Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pad083

Lindyluu wrote: »
    I'm on EMD panel too this information was on the email they sent out last Feb/March time with the 4 posts,I'm in the same boat myself!

I'm also in the same boat! It's a huge expense for a job that's not guaranteed!

Pad083 wrote: »
    I'm also in the same boat! It's a huge expense for a job that's not guaranteed!

So we do need the d1 within a year of the panel? I can't even find the bloody emails now.

What date is the panel active a year? Oh crap

Must hold full unendorsed C1 & D1 Driving Licence on reaching the age of 22 or within 12 month of commencement of employment.

That's what I found on my email? Son of a... Is there statements to the contrary?

I also thought best to wait and get the job first

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Emkla11

Maybe I am misunderstanding you all but is it not the case that for EMD which is the panel I am also on, that you must have licenses within 12 months of commencing employment with NAS??

If this is case why the worry?

What I am wondering is have they exhausted ECT panel and are now offering to EMD panel also?? With EMD's bound to be recruited for tallaght also by year end and allowing us to express interest ECT while retaining EMD panel place makes good sense for NAS as they could potentially have staff fully trained in both roles going forward.

Emkla11 wrote: »
    Maybe I am misunderstanding you all but is it not the case that for EMD which is the panel I am also on, that you must have licenses within 12 months of commencing employment with NAS??

If this is case why the worry?

What I am wondering is have they exhausted ECT panel and are now offering to EMD panel also?? With EMD's bound to be recruited for tallaght also by year end and allowing us to express interest ECT while retaining EMD panel place makes good sense for NAS as they could potentially have staff fully trained in both roles going forward.

That's what I thought but I read then someone else saying we had to have the d1 within a year of the panel going live and then the c1 within a year of commencing employment. I also thought both was within a year of commencing employment but I was worried then that I was wrong.

I have found an email stating "Must hold full unendorsed C1 & D1 Driving Licence on reaching the age of 22 or within 12 month of commencement of employment" so unless there is information to the contrary that someone else knows I am going to assume that is correct?

I have no idea what's going on with the panels but at the same time I'm on the newer panel and there is still the previous EMD panel to exhaust so I am assuming it will be more of a wait for me but I didn't want to exclude myself from the campaign cause I didn't have a licence I might never use! 😜 do you have them or will you wait until securing employment?

• Advertisement

I am going to go ahead next month and start lessons anyway but as far as my information states, you must have both within twelve months of commencement and NOT before, so I would be in same position as you if selected in that I currentIy don't have either....I am on newer EMD panel also (feb/mar 2014)

Probably be pretty big interest in the 7 dublin posts anyway so tryin not to get too excited

I am going to go ahead next month and start lessons anyway but as far as my information states, you must have both within twelve months of commencement and NOT before, so I would be in same position as you if selected in that I currentIy don't have either....I am on newer EMD panel also (feb/mar 2014)

Probably be pretty big interest in the 7 dublin posts anyway so tryin not to get too excited

Oh good someone has just put the fear into me for no reason then.

Were there 7 EMD posts advertised for Dublin? I'm hoping for ballyshannon but there isn't any movement so I'll not be too excited

Oh good someone has just put the fear into me for no reason then.

Were there 7 EMD posts advertised for Dublin? I'm hoping for ballyshannon but there isn't any movement so I'll not be too excited

There are 7 ECT posts for dublin yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ?Seriously?

Also two for Ballyshannon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭sjb25

Must hold full unendorsed C1 & D1 Driving Licence on reaching the age of 22 or within 12 month of commencement of employment.

That's what I found on my email? Son of a... Is there statements to the contrary?

I also thought best to wait and get the job first

Just letting you guys know but I'm on the student paramedic panel and we needed C1 but needed D1 12 months after starting but we all got an email the other day telling us the D1 will no longer be required for us anyway but obviously wait till you hear officially for yous but don't go mad booking tests till you deafintaly have to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

guys what campaign i.d did you apply for? I'm looking through all the documentation and the exact wording for the NRS0860 recruitment is as follows:

Candidates must posses a full un endorsed class c1 driving license within 12 months of commencement and also must posses a full un endorsed class d1 within 12 months of commencement of employment or within 12 months of reaching the age of 21.

AS sjb25 has said the guys who took up expressions of interest for the paramedic panel were told the d1 was no longer required. it may well be the same for us.

I wonder how many people got the alert from how many different panels?

guys what campaign i.d did you apply for? I'm looking through all the documentation and the exact wording for the NRS0860 recruitment is as follows:

Candidates must posses a full un endorsed class c12 driving license within 12 months of commencement and also must posses a full un endorsed class d1 within 12 months of commencement of employment or within 12 months of reaching the age of 21.

AS sjb25 has said the guys who took up expressions of interest for the paramedic panel were told the d1 was no longer required. it may well be the same for us.

I wonder how many people got the alert from how many different panels?

I'm on the same panel GoProGaming. I understood that to mean the C1 is needed within 12 months of commencement of the panel?
    It would be great if the D1 is no longer required....on my second attempt of getting a C licence and it's not cheap!

I'm on the same panel GoProGaming. I understood that to mean the C1 is needed within 12 months of commencement of the panel?
    It would be great if the D1 is no longer required....on my second attempt of getting a C licence and it's not cheap!

I have both C and D1 really not cheap cost me over €1000 bout 5-600each in lessons test fees etc and I passed both first time big money

I got the c and c1 before i applied, Will have to get working on the d1 once i sign the dotted line.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lindyluu

Does anyone know why the starting pay on this post is so much less the EMD was starting at something around 25,800 this one is 20,800 wonder why it's so much less???

Does anyone know why the starting pay on this post is so much less the EMD was starting at something around 25,800 this one is 20,800 wonder why it's so much less???

Would love to know that myself.....

EMD is a higher grade/level than ECT

What happens next?

You have to wait now, though I would say you won't have to wait long as the start date is 23/02, best of luck to you

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pad083

You have to wait now, though I would say you won't have to wait long as the start date is 23/02, best of luck to you

Does anyone have any idea when the job offers will come out? I'm starting to worry if I did get it, I hope I have time to give my current job enough notice...:/ hopefully they're super quick :D

• Advertisement

No idea when you would hear, I don't remember getting a rejection notice last time is that right?

Again with the licence someone has told me that they will not be necessary for the EMD/ECT soon as well - someone who works there said that as far as they know they are changing it they're just not sure when. I didn't want to say that in case it is wrong but I see other chattering about it, I'm sure if the paramedics don't need it we definitely shouldn't. But that doesn't mean we won't. Seems unnecessary to me from the get go.

Recommendation to proceed emails were sent today-a deadline of 4pm tomorrow to reply. So I suposse if the positions are refused they will be offered to the next candidates?
    Good luck everyone who applied!

No idea when you would hear, I don't remember getting a rejection notice last time is that right?

Again with the licence someone has told me that they will not be necessary for the EMD/ECT soon as well - someone who works there said that as far as they know they are changing it they're just not sure when. I didn't want to say that in case it is wrong but I see other chattering about it, I'm sure if the paramedics don't need it we definitely shouldn't. But that doesn't mean we won't. Seems unnecessary to me from the get go.

It's only D1 that we on the student paramedic panel have been told is not required C1 still very much required
    And I'd imagine whatever happens C1 will be required for you guys to drive the mobile control units
    As I said before I'm not on your panel so can only speak for the student paramedic panel but would make sense if we don't need D1 you may not but the C1 will be still there I'd say

Recommendation to proceed emails were sent today-a deadline of 4pm tomorrow to reply. So I suposse if the positions are refused they will be offered to the next candidates?
    Good luck everyone who applied!

Would love to hear what numerical position on what panels the candidates who were offered these jobs were if anyone who was offered the position would enlighten me? I know this doesn't give a crystal clear picture as some, perhaps many, wouldn't have indicated interest, but it would give me some idea as to whether I would be as well waiting on two moons to rise.

I would say at this stage not many would publicly post up info from this point on as it would be easy to figure out who they are.
    To anyone who got an expression of interest i wish you the best of luck in the future.

I would say at this stage not many would publicly post up info from this point on as it would be easy to figure out who they are.
    To anyone who got an expression of interest i wish you the best of luck in the future.

Good point - Best of luck to all who applied!

Anyone know if all 7 ECT posts are now filled?

I would imagine so, there was strict deadlines for responces.

Here we go again ;)

• Advertisement

many offers this time round?

Advertisement