Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Truthie

They are now offering agency staff dispatch jobs ahead of those on the experienced panel. Some are on the panel some tried but did not make panel but are being offered jobs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Is it cpl again? That sucks arse!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 boyobill

So I take it thats the chances for the people waiting on the original inexperienced panel are over?

Panel is live until feb. When the new control room opens and is running at full steam we should be called. Positive vibes and all that!!

I highly doubt they would waste all that time and money on a recruitment campaign (oct13-feb14) and then not use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭adam88

Truthie wrote: »
    They are now offering agency staff dispatch jobs ahead of those on the experienced panel. Some are on the panel some tried but did not make panel but are being offered jobs anyway.

There not being offered full time permanent jobs I think. That's against their recruitment licence. All they can offer as far I know set contract jobs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

The agency staff were given the opportunity of a second panel for that was assembled for experienced staff with the AMPDS certification through another recruitment drive.

They weren't just "given" jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doggystyle

Einstein wrote: »
    The agency staff were given the opportunity of a second panel for that was assembled for experienced staff with the AMPDS certification through another recruitment drive.

They weren't just "given" jobs.

I have info from a source inside the hse NAS, i mentioned in an earlier post. The success of the recruitment campaign was depending on the agency staff applying for the jobs, as they were already trained up in AMPDS. Some or most i am led to believe, were unsuccessful either at testing or application / interview stage. That is why the NAS then readvertised the second recruitment campaign for "Qualified" despatchers. Who is qualified? Yes, of course, the agency
    staff are. It is a job i would have loved, but I gave up holding my breath a long long time ago people! The good 'oul NAS. The best ambulance service, the best uniforms, blah blah blah. Load of bull**** people!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

doggystyle wrote: »
    I have info from a source inside the hse NAS, i mentioned in an earlier post. The success of the recruitment campaign was depending on the agency staff applying for the jobs, as they were already trained up in AMPDS. Some or most i am led to believe, were unsuccessful either at testing or application / interview stage. That is why the NAS then readvertised the second recruitment campaign for "Qualified" despatchers. Who is qualified? Yes, of course, the agency
    staff are. It is a job i would have loved, but I gave up holding my breath a long long time ago people! The good 'oul NAS. The best ambulance service, the best uniforms, blah blah blah. Load of bull**** people!

There was a recruitment campaign for untrained call takers and dispatchers, the formed panel is currently been drawn from. If it is a job you would have loved did you not apply through that competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doggystyle

I did apply and was succesful enough to place well in the top 25 for ballyshannon! i wasnt aware they were drawing from this panel already?
    as i said, thats just what i heard from someone in the NAS, and then you think why did i even bother. but thats great news to hear. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Titanucd

There was an open competition for dispatch for which interviews were held in February. It was open to current HSE staff CPL staff and everyone else.

The NAS didn't get the people they wanted I.e the current CPL staff who were already qualified to do the job. This is largely because they failed at either the online assessment or the typing test.

This is a complete joke. Somebody somewhere thought it would make more sense to place more emphasis on a typing test than experience of doing the job. That somebody does not work for the NAS. No doubt that somebody works in a highly paid 9-5 public appointments office.
    So, the solution. Let's run a competition for qualified people. This should have been done in the first place with an external open competition to fill in any gaps still left AFTER this.

That would have made sense. It didn't happen and now here we are....

Best uniforms in the world though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Truthie

Apparently agency staff failed to qualify for the experienced panel but are being offered jobs regardless. They do not seem to care about hiring as per public jobs rules. They are just desperate to get Tallaght and Ballyshannon sorted. Sure its the public service.

Apparently agency staff failed to qualify for the experienced panel but are being offered jobs regardless.

That's quite a serious allegation. If you can back it up send me a PM. I'd be only too happy to cause trouble if this is true 😜

will we be like the paramedic panel who took them to court??

I would love a no BS assessment of when they will need to train new staff and at what sort of interval, surely with tallaght/ballyshannon opening there will be some spare seats to put bums on?

i rang manorhamilton the other day, they didnt provide me with many answers really, only that they havent taken from our panel yet, they have only trained call takers.

Which panel are you on? They have taken 6 (at least) from the "qualified" panel. They have signed contracts at this stage and they are training next week.

the one that advertised this time last year, nrs0860

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ?Seriously?

I am also on this panel and unfortunately have just about lost all hope of actually getting this job. 😞. (BUT, October is here, so have my fingers crossed something happens and soon.)

Ok so that's the one that was open to all. Yeah on that one as well as the "qualified" one. They haven't started on that one yet and probably won't until they've exhausted the "qualified" panel. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I wouldn't hold out much hope for movement anytime soon, I think they are still working from the panel I am on (keep getting emails with expression of interest, they have passed my panel number however I took another job instead). The panel I am on was created in late 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Numtum

The dispatcher panel that went live in Feb 14 has had 4 people taken from it..that was the recruitment that started this time last year. Ive been told that the classes after that were taken from the 2012 call taker panel

• Advertisement

The dispatcher panel that went live in Feb 14 has had 4 people taken from it..that was the recruitment that started this time last year. Ive been told that the classes after that were taken from the 2012 call taker panel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭adam88

How many times do you have to repeat yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 12,936 ✭✭✭✭flazio

adam88 wrote: »
    How many times do you have to repeat yourself

Most likely to be a fault with his/her input method

Is tallaght still planned to be open this month? Hopefully when it does go opperational it might kick start recruitment again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Is tallaght still planned to be open this month? Hopefully when it does go opperational it might kick start recruitment again

Recruitment hasn't stopped. Its still on going, it hasn't stopped. They can only take so many on per class. They are still taking from the panels and haven't stopped since they went live. Hang in there Go Pro. We will be seeing you in there hopefully soon

Advertisement