Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Black Friday Deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Beware Amazon are now forcing Amazon currency converter by default on transactions in foreign currencies. They charge a worse exchange rate than the banks, which saying something.
    Make sure and untick it before checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Deadwood Seasons 1-3 Boxset. €15.

Too good to pass on. Thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

dareden wrote: »
    Just tried to purchase the €99 Kindle Fire 7" HDX on the amazon.de site and it won't accept either an Irish or UK address.

I just feel stupid buying it for €125 on the .co.uk site, when they are selling it €26 euro cheaper.

I got one on Monday using MailboxDE.com, as recommended here. It arrived there from Amazon yesterday - 1 day later - impressive. Postage from MailboxDE cost 12.87 in total (so €111.87 altogether), though they haven't forwarded it on yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I call shenanigans. I clicked on the Pixar boxset before it came up and it was around 60-something pounds. Now they're claiming the knockdown price of £59.99 from £99.99. Shenanigans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Got the Philips wireless headphones for £39.90 down from £120. :)

I'm now changing the host file on my computer so I cannot access Amazon for the rest of the day lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I call shenanigans. I clicked on the Pixar boxset before it came up and it was around 60-something pounds. Now they're claiming the knockdown price of £59.99 from £99.99. Shenanigans!

They always do that. Just use camel camel to see historic pricing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

False alert, they have both the DVD and Blu-ray boxsets in the sale. The DVD one is knocked down to £44.

Edit: just picked it up with a gift cert I had £16 left on so got it for £28. Good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

There was 2 different box sets, one blueray £100 before reduction and standard DVD £60 before reduction, you might have mixed them up?

I'm looking at the titanfall headset on offer later anyone know if they are worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

As an aside, if anyone is looking for a good bluetooth speaker I recommend the Earson ER151. Got easily and cheaply ~22e from Aliexpress. I got mine a month ago after happening upon great reviews for it while looking for BOSE reviews.

The sound is very good, it connects really fast as soon as I walk in the door after work and the battery lasts a long time.

Its also very rugged and supposedly waterproof/splashproof.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/YYFree-shipping-EARSON-ER151-Wireless-Bluetooth-Car-Home-Stereo-Speakers-Waterproof-FZ015/1871275140.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

You can add the CamelCamel extension in chrome so you can just hover over the ivon in the address bar to get the price history

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

always add to baskets or join waitlist, people decide after adding to baskets. I learnt that last year when I was amazed that people bought before thinking............

• Registered Users Posts: 27,876 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hococop wrote: »
    There was 2 different box sets, one blueray £100 before reduction and standard DVD £60 before reduction, you might have mixed them up?

I'm looking at the titanfall headset on offer later anyone know if they are worth it?

I'm looking at those as well. Seem good if they come to 35/40.
    I ordered a set of XO ones on Saturday so might have to return them when they arrive if I jump on these.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

will56 wrote: »
    You can add the CamelCamel extension in chrome so you can just hover over the ivon in the address bar to get the price history

Firefox too!
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/the-camelizer-price-history-ch/?src=ss

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Sammy 840 evo 250GB at 72 GBP, that's pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

As an aside, if anyone is looking for a good bluetooth speaker I recommend the Earson ER151. Got easily and cheaply ~22e from Aliexpress. I got mine a month ago after happening upon great reviews for it while looking for BOSE reviews.

The sound is very good, it connects really fast as soon as I walk in the door after work and the battery lasts a long time.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/YYFree-shipping-EARSON-ER151-Wireless-Bluetooth-Car-Home-Stereo-Speakers-Waterproof-FZ015/1871275140.html

Sounds good but would it not be subject to customs?

Any Euro stores I could try as I need one for boogieing in the shower.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Sammy 840 evo 250GB at 72 GBP, that's pretty good.

Won't ship to Ireland? Which would add the Parcel Motel fee (€3.99) to the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

no customs at 22 yoyos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Fnz wrote: »
    Won't ship to Ireland? Which would add the Parcel Motel fee (€3.99) to the price.

got it with super saver free delivery for 72.99 stg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

The who and what now?

Yes they ship to Ireland...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Cheers, been looking for something like this for a while ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Danger781 wrote: »
    Got the GF a few Disney DVD's over the last few days, she's gonna be delighted :P

Just need a chromecast to come up in the flash deals now and I'll be sorted..
    Its on at £25 at the moment, £5 off

link

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

NATLOR wrote: »
    Its on at £25 at the moment, £5 off

link
    34 euro in argos.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

That ukulele will be mine.

TheDriver wrote: »
    got it with super saver free delivery for 72.99 stg
    The who and what now?

Yes they ship to Ireland...

"Fulfilled by Amazon... Sorry, we can't deliver this item to Ireland" :confused:

That's what it said by the product on my screen. I clicked through to the SSD a few minutes before the deal went live, so didn't bother trying to grab one.

Doesn't say it on the page now.

Good to know that the message is not to be trusted in future, I guess.

[Edit] Reckon the default seller switched when the deal went live. Still shows the message if you navigate to the product via the search box - sold by Entrepôt électronique! here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-250GB-Basic-Solid-State/dp/B00E3W1726/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1417020588&sr=1-1&keywords=evo+250gb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

"Fulfilled by Amazon... Sorry, we can't deliver this item to Ireland" :confused:

That's what it said by the product on my screen. I clicked through to the SSD a few minutes before the deal went live, so didn't bother trying to grab one.

Good to know that the message is not to be trusted in future, I guess.

I think before the deal it was showing the product, as fulfilled by amzon, but by a third party seller, then when it went the deal went live it was sold by Amazon itself, so then it would deliver to Ireland.

Julez wrote: »
    I think before the deal it was showing the product, as fulfilled by amzon, but by a third party seller, then when it went the deal went live it was sold by Amazon itself, so then it would deliver to Ireland.

Silly Amazon... those tricksters sure fooled me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Tried getting a camera bag on DE and it wouldn't ship to Ireland or PM
    MaManaged to bag a kite though on the UK site to PM. roll on next summer :)

Just picked up the Turtle Beach Titanfall Headset for £45. It is in Argos for €150!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Amazon.fr have a Google Nexus 9 on offer at 6.20pm for those of you that want the latest and greatest. Current price is €465.00.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement