Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Zardoz,
    I have the problem on my triplex.Both tuners not picking up channels.I mean when i scan Spark or Enigma the channels show but are greyed out.I have been on to GM and they reckon its the mainboard.
    Waiting on them to come back to me about replacing it myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Zardoz wrote: »
    I read on another forum that a few guys had faulty tuners in their receivers.
    On Tuner 2 only half the channels come up as the 22Khz tone isn't being generated by the tuner.
    Tuner 2 would be used when you record one satellite channel and watch another.
    Only solution would be to return the receiver under warranty in this case..
    It could also just be a faulty lnb mind you.

As I previously said HDMU often gave tune failed or the pat thing when recording one channel and switching back and forth between Saorview ,the only solution was to pull the power .It was a software issue.
    I never had this issue with Hyperion .
    so what u reckon i should do then..all i channels work but when i record and change channel its all blank with tune failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I just set up my box running open atv 4.2
    When I loaded it the only channels working were bbc 1 and 2 and more 7 from what i could tell. I did a full rescan and now get all the uk free channels but the lists include sky etc that i cant get. It shows the info of whats on them but displays nothing on screen and the same thing happens for all our Irish channels.
    Id like to remove sky etc from epg but have the Irish channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Balmed Out wrote: »
    I just set up my box running open atv 4.2
    When I loaded it the only channels working were bbc 1 and 2 and more 7 from what i could tell. I did a full rescan and now get all the uk free channels but the lists include sky etc that i cant get. It shows the info of whats on them but displays nothing on screen and the same thing happens for all our Irish channels.
    Id like to remove sky etc from epg but have the Irish channels.
    There is usually an option to scan FTA ( free to air ) a toggle on or off which should skip $ or pay channels

Scan for the saorview seperately

i did all that and i still have loads of channels with blank screens many which shouldnt though i do now have at least some of the rte's though their in the 2800's in the channel list. This is more dificult then i expected.:rolleyes:

Anyone have a channel list for open atv 4.2 that will work in the south of the country including all the free channels and domestic ones that i could ftp over?

Also using easeus my 500gb drive keeps stalling at 73% when trying to format to ext3? any ideas?

cheers for all and any help

• Advertisement

anyone know how long pkteam servers will be down for..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

i did all that and i still have loads of channels with blank screens many which shouldnt though i do now have at least some of the rte's though their in the 2800's in the channel list. This is more dificult then i expected.:rolleyes:

Go to Menu/and in search menu, go to autobouquets. When you select autobouquets press menu again. You get screen below. Change "scan free to air only" to yes. Then press green and green again. Wait a minute and all should be fine.

Edit; I see you are using the ATV image. Autobouquets does not function correctly with atv. The FREE TO AIR only option and Swaps option do not work on ATV. Best change image. Try this one. HDD must be EXT3

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hspcpdu7p6w30d6/AADomH8xzNanA3jeu3uNGvh8a?dl=0

settings_zps18bdf9c5.jpg

probably a stupid question but how do i get those files onto my ext3 formatted drive given that windows 8 wont let me access the drive without formatting it

anyone know how long pkteam servers will be down for..
    anybody care to shed some light on my question wud be great

probably a stupid question but how do i get those files onto my ext3 formatted drive given that windows 8 wont let me access the drive without formatting it

Format the hdd to ext3 after flashing the receiver.

• Advertisement

Anyone have a channel list for open atv 4.2 that will work in the south of the country including all the free channels and domestic ones that i could ftp over?

Also using easeus my 500gb drive keeps stalling at 73% when trying to format to ext3? any ideas?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4enrv4dvbacr7k/New%20folderDBX.7z?dl=0
    you could load this channel list with dreambox edit if you wanted to give it a go

anybody care to shed some light on my question wud be great
    I just went into plugins and download plugins just now and it appears to be working ok ?

you could format it in spark I think

Technofobe wrote: »
    I just went into plugins and download plugins just now and it appears to be working ok ?
    yes but try and download one and see what happens if u will please and let me know

yes but try and download one and see what happens if u will please and let me know
    Your right I just tried that now and says cant connect to remote host 62.75.141.46 connection refused

Your right I just tried that now and says cant connect to remote host 62.75.141.46 connection refused
    ya its down for ages now. over a week now.

givecredit wrote: »
    Edit; I see you are using the ATV image. Autobouquets does not function correctly with atv. The FREE TO AIR only option and Swaps option do not work on ATV. Best change image. Try this one. HDD must be EXT3

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hspcpdu7p6w30d6/AADomH8xzNanA3jeu3uNGvh8a?dl=0

Thanks however im having more problems. went back to spark. Put your two files with the plugins folder from post number 2 in this thread onto usb. I uploaded the enigma plugin.
    When I booted it up i had a picture of it loading mentioning the terrestial forum of boards.ie. However after that went Im left on rte2 hd but no picture or sound again. The box is frozen and nothing on the remote works.....

Thanks however im having more problems. went back to spark. Put your two files with the plugins folder from post number 2 in this thread onto usb. I uploaded the enigma plugin.
    When I booted it up i had a picture of it loading mentioning the terrestial forum of boards.ie. However after that went Im left on rte2 hd but no picture or sound again. The box is frozen and nothing on the remote works.....
    You could try this one and just re scan rte
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbm3ee5nqo9tfhr/Backup%20openATV%20%2011-10-14.7z?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Just wanted to say thanks to those that shared materials here and gave me help as I was trying to get my Amiko Alien 2 setup the way I wanted. I decided to call it a day with it as it just wasn't working as flawlessly as I was hoping and having been used to the Windows Media Center UI, found it a big step backwards.

I've now managed to get Media Portal running with my existing TV tuner card (which had an issue with Media Center). Can't speak highly enough about it and it was very easy to setup and gives me all the same channels as with the Amiko but in an incredibly slick interface. Not trying to dis the Amiko, just wanted to flag it to others as it may be a suitable option for some to consider as the price of getting a HTPC setup has reduced drastically so once you add a TV tuner card for about €100 the functionality it offers is excellent.

i put on hyperion 4 but im getting blank screens on the irish stations and when i try to do a scan it seems to hang at 0% completed 0 channels found?

• Advertisement

i put on hyperion 4 but im getting blank screens on the irish stations and when i try to do a scan it seems to hang at 0% completed 0 channels found?
    Hyper 4 if you want to try this backup
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/adg8ivyayz30l7r/Hyper4%20backup%2011-10-14.7z?dl=0

im afraid that one just got me a blank rte1 with a status line going back and foth in the top left

You do have an aerial connected? The Irish channels are free via saorview not satellite. I suspect the blank screens are the satellite version or saorview from a transmitter not in your area. You need to retune the 3rd tuner.

givecredit wrote: »
    You do have an aerial connected? The Irish channels are free via saorview not satellite. I suspect the blank screens are the satellite version or saorview from a transmitter not in your area. You need to retune the 3rd tuner.

yeah and they work on spark. just the atv one was messed up and others either stall immediately or wont tune in from that line

any new images coming out soon that are worth trying

im afraid that one just got me a blank rte1 with a status line going back and foth in the top left
    RTE 1 is the default startup channel
    Did the sat stations work
    and did you try retune to your local saorview transmitter ?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

so what u reckon i should do then..all i channels work but when i record and change channel its all blank with tune failed.

Try the same thing in Spark and see if the same thing happens .
    If it does then the box is likely faulty.

Why did you reinstall Hyperion 4 with no plugins btw ,you were using my backup initially ,was the issue apparent then ?

Zardoz wrote: »
    Try the same thing in Spark and see if the same thing happens .
    If it does then the box is likely faulty.

Why did you reinstall Hyperion 4 with no plugins btw ,you were using my backup initially ,was the issue apparent then ?
    i fixed the record and change channel thing.everything is working fine now except for the plugin thing buy as u said the site is down and another guy here rtried and couldnt download any plugin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

i fixed the record and change channel thing.everything is working fine now except for the plugin thing buy as u said the site is down and another guy here rtried and couldnt download any plugin

Ok thats good news .
    What plugin are you looking for in particular ,you may be able to install it manually from here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AACtiW-BDsbi0cckTxIzJEJJa

• Advertisement

looking for a good plex client.i think dreamplex was on it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement