2012.

..... and then people saw Big Show and Kane in the main event and the show will lose a million viewers next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

• Registered Users Posts: 39,623 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Whats he doing these days?

Archivist or something like that I think. Some history based gig with wwe.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

That came from a statement from her management saying that she wouldn't be working with WWE this year.

Doesn't mean that she won't do Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Dave Meltzer: Possible reason why Stone Cold Steve Austin is not doing the Podcast Specials on the WWE Network.

Took this from Wreddit
    Live with Chris Jericho - This will be a once a month, one-hour show where Jericho interviews WWE talent after Raw. The format is expected to be similar to the Steve Austin interviews with Vince McMahon and HHH that garnered a lot of attention. The first show will air on 4/6, with John Cena as guest. It’s notable that it’s Jericho and not Austin doing the show. One person close to the situation said that there was a falling out of sorts between McMahon and Austin and that Vince was not happy with Austin’s interview with HHH. He then wanted a change in hosts, and he picked Jericho. I’m not sure exactly what, but the item that seemed to cause the most controversy after the fact was Austin asking about Chyna in the Hall of Fame, and the fallout of Chyna resurfacing, and talking about HHH and the physical abuse allegation.

From the Observer

Personally i think it sucks that Stone Cold isn't doing the Podcast specials anymore if it's all from the Chyna fallout/the physical abuse allegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Basically Vince doesn't like the tough questions, so he went for Chris Jericho who will kowtow the WWE as he always does. Sad because I really like Stone Cold's podcasts, especially the ones he did with Stone Cold and Vince McMahon. Just goes to show how much of a control freak Vince is.

John Cena is Jericho's first guest, so i expect a lot of arse kissing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Can't wait for the first 20 minutes to be Jericho drumming on the desk and screeching while Cena freestyles.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jericho is a better choice to talk to roster members since he actually knows them. His podcast with Bryan for example.

Jericho talking to people he knows, sharing stories about situations they were in, people they know sounds good to me.

Austin was right for the style of interviews he had with Vince and Triple H.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/4/2/8337139/seth-rollins-wwe-title-wrestlemania-31-brock-lesnar-roman-reigns-backstage-news
    Both the Wrestling Observer (subscription required but recommended) and PW Insider are reporting an interesting backstage bit about the decision to have Seth Rollins cash in the Money in the Bank briefcase to win the WWE world heavyweight championship in the main event of WrestleMania 31.

He wasn't told until the last minute.

The Observer reports that Rollins was informed he would be winning the title at the start of the angle they ran with The Rock and Ronda Rousey, and everyone involved in the main event worked out the finish at that point. It may have been known beforehand, and been the plan for some time, but the idea going into WrestleMania was that Roman Reigns would walk out as champion.

But, as happens often in WWE, plans change.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

And everyone was DELIGHTED with the changed finish, though you'd have to wonder how pissed Roman's family were when they found out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

DM_7 wrote: »
    Jericho is a better choice to talk to roster members since he actually knows them. His podcast with Bryan for example.

Jericho talking to people he knows, sharing stories about situations they were in, people they know sounds good to me.

Austin was right for the style of interviews he had with Vince and Triple H.

Lol, no one will take Jericho seriously now. He's a joke that has proven to be a company man all the way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Lol, no one will take Jericho seriously now. He's a joke that has proven to be a company man all the way.

Its just an interview segment on the network. Not Newsnight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    And everyone was DELIGHTED with the changed finish, though you'd have to wonder how pissed Roman's family were when they found out?

it's just a matter of when rather than if with Roman, just Vince thankfully realised that he's not there yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement