Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Snow Lovers Appreciation Society Winter 2014/15 #MOD NOTE #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,747 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Shouting to the heavens or to anyone who will listen that the fix is in, that the sky is falling and when it hits it's gonna be the snow-storm of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭elecktras weather bomb

NY metro area looking at a potential historic snowstorm. 30+ inches with strong winds. Blizzards, massive drifting on the cards. We should be seeing some amazing pictures/videos from that...regardless of what happens here.

just watched interview on fox news and can you believe no school closures its at parents discretion if they send their children or not..........unbelievable but news presenter herself advised people to stay at home..........lunacy! makes me feel bad looking for a snow day for a few centimetres of the white stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,063 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Lucreto wrote: »
    Can't wait to see youtube videos and pictures of this.

Not snowing yet but might be something to check in the morning
    http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/?cam=gts1

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

GT your in Casblanca ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    Do you ever say anything positive :D i'd be suicidal going for a beer with you,all doom and gloom and that's just with
    the weather

Planting trees is a very positive activity especially when so many were lost in storm last year.. Am planning similar here.. realism is not doom and gloom and besides there is the feeling that he is tempting fate..and we will wait to see who gets the last laugh on this :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

just watched interview on fox news and can you believe no school closures its at parents discretion if they send their children or not..........unbelievable but news presenter herself advised people to stay at home..........lunacy! makes me feel bad looking for a snow day for a few centimetres of the white stuff!

My family in BC tell me there is a huge storm heading their way.. Maybe MT will mention this...not sure if they mean snow,,spoke of the worst storm in memory

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

An aggressive forecast from ME on their website, Mts forecast seemed a bit reserved, snow on the hills Wednesday night. Do I detect an overnight downgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,063 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

NMB wrote: »

GT your in Casblanca ?

no, not really, south west ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Models are firming up alright on the whole ground hog day pattern we are in
    That colder than ever air in the states again is the c0ck blocking to any kind of Atlantic blocking for now
    It has to be mid February before that can wash out of the system if it started now but there's no sign of it at the moment
    Models are shortening but not weakening the up coming snap
    When this one goes,another one will probably be along in a week or two
    So the headline is,if you've seen brief snow to date,you will see it again, a thaw,normality for a week or two,then more of the same
    Our hope for something more sustainable is events high up in the strat but that can't happen until late February

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Some new snow depth records registered at weather stations in Norway

r%C3%B8ldal2.jpg?updated=250120151413

r%C3%B8ldal1.jpg?updated=250120151413

roldal4.jpg?updated=250120151108

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Can you imagine waking up in the morning with 30inches in your garden? I would be shocked.
    e6b05d84aa03333b6935b6076aa7dfcf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The record for Boston is 27.5 inches of snow from February 2003. Record under threat.

RobertKK wrote: »
    The record for Boston is 27.5 inches of snow from February 2003. Record under threat.
    Imagine that snow fall here in Ireland?

Had fog the other week on the M50 and it took near 2 hours to get to work:D a couple of inches of snow a few years ago and the country came to an absolute halt, but 27 bloody inches!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Had fog the other week on the M50 and it took near 2 hours to get to work:D a couple of inches of snow a few years ago and the country came to an absolute halt, but 27 bloody inches!!:eek:

It'll be like Armageddon!

When I moved into a mountain cottage in Leitrim, back in 2002, they regaled me with tales of one year there had been snow up to the roof there. Not sure what year.

met have changed back to wintry Wednesday

jamo2oo9 wrote: »

Not at all..just snow in places where they are used to it and make no fuss

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

jamo2oo9 wrote: »

Snomageddon

Graces7 wrote: »
    When I moved into a mountain cottage in Leitrim, back in 2002, they regaled me with tales of one year there had been snow up to the roof there. Not sure what year.
    When I was a nipper back in Glasgow, we used to have snow up to the top of the hedge every year, then in 81/82 I think it was it was the worst id seen (maybe getting years mixed up) but was up the top of window's in the house, was great being a kid back then with constant snow events:D

When I was a nipper back in Glasgow, we used to have snow up to the top of the hedge every year, then in 81/82 I think it was it was the worst id seen (maybe getting years mixed up) but was up the top of window's in the house, was great being a kid back then with constant snow events:D

There is a verse from TS Eliot I always think of when I read comments like this.. " Age and forgetfulness sweeten memory"... Ah but Glasgow! In the cottage I was in they were trying to scare me. I was over ten years younger then and even less fearful than I am now. Would not worry me at all except for the safety of my critters. That would be my undoing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 GreyRock Lass

RobertKK wrote: »

I was living in Boston from Dec '01 - Dec 07 & I remember some fab unbelievable snow events! I lived in Wollaston & one year people were on their skis - easier to get up & down the streets!
    My brother lived in NY & back in 95 or 96 they had a massive snowstorm & he got snowed in at work- an Irish pub in Manhattan!!! Happy Days!
    What I wouldn't give to be over there this week....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Some nice wintry scenes from NYC webcams...

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/?cam=tsrobo3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Ahem!
    uksnowrisk.png
    my god, its beautiful.

Ahem!
    uksnowrisk.png
    my god, its beautiful.
    drool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I need a rest. Have been looking at the times square webcam for the last 15 mins! Looks like something from a movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

I need a rest. Have been looking at the times square webcam for the last 15 mins! Looks like something from a movie.

Me too think it will be a long night for me watching :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Near enough whiteout scenes in Times Square! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ken76

Sorry for sounding stupid, but does red- orange on map mean snow? Will Dublin, specifically sth Dublin get snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Going to get pretty epic in New York by the looks of it, we can only dream!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement