Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

well from my panel i meant, im keeping the faith, but last February when the panel went live, i honestly thought i'd be in the first class with the panel number i got.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Is tallaght still planned to be open this month? Hopefully when it does go opperational it might kick start recruitment again

No, it has been put back again as there appears to be issues in the IT area, possibly early 2015.

with the new ballyshannon center open and tallaght hopefully going live within a few weeks/ months/ years lol im hoping that would light a spark in the training of new dispatchers.

one can only dream.

Any rumors.good or bad knocking around?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Any rumors.good or bad knocking around?

Good luck to the new class starting today is all I have ! Hope your having a good first day

• Advertisement

ive heard from multiple sources over the weekend that the panel will be axed, and no further people will be trained from it.
    should we all ring manorhamilton together?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ?Seriously?

ive heard from multiple sources over the weekend that the panel will be axed, and no further people will be trained from it.

What's the logic behind that? Does Ballyshannon and Tallaght have enough trained staff now?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Titanucd

Both dispatch panels? Or is it the one that was open to everyone? Either way that's nuts if true!😦

i must stress this is unconfirmed rumor at the moment, but i have heard talk of the public panel being axed or let expire.

i must stress this is unconfirmed rumor at the moment, but i have heard talk of the public panel being axed or let expire.[/

I've been holding out for this job. Should I bothere getting my C licence at all? It's not looking good for this position at all :(

• Advertisement

rumor mill has run dry at present, sorry! Im looking into other options now myself as a backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

There is a class of trainee call takers currently in the college and a new class is due to commence in the near future.
    I really don't know where the rumours are stemming from but I would advise you ignore them. Currently there is not a need for huge numbers of new staff but with the advancements in the Tallaght location the number of control staff required is set to rise, but you all knew that already ;)

That's the problem of being on a panel so long, any bit of info or rumor knocking around is jumped on.

Hopefully tallaght opens before this panel expires in feb!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭sjb25

That's the problem of being on a panel so long, any bit of info or rumor knocking around is jumped on.

Hopefully tallaght opens before this panel expires in feb!

I'd say they would extend the panel I'm not on this panel but I'd assume it would be run similar to the paramedic one and they normally extend the panel rather than go to the expense of runing another recruitment with most Likely a lot the same people so I'd say the will extend it I wouldn't be to worried over the expire date

As for rumours they would drive you crazy if you let them better of ignoring it all only thing anybody will know for sure is if manor contact YOU and say it to YOU everything else is just rumour good or bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I don't want to set the cat among the pigeons here, but there was a post advertised for Emergency Call Takers in Ballyshannon at the end of October/beginning of November. Is there currently a panel for Ballyshannon or just Tallaght?

I don't want to set the cat among the pigeons here, but there was a post advertised for Emergency Call Takers in Ballyshannon at the end of October/beginning of November. Is there currently a panel for Ballyshannon or just Tallaght?

I have received an expression of interest email for Emergency Call Taker in Tallaght. Temporary, 2year.
    It will not change my placing on the EMD panel (if I'm reading it correctly).
    Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lindyluu

Yes I've received the same and I read it the same way that in those 2yrs that we will be staying on our panel and will be offered EMD if it arises! A lot of thinking to be done this weekend!!!

Was not expecting that email today.
    Same here, alot of thinking to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pad083

Was not expecting that email today.
    Same here, alot of thinking to do.

Does anyone know the starting salary for this role? Is it really 20,868? They didn't circle a rate like they did for the EMD role?

Pad083 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the starting salary for this role? Is it really 20,868? They didn't circle a rate like they did for the EMD role?
    the basic pay for the emd role was something like 25,868

• Advertisement

the basic pay for the emd role was something like 25,868

And the call taker role?

20,868 as you said. but add in unsocial hours pay and yearly increments the longer you stay in the role.

I'm quite worried now can someone remember what's the rule with the licence? I'm on the EMD panel and I thought it was within one year of taking up the position? Now I'm worried it might be one year of panel going live ðŸ˜

I'm quite worried now can someone remember what's the rule with the licence? I'm on the EMD panel and I thought it was within one year of taking up the position? Now I'm worried it might be one year of panel going live ðŸ˜

The C1 licence? That was within one year of the panel going live (I've my test in a few weeks)
    It's the D1 within a year of employment to the role.

The C1 licence? That was within one year of the panel going live (I've my test in a few weeks)
    It's the D1 within a year of employment to the role.

Oh crap when did the panel go live please tell me

It Said in another email that candidate must have full c1 and d1 within 12months of commencing employment.

Lindyluu wrote: »
    It Said in another email that candidate must have full c1 and d1 within 12months of commencing employment.

Ok maybe there is a difference between the two posts? I'm very worried now. I can't believe I would've missed this point FS. It was only cause I read something way earlier in this thread where someone queried it but it wasn't actually answered ðŸ˜

Ok maybe there is a difference between the two posts? I'm very worried now. I can't believe I would've missed this point FS. It was only cause I read something way earlier in this thread where someone queried it but it wasn't actually answered ðŸ˜

Does anyone know is manorhamilton open to call about queries on a Saturday?

Pad083 wrote: »
    Does anyone know is manorhamilton open to call about queries on a Saturday?

I don't suppose so 😔 I feel very very worried now ! Hot dang

• Advertisement

I'm on EMD panel too this information was on the email they sent out last Feb/March time with the 4 posts,I'm in the same boat myself!

Advertisement