Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

The thought had crossed my mind, ha. If I do go with one of them I'll probably stick a box of some description around it. If I didn't I'd more than likely shock the hydraulics out of myself, ha.

Thanks for the input! I'm looking to get started on this soon. I'm thinking about starting with a Pandora's Box 3 multi board and getting an MVS when one becomes available. Has anyone used any of the Pandora's box boards? I think the jamma pinouts are different on it to the standard set-up. Would it still work with one of the Superguns?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Those Pandora multi-in-1 games use a non-standard pinout which can cause problems alright. Pins 27 & 'e' are used for button 6, these pins are normally gnd.

I've recently added support for these types of multigame board to my latest supergun version (V1.3), not sure about other supergun types though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Some great deals on Doubleshocks in Bray everybody!

what about the Six Axes?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Thanks again! :)

The Pandora's stuff seems pretty popular and well reviewed on most sites. Shame about the non-standard pinout, but I'll more than likely be buying one of yours when I do get around to it and you have the stock in :) Your's seem to be the ones that everyone on every arcade forum recommends!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Conker is making a comeback in Project Spark it seems.

Hopefully now more people will recognise the character has the depth and wit of a subpar Wayans Brothers film.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Conker is making a comeback in Project Spark it seems.

Hopefully now more people will recognise the character has the depth and wit of a subpar Wayans Brothers film.

Amen brother :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Had my old boss call me to help him get a website finished for tonight. Reminded me the pain of web development. So fecking stressed. Even the littlest things are a pain in the arse! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Had my old boss call me to help him get a website finished for tonight. Reminded me the pain of web development. So fecking stressed. Even the littlest things are a pain in the arse! :)

I remember having to dip my toe in that many years ago. We had some web designers using Dreamweaver to create websites - looked nice when it worked but the HTML it output was a mess. So when stuff didn't look correct it was left to the proper developers to get out Notepad and manually fix the code for them. Feck that for a packet of crisps. Many moons ago now that is though, back when Netscape was the nerds browser of choice. :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I remember having to dip my toe in that many years ago. We had some web designers using Dreamweaver to create websites - looked nice when it worked but the HTML it output was a mess. So when stuff didn't look correct it was left to the proper developers to get out Notepad and manually fix the code for them. Feck that for a packet of crisps. Many moons ago now that is though, back when Netscape was the nerds browser of choice. :)

That's pretty much what I have to do. He makes really great looking websites but once you venture from the laid down templates you run into all sorts of problems. I'll happy set up the site to run on a server, do all the php and even hash and salt the passwords (which means I'm better than Son'y web engineers circa the great Sony hack a few years ago and I never went to college for this :) ). However ever when it's something that seems simple like 'hmm, this sign in form isn't centred' or 'can you make it so you can sign in without the website reloading' then you'll be up most of the night trying to fix things and searching google for code to rob. Yep that jquery script should be buried in one of these 300 javascript files, I'll find it no problem! :) jQuery is the worst, it's easier to follow machine code than that nonsense.

And then when you have something working you find out it's buggy in Chrome/IE/Safari (never Mozilla for some reason!).

I found doing AI code a hell of a lot better than it since you at least are in control!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I spent a good year of my life working on the website for Fleetwood Paints back in 2001.

So hard to make them understand that I couldn't accurately reproduce 'Naughty Peach' in web safe colours!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »
    I spent a good year of my life working on the website for Fleetwood Paints back in 2001.

So hard to make them understand that I couldn't accurately reproduce 'Naughty Peach' in web safe colours!

2a32c6411e899a5459af92b9302c96be-princess-peach-slave-leia-cosplay.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Andrew76 wrote: »
    back when Netscape was the nerds browser of choice. :)

...and Pirch and mIRC were the social media hangouts of choice. :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    2a32c6411e899a5459af92b9302c96be-princess-peach-slave-leia-cosplay.jpg

wow... Retr0gamer is really getting seriously good at the aul' cosplay :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

LongZ wrote: »
    wow... Retr0gamer is really getting seriously good at the aul' cosplay :D

Well that's that photo ruined for me :(

But I do expect some expert photo shopping incoming any second....

That's my costume for the nest beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Just so you know, the precursor to The Naked Gun, Police Squad, just started on Gold.

Feck, hit 20,000 posts and didn't know!
    I blame the "Nintendo is dead" thread over on the Games forum, completely distracted!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Corholio wrote: »
    ugh Adverts....

Currently in the middle of a messy situation with something I bought off of there. Anyone ever have to go to serious lengths to recover monies paid from someone on there? Don't want to clog up the thread with it or anything, so would appreciate PM's on people's experiences like that. It's basically I paid, seller hasn't sent scenario, and has no intention of sending.

Already contacted adverts, don't expect much from them and Paypal process is under way too. Just wondering if anyone ever went further than that with someone there.

Just an update on this...

Ended up getting my money back from Paypal after no communication from the buyer on Adverts over the past 10 days. His last message to me was that he didn't send the item as I had 'withdrawn my payment', despite the fact I had payed a week earlier. Didn't even need to sen Paypal any evidence either so he must have not got back to them either. He was obviously a scammer from the start who ****ed up not knowing how Paypal works.

A result in the end anyway. Wish I could post the username to warn others but I know the complications of doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Saw that shield earlier, that whole series is awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Managed to get my brothers old laptop which has a broken screen and get it up and running again, in order to build my own bartop. Remembered I've an icade that I got a while back to try to do just that with!

Have Ubuntu running on the laptop for now, and it recognises the icade when paired with Bluetooth! Will make a nice little stop-gap until I can swap out the Bluetooth controller in it for the ipac 2 I have! I'll need some cables and adapters to go from the ipacs ps2 connections to USB on the laptop. Or would it be better to get a new ipac with USB? Is there any other benefit to using the new USB ones?

Thinking I almost killed the forum/thread! :pac:

Hit a snag that while the laptop picks up the joystick perfectly, and in QMC2 it recognises the buttons, Mame etc does not. So unplayable at the minute, until I can wire up the iPac. Gonna need PS2-USB adapters for that. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Star Lord wrote: »

Hit a snag that while the laptop picks up the joystick perfectly, and in QMC2 it recognises the buttons, Mame etc does not. So unplayable at the minute, until I can wire up the iPac. Gonna need PS2-USB adapters for that. :/
    Oh hey. It's Ant Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Because no one replied? Because I always feel that way
    it's like "here's my post"

but it's probally always the time when everyone's out like

Because no one replied? Because I always feel that way
    it's like "here's my post"

but it's probally always the time when everyone's out like

I could hardly move for the tumbleweeds!!! :pac: :D

a6ogQB9.gif

With the iCade, I ended up taking out the bluetooth pcb, bodging the earth into a daisy chain (Each of the joystick switches had a separate earth on the bluetooth chip) and wiring them up to the iPac. Gonna splice a USB cable into a PS2 cable to sort out that end of it, and see how that goes!

Sorry Starlord, you are a valued member if the team abs all of your posts are eagerly read and......
    Hwhtsj....
    suuennsz...
    -£jsua¥°÷....
    What was I saying?
    Drifted off there for a second.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

With the iCade, I ended up taking out the bluetooth pcb, bodging the earth into a daisy chain (Each of the joystick switches had a separate earth on the bluetooth chip) and wiring them up to the iPac. Gonna splice a USB cable into a PS2 cable to sort out that end of it, and see how that goes!

I think you have it sorted without needing help.

Possibly getting there! Will have to do the ground wiring properly in the future, but if this works, I'll be properly pleased with myself! First time tinkering with electronics properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

http://zelda-symphony.com/schedule

The Zelda Symphony have announced dates to play in the convention center in Dublin City Center November 22nd 2015. Tickets are set to go on sale April 3rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

http://zelda-symphony.com/schedule

The Zelda Symphony have announced dates to play in the convention center in Dublin City Center November 22nd 2015. Tickets are set to go on sale April 3rd.
    Great thanks, now to sell my Video Games Live tickets

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement