Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Devastator wrote: »
    :eek: cant get over so many people backing Schuab!?!?! :eek:

why?

Big Browns the man, he's a funny ****er main reason I picked him, that and every heavyweight can beat each other bar Cain obliviously. I think he's to high a price at 3/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

ASOT wrote: »
    Big Browns the man, he's a funny ****er main reason I picked him, that and every heavyweight can beat each other bar Cain obliviously. I think he's to high a price at 3/1.

I don't see Schuab having any chance. I like him but when looking at the fightcard this is the fight I thought it looked the most 1 sided

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

Unless Travis Browne is damaged goods after Werdum he should have way too much for Schaub who is that average I've only just recently been able to tell what he looks like

I have multiple bets on tonight all small, but half are for Hopa and the other half for Schaub. Now I hate Schaub but I have a feeling he might grind out a points decision. Would be foolish of him to stand and trade. We'll see anyway!

Trujilo
    Samman
    Schaub
    Lawler

Have a few quid on this at 60/1, think Schaub is way overpriced at nearly 3/1.

Also have a small amount on this for giggles.

Lawler KO
    Pettis Sub
    Trujilo KO
    Samman KO

531/1

I decided not to back the second bet in the end il be absolutely sick if it comes in .....

• Advertisement

Well I'm happy I got my 2 small bets in. I didnt post them last night because everytime I post them they get beat so I think I'm scudding them but last couple of times I've not posted & won :D

Only small but put cover beat on Hendricks, thought up until the read out the decision I made a very smart move lol still can't get over Lawler winning.

Schuab was made too look pretty ridiculous :( I like the fella but he didn't look to give Browne any trouble

Ugh I had Faber by sub, browne by KO, Pettis by Sub and Lawlor by KO on a nice bet. 20 seconds away from a big payday!

Just wondering does anyone here play oblg? The boxing/ufc competition is pretty easy because most people seem to bet on boxing but I stick to UFC betting on it and won money the last 3 months & in 1st place(clearly) after last nights ufc 181. Hopefully no bad defeat rest of the month and pocket some more money :)

If few people are interested we could even try setting up a boards team

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

Lads,
    Is there anywhere doing bets on the upcoming fight night (Junior v Miocic)? Can only find a few bets for the main fight, nothing for the undercard. Also, anywhere taking bets on WSOF card on the same night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

johnybean wrote: »
    Lads,
    Is there anywhere doing bets on the upcoming fight night (Junior v Miocic)? Can only find a few bets for the main fight, nothing for the undercard. Also, anywhere taking bets on WSOF card on the same night?

Unibet have odds for all UFC events. Can't see anything about WSOF on there.

They also have CM Punk to win a title by 2016 at 100/1. My lock of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Unibet have odds for all UFC events. Can't see anything about WSOF on there.

They also have CM Punk to win a title by 2016 at 100/1. My lock of the week.

i know at 100/1 it will only be small stakes but he probably wont fight till feb/march and you would imagine he will be given a few easy fights to get him going.

Will be nowhere near a title by 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,038 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

rogieop wrote: »
    Will be nowhere near a title by 2016.

Really?

This weekend
    UFC Matches Rafael Dos
    Anjos v Nathan Diaz
    14­12­2014 02:00
    Match Betting
    Nathan Diaz @ 2/1
    UFC Matches Alistair
    Overeem v Stefan Struve
    14­12­2014 01:30
    Match Betting
    Stefan Struve @ 12/5
    UFC Matches Junior Dos
    Santos v Stipe Miocic
    14­12­2014 02:30
    Match Betting

2/7
    World Series Of Fighting
    Jon Fitch v Rousimar
    Palhares
    Match Betting

8/11
    UFC Matches Gabriel
    Gonzaga v Matt Mitrione
    14­12­2014 01:00
    Match Betting

evens

roughly 45 to 1 I think

Also went for method of victory picks for the lols

Struve KO
    Junior KO
    Diaz sub and Palhares for the win (They dont have M.O.V. picks for WSOF fights, would have loved to pick Palhares for the win via femur removal :D )
    fiver returns 700 odd

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭rocally

Carla Esparza looks overpriced to me @5/4 - People are getting carried away with the Namajunas hype train

This weekend
    UFC Matches Rafael Dos
    Anjos v Nathan Diaz
    Match Betting
    Nathan Diaz @ 2/1
    UFC Matches Alistair
    Overeem v Stefan Struve
    14­12­2014 01:30
    Match Betting
    Stefan Struve @ 12/5
    UFC Matches Junior Dos
    Santos v Stipe Miocic
    14­12­2014 02:30
    Match Betting

2/7
    World Series Of Fighting
    Jon Fitch v Rousimar
    Palhares
    Match Betting

8/11
    UFC Matches Gabriel
    Gonzaga v Matt Mitrione
    14­12­2014 01:00
    Match Betting

evens

roughly 45 to 1 I think

Also went for method of victory picks for the lols

Struve KO
    Junior KO
    Diaz sub and Palhares for the win (They dont have M.O.V. picks for WSOF fights, would have loved to pick Palhares for the win via femur removal :D )
    fiver returns 700 odd

That really is a great bet imo, gutted theres no Palhares by Sub would have touched the grand mark id say!

That really is a great bet imo, gutted theres no Palhares by Sub would have touched the grand mark id say!

Thanks ASOT, but for the love of god, please dont use my picks. That would be the ASOT kiss of death :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

I wouldn't touch Struve with a barge pole lads. He's been stopped by strikes against any good striker he's faced. Long layoff and question marks about his health also.

I know Overeem has been poor lately, but u Struve just isn't very good.

weemcd wrote: »
    I wouldn't touch Struve with a barge pole lads. He's been stopped by strikes against any good striker he's faced. Long layoff and question marks about his health also.

I know Overeem has been poor lately, but u Struve just isn't very good.

True, but those good strikers are Hunt, Brown and Nelson, some of the heaviest one punch strikers in the division, I dont think overeem is on that level. Since he came of his "vitamins" he is a shoadow of his former self and the only glimmer of the old Reem was when i knee'd a failing Brock Lesnar. Win over Mir wasn't impressive and I think there will be more pressure on Reem to win than Struve.
    Also, I cant stand the f***er :D

True, but those good strikers are Hunt, Brown and Nelson, some of the heaviest one punch strikers in the division, I dont think overeem is on that level. Since he came of his "vitamins" he is a shoadow of his former self and the only glimmer of the old Reem was when i knee'd a failing Brock Lesnar. Win over Mir wasn't impressive and I think there will be more pressure on Reem to win than Struve.
    Also, I cant stand the f***er :D

Agree with all of this tbh, The Reem doesnt sound confident in himself atall either judging by any of his recent interviews. Struve has a point to prove and hopefully will go out and do it on Saturday!

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can people use or at least warn for spoilers if they are talking about TUF finale!! Not everyone has gotten round to watching the last episode but theres not much point in me watching it now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,038 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Devastator wrote: »
    FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can people use or at least warn for spoilers if they are talking about TUF finale!! Not everyone has gotten round to watching the last episode but theres not much point in me watching it now!!!

TBH its still worth watching for the nudity :D

Mellor wrote: »
    TBH its still worth watching for the nudity :D

:eek:

downloading now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

is 8/11 on palhares to beat fitch an absolute gift?

it really looks it to me as much as i'd hate to see him win

really dont see how dos anjos wont beat diaz but is only 2/5

tempted by struve also at 5/2 to beat overeem absence or not

mailburner wrote: »
    is 8/11 on palhares to beat fitch an absolute gift?

it really looks it to me as much as i'd hate to see him win

really dont see how dos anjos wont beat diaz but is only 2/5

tempted by struve also at 5/2 to beat overeem absence or not

Dont see how Fitch is beating him, id say Palhares wins 99 out of 100 times, wonder which limb hes going to take this time.

Dont see how Fitch is beating him, id say Palhares wins 99 out of 100 times, wonder which limb hes going to take this time.

Fitch at one point had the best sub defence of any guy in the UFC, so I would say he wins this fight more often then not. Only thing is fitch could well be finished now and only after a paycheque.

Looking at some prelim odds tonight, Joanne Calderwood is huge favourite against a top level korean girl who has a good MMA and kickboxing record. Calderwood didn't look good enough to deserve her 5-1 on status. Could be a nice one for an accumulator to beef it up!

Ben Saunders favourite against Joe Riggs!! WTF is that about!

rocally wrote: »
    Carla Esparza looks overpriced to me @5/4 - People are getting carried away with the Namajunas hype train

6/4 :eek:

that can't be right
    I was certain she'd be favourite myself :confused:

Its Roses submission skills, doesn't look like anyone can hang with them. Both her last two fights were pretty awesome submissions it seems the women at this weight aren't physically strong enough to fight off attempts we are used to seeing men power out of.
    Amazing considering Rose's slight frame.

I don't see her getting esparza down though myself unless esparza takes
    her down and gets caught but I don't see her falling into that trap
    stand up should be even enough although I was very impressed with
    esparzas stand up v penne

• Advertisement

Yeah I was impressed too with her standup vs Penne. But Penne was just throwing 1-2's for the whole fight, very basic and unimaginative. Rose's striking is much more based around kicks, and wild kicks that surely will result in takedowns, Carla would probably take her down out of habit even if she didn't want to go to the ground.
    Its a tough call though, we'll see what Rose is made of, Carla is tough and well rounded.

Advertisement