Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Black Friday Deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Got those headphones nice one for the heads up cos Im only looking at the .de site

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

God my life is exciting. Got the 18 nappy bin cassettes for 39.99 this morning. As three recently cost me 19.99 it's a great Deal. But the thought of that many nappies still fills me with dread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,330 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

adox wrote: »
    Philips LivingColors Iris Colour Changing Mood Light - Black (Integrated 1 x 10 Watts LED Bulb, Remote Control) - £46.99

Is this a good price? Been interested in one of these for a while.
    That is ok I would say.
    I got the LivingColors Iris about a year or two back for 50 pounds ish and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

gmisk wrote: »
    That is ok I would say.
    I got the LivingColors Iris about year or two back for 50 pounds ish and love it.

Cheers, yeah thats the same product.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Got the GF a few Disney DVD's over the last few days, she's gonna be delighted :P

Just need a chromecast to come up in the flash deals now and I'll be sorted..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,330 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I would go for it then defo good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭manuhalo

Is this a good deal for this monitor? Anyone have any experience with AOC monitors? Particularly for gaming

I ordered a 24-inch one on the first day of deals on amazon (AOC e2460Sh 24 inch LED Monitor) for 99£, it's still going for about 105. I will also use it mainly for gaming. The few reviews I read were all enthusiastic but I haven't received mine yet, so cannot comment. Mind you, mine has a much lower response time (1ms vs 5ms), no idea how much that's going to be noticeable but supposedly these things do matter for gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Got those headphones, that's the brother's Christmas gift sorted at least.

Might jump on the Deadwood collection later and will certainly pounce on the Hannibal Seasons 1-2 Bluray. Was disgusted I missed it first time out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

does the .de site send electronics to Ireland. Where on the site does it have this information?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Grabbed my first deal, the Soundmagic E30s 70% discount, had one of their similar pairs a few years back and paid 30 for them then, my favourite earphones I've owned! Happy enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Hyzepher wrote: »
    does the .de site send electronics to Ireland. Where on the site does it have this information?
    I can categorically guarantee that Germany does ship to Ireland.
    I ordered a Samsung Galaxy Note II to Dublin and it arrived without a hitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭bren2001

Grabbed my first deal, the Soundmagic E30s 70% discount, had one of their similar pairs a few years back and paid 30 for them then, my favourite earphones I've owned! Happy enough

I said I would buy nothing......... Thank you hobbit of the shire, thank you. Now to watch my money slowly drain away over the rest of the week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I can categorically guarantee that Germany does ship to Ireland.
    I ordered a Samsung Galaxy Note II to Dublin and it arrived without a hitch.

you think they would send a AV Receiver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I've bought from them in the past, no problems.
    Check seller is Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Did the same. Bought meelectronics last week but were faulty so sending back today, happier to be getting these too

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Barry5714

you think they would send a AV Receiver?

Don't know how they decide what they send and don't send..

Marantz AV Reciver on offer at the moment [Waiting list Full] which they will send and a Yamaha one at 2pm which they won't...

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Went to get the 3TB HDD after 1 second and they were 100% claimed? WTF??

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭racersedge

pedatron wrote: »

Glad I'm not the only one who was met with that head scratching moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

racersedge wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one who was met with that head scratching moment....

It was literally 1 second. No more. I smell a rat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Quite often Amazon.de will not ship to Ireland but will send the same item to the UK. It's worth trying with a Parcel Motel account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Yeah, me too but got on the waiting list and did manage to get one when it came down the list a bit.

Just a huge amount of interest, I suppose. Or a small amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

How much did it drop? I thought it was only a 10 GBP drop? :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ah dude, sorry about that :P, I had my finger on the click while the screen was refreshing at 12:40 and got one, next best price is actually Argos, they have them for €101.99 with a €10 gift card.
    I've picked up a few bits and pieces and if you purchase an item for sale by Amazon themselves (versus another seller) you can pick up a 16gig MicroSD for £4.71 as an add-on item...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Anyone have any experience with a german keyboard?

Looking at this specifically, it Says German QWERTY layout, as its QWERTY the key layout should be the same, but would there be any other differences?

I work in Switzerland and have only just gotten used to the keyboards, I would imagine there are many more differences besides QWERTY for symbols etc, although most of the ones here are QWERTZ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Julez wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience with a german keyboard?

Looking at this specifically, it Says German QWERTY layout, as its QWERTY the key layout should be the same, but would there be any other differences?

Says QWERTZ on that page , which will make your keyboard look like this
    900px-KB_Germany.svg.png
    Not worth it

Ok if it is a QWERTZ definitely dont buy it as said above

• Registered Users Posts: 27,938 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I clicked bang on time and didn't get one. Need one for the Xbox :(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kleine Hundin

It says on the amazon.de website for that product in english.

Information about keyboard layout: If not specified otherwise in the item name or description, you will receive this product with a German layout (QWERTZ), if the product you are buying is dispatched from and sold by Amazon.de. If the product is dispatched from and sold by third-party sellers please see their offer descriptions before ordering.

Now I live in Germany, and I just change the language layout if using QWERTZ and don't look at the keyboard. But I'm a touch typer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dareden

Just tried to purchase the €99 Kindle Fire 7" HDX on the amazon.de site and it won't accept either an Irish or UK address.

I just feel stupid buying it for €125 on the .co.uk site, when they are selling it €26 euro cheaper.

Maybe i'm just better off getting the Kindle Fire HD 6" in argos for €99. It's a present for my mother so the specs aren't so important.

Fingers crossed something else comes up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement