Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Black Friday Deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

p15574 wrote: »
    I'd never accept currency conversion by a website, I'd always pay in the website's currency and let my bank convert. I think this is a kind of Ryanair-like thing, an extra revenue stream by giving these "sub-optimal" fx rates. I think there's a setting in your Amazon account to say whether to allow conversion or not.

Edit: It's "Turn On / Turn Off Amazon Currency Converter" in the "Payment & GC" section

Yes same here, there is a button on payment that you can click for sterling at the payment page.

"Knowledge can save you money"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

slave1 wrote: »
    Picked up a Transcend DrivePro 100 and 9-LED Torch and 3-LED Head Light Set for £59.48

Ah boll1x, I cancelled the order to add more stuff to it (for free delivery) and now I can't avail of these again as they're marked as 'claimed', live and learn!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

I would put a note on conversion during order and verify what was actually charged. Some Irish cards charge a lot like BoI ones, so sometimes those conversions are good deal - however never on Ryanair... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

So far I have bought the box of retro sweets , xmen DVD and a leapfrog toy. Love Black Friday. Also saved myself over 100 euro with Black Friday discount code on a clothes site too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

polydactyl wrote: »
    So far I have bought the box of retro sweets , xmen DVD and a leapfrog toy. Love Black Friday. Also saved myself over 100 euro with Black Friday discount code on a clothes site too!

Can you share the discount code and clothes site ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

The 5 movie Superman bluray collection coming up in 4 mins is £10 before discount, so could be good (excluding delivery)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Great present for the hubbie: Box set of clint eastwood dvd's coming up this evening, - right when I have training! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

will56 wrote: »

Ditto!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Ditto!

I guess he is talking about Sportsdirect.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

The wacom intuos for 55e, good deal you think?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Is the Kitsound soundbar any good? Mixed reviews...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The wacom intuos for 55e, good deal you think?

Cant see that?

Cant see that?

Its there alright on amazon.de , ends in 1hr 18min. Reckon its a good deal? It was 100% reserved very quickly but has dropped to 86% now
    http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00ME7HE5Q/ref=gb1h_tit_c-3_3067_81fd7126?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-3&pf_rd_r=0PZGHFJAA2P5N95YSWNQ&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=560113067

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

link to wake up light?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

got a pair of the V-MODA LPs for £49.99!!! Thanks OP :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

Wonder how much this SSD will drop to
    Crucial CT512MX100SSD1 512GB,even though half that capacity would be fine for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Its there alright on amazon.de , ends in 1hr 18min. Reckon its a good deal? It was 100% reserved very quickly but has dropped to 86% now
    http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00ME7HE5Q/ref=gb1h_tit_c-3_3067_81fd7126?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-3&pf_rd_r=0PZGHFJAA2P5N95YSWNQ&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=560113067

Well rated and probably a good start if you want to try out a drawing tablet. Wacom make the best tablets, bought the pro recently after looking them all up.

I havent seen the price go lower than you see there.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

I seem to be getting F'ed in the A by Amazons exchange rate. They converted £75 into €108

Got charged €44.62 on £34 by Amazon which is €1.75 above going rate.My bank charges €1.75 for tranaction plus €43.50 exchange rate so dearer to pay in sterling.

Well rated and probably a good start if you want to try out a drawing tablet. Wacom make the best tablets, bought the pro recently after looking them all up.

I havent seen the price go lower than you see there.

I need it for Photoshop, particularly for selecting objects in picturew for editing. Sick of using lasoo tool with the mouse.

will56 wrote: »

Hey sorry I was offline it's for Desigual the code is PREBF25

• Advertisement

I guess he is talking about Sportsdirect.com

Nope "she" was talking about Desigual :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oat23 wrote: »
    Been waiting since 8.30am for the rice cooker and they offer it with 66% off. Nice one.

Wc3f65C.png

The f*ckers lowered the price of it to £17.70 today. Thought I got a great bargain yesterday and now I'm only saving £0.71p

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SF20010CDWM-Sushi-Maker-Cooker-Litre/dp/B0099NVK6M/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1416921694&sr=8-25&keywords=rice+cooker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Zzippy wrote: »
    Is the Kitsound soundbar any good? Mixed reviews...
    i have it about a year have found it to be excellent,its transformed the poor sound from my smart TV,its good and loud (medium sized room) great bass and a decent remote control,also has plenty of connection options with the leads supplied,the bluetooth option is great bonus too,would defo recommend it specially at current price hope that helps.
    Kitsound customer service is second to none if you have any problems,the original remote control supplied didn't work had a replacement sent out within 2 days

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

col.in.Cr wrote: »
    Wonder how much this SSD will drop to
    Crucial CT512MX100SSD1 512GB,even though half that capacity would be fine for me.

I'd say the 256 version will pop back again before the week is out, think it was £56 yesterday

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Are these discounts a bit of a scam?
    They seem to be 50% off meaning 50% off RRP. Nothing on amazon sells for recommend retail price.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Are these discounts a bit of a scam?
    They seem to be 50% off meaning 50% off RRP. Nothing on amazon sells for recommend retail price.

I always compare other online stores for their price before going for a deal. Everything I've looked at so far has been cheaper than the cheapest price elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

fierce ragin myself. they snuck in an electric pasta maker when i wasn't watching (damn uni essay) and it went to waitlist. not a hope i'd think

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yeh, they are generally a good deal as in slightly cheaper than elsewhere but nowhere near the 50 - 70% they claim as marked off, that is off RRP and as you say most stuff is actually way below the RRP without the Black Friday deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I was on a waitlist earlier for something snuck in, no.104 and chances of poor. Came up 20 mins later in my basket........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

TheDriver wrote: »
    I was on a waitlist earlier for something snuck in, no.104 and chances of poor. Came up 20 mins later in my basket........

where do you go to see where on the waitlist you are?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement