Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I might go for it if that's true. At least there's a nice back catalogue of stuff to watch on it, and the NXT stuff will be nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can't check that in work, what's the offer?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can't check that in work, what's the offer?

Another free month coming in April

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

rovert wrote: »
    WWE Network free in April
    AGAIN

Even so...

bored042.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

An update on what happened this weekend and I hope Rey reconsiders:
    -The autopsy report from the Baja California Attorney General's Office said that Perro Aguayo Jr. fractured his C-1, C-2 and C-3 vertebrae in his neck and passed away on the way to the hospital, which contradicted the report he was alive while at the hospital. They could not pinpoint exactly what happened to do so, but said it was two different moments of impact and that no level or speed of medical treatment would have made a difference. The Mexico City commission noted that Aguayo Jr. had been given a complete physical 15 days earlier (probably the night of the 3/6 AAA show in Mexico City) and he was fine. (thanks to Cubsfan)

--Rey Bucanero said he talked with Rey Mysterio Jr. and said Mysterio Jr. told him that he is leaning toward retirement. Mysterio Jr. is scheduled to be in Santa Clara tonight which would be his first public interview and in San Jose later for Wrestlecon.

• Advertisement

FAKE REPORT.

No one more blindly believing Mexican news sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Man, I really hope he isn't blaming himself... he's had an incredibly unfortunate few years, guy really deserves a break. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Andre Battle Royal has been dumped to the Mania pre show

Last night at a show at Wrestlecon in San Jose. TJP is Manik Perro died beside him in the ring last week:

https://twitter.com/RobViper/status/581350287077556224

Derp

Rey's own words:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Andre Battle Royal has been dumped to the Mania pre show

Poor Sheamus can't get past WM pre-show / Opening match

• Registered Users Posts: 13,558 ✭✭✭✭briany

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Poor Sheamus can't get past WM pre-show / Opening match

From the keyboard of Meltzer,
    Whatever Sheamus is doing, and he is booked on the show, is already planned out and all the key people know what it is.

So, he is on the show, but nobody who doesn't need to know knows what he's doing. The rumour is, though, leaning much more heavily toward involvement in the IC match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

briany wrote: »
    From the keyboard of Meltzer,

So, he is on the show, but nobody who doesn't need to know knows what he's doing. The rumour is, though, leaning much more heavily toward involvement in the IC match.

I think he may screw Cena in the Rusev match

Tugboats wrote: »
    I think he may screw Cena in the Rusev match

As I posted elsewhere Dean Ambrose said he is wrestling 7 men in the Ladder match when it is 6 men. Maybe it is just a "when I throw all other 30 men over the top rope misspeak".

rovert wrote: »
    As I posted elsewhere Dean Ambrose said he is wrestling 7 men in the Ladder match when it is 6 men. Maybe it is just a "when I throw all other 30 men over the top rope misspeak".

Im not a fan of Sheamus but I dont see the point of throwing him into the 6 man match as his "big" return. Him screwing Cena(joining team Cena put him out of Action) would be a bigger impact return and it also keeps the belt on Rusev

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Sheamus and Rusev to start a new UnAmericans.

Sheamus and Rusev to start a new UnAmericans.

I wouldnt go that far we dont want the Yanks to think we hate them. Think of the jobs...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,558 ✭✭✭✭briany

I don't know about Sheamus becoming anti-America as such, but I'm liking the idea that he comes back as a heel and in certain towns will cut promos slating 'plastic paddys'. If he's going to go down the Irish route anyway and be a heel, it would be a good heat getter if he's on a one man quest to rid the WWE of Irish-American kitsch and hackneyed stereotypes. To that end, maybe tone down the whole look to something leaner and more brutal looking. Almost certainly won't happen as the Sheamus look is an action figure seller, but if he were to be packaged as a heel, a true heel, he really needs to take up his game up a notch. Being a maniac who beats people up, well there's been more than one face with the same type of character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

New group? Sheamus, Balor, Lynch?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Jesus no they should all be kept as far from each other as possible especially Balor he needs to be taken seriously when he comes up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Balor being anywhere near Sheamus will absolutely kill him.

His nationality is totally irrelevant, whereas with Sheamus it's basically his gimmick.

Honestly, if you put Balor with Sheamus you may as well rename him Drunky O'Drunkerson.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Balor being anywhere near Sheamus will absolutely kill him.

His nationality is totally irrelevant, whereas with Sheamus it's basically his gimmick.

Honestly, if you put Balor with Sheamus you may as well rename him Drunky O'Drunkerson.

Going to have to disagree with the bolded part. If it doesn't happen, it will certainly become a dream match over the years. Two Irish wrestlers in a mainstream promotion. It's bound to get people wondering when they're going to meet in the ring.

And you can bet WWE will want to cash in on it too, and play off the Irish nationality. Just like when Sheamus was in FCW and used to cut promos on Dave Finlay, just because they were both Irish. Or another example would be Alberto Del Rio and Rey Mysterio.

As for the Irish stable idea. I was thinking about that myself. Sheamus, Finn Balor, Becky Lynch and maybe Dave Finlay as their manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Please God no.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Going to have to disagree with the bolded part. If it doesn't happen, it will certainly become a dream match over the years. Two Irish wrestlers in a mainstream promotion. It's bound to get people wondering when they're going to meet in the ring.

And you can bet WWE will want to cash in on it too, and play off the Irish nationality. Just like when Sheamus was in FCW and used to cut promos on Dave Finlay, just because they were both Irish. Or another example would be Alberto Del Rio and Rey Mysterio.

As for the Irish stable idea. I was thinking about that myself. Sheamus, Finn Balor, Becky Lynch and maybe Dave Finlay as their manager.

I agree with you. But the point I was making was that Balor has no "Irish" traits at all. He's a good looking guy with an Irish accent and that's it.

Sheamus is pale and ginger and draws on a lot of stereotypes.

I think they will do the match down the line but I don't think they should cross paths for a long time. Until Balor makes his connection with the crowd and has an established character on the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

On the irish stable thing I think it would be a bad idea but at the same time they shouldnt ignore the fact that sheamus, balor and becky(when she is called up) are from the same country.

When will we as an irish wrestling forum ever be able to say there are THREE irish wrestlers on the wwe main roster again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

People said that a clash with Finlay was inevitable when Sheamus debuted. Did they ever do anything together? (genuine question, I don't remember, but either way if they did it wasn't memorable or prolonged)

American audiences wouldn't care about two Irish people fighting, and they broadly like Ireland so at best you could see them teaming once or twice as faces by virtue of happenstance (e.g. they're both feuding with different Authority members), with their shared nationality being mentioned on commentary and nothing more made of it. Maybe something on a Dublin/Belfast house show too. A feud between the two wouldn't be something I could see WWE actively pursuing though, unless again they just happened to be both free and stuck for something one month. And if you see them being paired up as a regular team then something has gone wrong because they're then stuck in midcard limbo. A full-on stable is a no-go. Stables like that tend to be only used sparingly and for effect in WWE these days, the amount of heat an Irish stable would get would be minimal for the reasons discussed above, and babyface stables are usually either short-term, for a specific purpose, or a way of establishing newer or repackaged talent.

It's the same reason they never really go with Ireland vs UK feuds and so on. They're a US TV show with an international audience, first and foremost, and all content must (at least in theory) resonate with that American base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    When will we as an irish wrestling forum ever be able to say there are THREE irish wrestlers on the wwe main roster again.

Sheamus, Finlay & Hornswoggle :D

Irish stable talk will be added to the charter if I ever become mod. Just no lads no.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sheamus, Finlay & Hornswoggle :D

Oh Jesus. But yeah again no irish stable formally but when they are on the roster together an old nod and a wink isn't out of the question.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I don't want Finn anywhere near Sheamus. Sheamus and Rusev might work if they wanted to go down the route of him attacking Cena tomorrow night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement