Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I didn't know Crunchyroll existed...

I know what I'll be doing on the luas to work in the morning!
    I just showed Retr0 lately its on PS3 and Vita, not sure if it's US only though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I just showed Retr0 lately its on PS3 and Vita, not sure if it's US only though

Yeah. Not on the PS3 here for some reason. It's on Xbox One oddly enough.

Also on Apple TV.

Watching Tokyo Ghoul on Netflix at the moment but it seems to be censored so it can be hard to follow what's going on in some scenes when ever someone gets a limb removed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A friend of mine who is usually good with the anime recommendations isn't too fond of Tokyo Ghoul. Says it starts well, gets crap then the last two episodes are great and then season 2 so far has been dire.

I don't think crunchyroll is on the PS4 store here but it is on the US store and works even when signed into a EU account.

Yeah. I'm 10 episodes in and the main character still can't do anything despite a big deal being made about the fact that he's a one eyed ghoul. He just gets punched over and over again until someone else turns up. The idea to learn to use his abilities hasn't even come up.

This character was great though:

HarDuBW.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got a new job!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=384
    I'm a new mod over on the Accessibility & Mobility & Disability forum, should be very interesting and looking forward to it.
    It'll be concurrent with the A&R gig, to quote a guy in a balaclava once "We haven't gone away you know"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

DinoRex wrote: »
    Yeah. Not on the PS3 here for some reason. It's on Xbox One oddly enough.

Also on Apple TV.

Watching Tokyo Ghoul on Netflix at the moment but it seems to be censored so it can be hard to follow what's going on in some scenes when ever someone gets a limb removed.
    I only checked on Vita and found it by mistake, of course its set to US. I'm surprised it's not here either.
    There is an uncensored version but not on there, when I had read it was censored too much of course I'd need the other version and went looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I got a new job!
    I'm a new mod over on the Accessibility & Mobility & Disability forum, should be very interesting and looking forward to it.
    It'll be concurrent with the A&R gig, to quote a guy in a balaclava once "We haven't gone away you know"

A lot of people take the ability to do things as a given. It's only when they either know someone involved in an accident or born with a disability that the understand the daily struggle that these people go through. There are some horrible degenerative diseases out there. Good luck in the new position, I'm sure you'll run a tight ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,459 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Fair play dude, can't think of a better person for that gig.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks
    Between myself and She Who Must Be Obeyed we have had plenty of contacts with health care and support networks, both professionally and concerning family members, hopefully I can bring it to bear to help people out, while learning a lot from the efforts of others to engage with the world after finding themselves in a variety of difficult circumstances.

But my position on Streets of Sh1te and GoldenArse remain the same.
    You've been warned.....

6/10 Retr0 ghedge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

I got a new job!

Ah so thats why Enter Now is coming to the beers, to hand over his contract and a possible brown envelope!

• Advertisement

Searching for stuff, as one does on the internet, I came across this gem of a webpage that has had me lmaorotfl and so on.
    To hear an ingame character saying a line like “Nay, it is something strange and, and cold...like the taint.”, it's a treat I tell's ya!Audio Atrocities: Two Worlds

Also,
    A Beers favourite, Blue Stinger!

One more, one more!
    This is from Castle of Shikigami 2!
    "I like girls, but now, It's about Justice!"
    I have to work that into conversation in work!
    This one not so much
    an audio clip not suitable for work I'd say!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Deep Fear, Shining Force 3 (taste my artic blast!) and Chaos Wars are well worth checking out for some awful voice acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Thats strange, i only started watching Parasyte this week on crunchyroll.
    Episode 8 at the moment.

The premium version is very pricey, you would want to watch a lot of anime.

Currently trying to get Crunchyroll working on RPi XBMC, stupid script error.

Isn't it just €4.99 a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

But my position on Streets of Sh1te and GoldenArse remain the same.
    You've been warned.....
    I think you would be better off if you just modded the accessibility section instead. No recovering from what you said here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,105 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dark Souls fans are in for a treat with Bloodborne :) They've crafted an amazing game world, really frightening place even by From standards!

Dark Souls fans are in for a treat with Bloodborne :) They've crafted an amazing game world, really frightening place even by From standards!

Yaaay!
    Get out the brown slacks!
    Pass the wet wipes nurse!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Im gone away all weekend so I'll have to get on the bloodbourne train next week. Seriously cant wait to play it, looks amazing

DinoRex wrote: »
    Isn't it just €4.99 a month?

Premium is €6.99 a month.
    Premium+ is €11.99 a month.

Depends what you are into i guess.

All these subs add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Has anyone else had issues with the crunchyroll iOS app? It loaded a video when I tried it out last night, but now it won't load anything. Ads load just fine though, of course.

• Advertisement

Has anyone else had issues with the crunchyroll iOS app? It loaded a video when I tried it out last night, but now it won't load anything. Ads load just fine though, of course.

Mine is working fine, those damn ads, free though.

Steven Spielberg To Direct 'Ready Player One':

http://www.ausretrogamer.com/steven-spielberg-to-direct-ready-player-one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Just finished Interstellar...can't say it wasn't ambitious, but I was ultimately let down. Emotional moments aren't exactly Nolan's forte, and makes me wish Spielberg didn't leave the project, because he can sell the hell out of an emotional moment. Instead, I felt nothing. And the moment where it went all
    Sunshine
    is where it really got stupid.

Agreed, it could have been a lot better.

I think i need to see it again though.

Loading screen fans are in for a treat with Bloodborne

FYP

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I haven't been following that game at all, has there been any word on a future PC release? Only The Last Guardian will make me fork out for a PS4, at least by then it'll be cheaper and have a bigger catalogue of worthwhile games. :)
    Just finished Interstellar...can't say it wasn't ambitious, but I was ultimately let down. Emotional moments aren't exactly Nolan's forte, and makes me wish Spielberg didn't leave the project, because he can sell the hell out of an emotional moment. Instead, I felt nothing. And the moment where it went all
    Sunshine
    is where it really got stupid.

If you have kids then you might have viewed the emotional moments differently. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,105 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I haven't been following that game at all, has there been any word on a future PC release?

Pretty much 'not a chance' sadly. It was financed by Sony as a console exclusive, so would be very surprised to make it see the jump. Could happen, but would definitely be unexpected.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Pretty much 'not a chance' sadly. It was financed by Sony as a console exclusive, so would be very surprised to make it see the jump. Could happen, but would definitely be unexpected.

Ah ok that's understandable I guess, thought it might have taken the Dark Souls route by going PC.

It did appear in the Amazon release schedule for PC so don't rule it out, those Amazon leaks have been nothing but accurate the last few years and the fact it was given a very specific edition name lends weight to it.

Sony aren't flat out denying it either with a 'no plans ' response which in most cases means no plans at the moment.

• Advertisement

So Sony followed Nintendo's example, when they funded the completion and release of Bayonetta 2 as a WiiU exclusive, much to the annoyance of PS4 owners if I remember correctly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement