Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Black Friday Deals

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

degsie wrote: »
    And lassies :)

And robots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

I had this problem before and just got on to live chat and told them I was currently in the ROI and they gave me a new return label for Irish returns without any hassle.

Like wise. Amazon customer service is amazing. I've had to return a lot to Amazon over the years.. Never had an issue. Even the last time when they wanted to charge me. I hopped onto the chat and 2mins later I got a free return.

Basically why I'll keep buying anything I can from amazon and not local shops or rival websites. Unbeatable service

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

I've had great experience with Amazon customer service and would continue to buy from them. Had issue with two year old TV. Out of warranty but no problem in returning it. Was sent label for Amazon in Dublin, brought TV to post office and off it went. Receipt confirmed by email a couple days later and full refund issued a couple days after that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Guys I need a little help and not sure if this is the fight forum.

I ordered a coffee machine from amazon and it turned out to be broken. I've arranged to return it now but I originally ordered through parcel motel so they sent me a royal mail return label.

Do I return the machine through Parcel Motel selecting Royal mail in the drop down or just bring it to the Post office ?

I hope you got sorted out ok :P

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just regarding the whole EUR vs GBP thing, it is normally better to let Amazon do it in Euro for low amounts, say under €50, then above that leave it as Sterling. This is because your bank usually has a minimum amount to charge as their cut, so for low amounts, the % amount is lower than the minimum amount. In saying that, the difference would be very small anyway, but there you go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Every now and again I remember to test this...noting how much I would have paid in Euro via amazon Vs how much I did pay in sterling and allowing my bank to convert/charge...every time sterling has been cheaper, it fluctuates and sometimes the difference is marginal, but it's always been beneficial for me to buy in sterling. I bought something today, amazon euro price was €32.56, I'll try to remember to post back once they've charged my card.

Just bumping this because the charge finally went through, bizarrely enough (post-exchange) €32.56 is what I was charged, exactly what amazons own conversion would have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

yea they are slow to take the money alright, i had my stuff delivered and all and four days later the money came out!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

For those interested the Crucial SSD CT512M550SSD1 512GB M550 deal is coming up again today at 1PM

411%2BtOkrxmL._AA135_.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

What's that ssd likely to go for? Hubby looking for one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

slave1 wrote: »
    For those interested the Crucial SSD CT512M550SSD1 512GB M550 deal is coming up again today at 1PM

411%2BtOkrxmL._AA135_.jpg

I'm on the lookout for a smaller size...it seems there's not many takers for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Seeing as this thread isn't closed, shall we use it for the 2016 one?

Any tips of preparations for Black Friday / Cyber Monday on Amazon regarding how to get notified as soon as something you want appears on sale?

Is CamelCamel good enough for that or too slow to update?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

BF will be for 12 days this year starting 25th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

BF will be for 12 days this year starting 25th November.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

mrcheez wrote: »
    Seeing as this thread isn't closed, shall we use it for the 2016 one?

Any tips of preparations for Black Friday / Cyber Monday on Amazon regarding how to get notified as soon as something you want appears on sale?

Is CamelCamel good enough for that or too slow to update?

I think its better to start a new thread when some details are confirmed

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement