Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

rofno1 wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Once quick question, on Open ATV I get "timeshift not working" or similar on the Saorview channels. Also, when I pause on Sat channels the screen goes blank for about 10 seconds before image reappears. Same when restarting play. Is this correct?
    I seem to remember that you can switch off permanent timeshift but obviously no rewind live tv then
    but back on hyper 4 at the moment
    On hyper 4 when I pause it goes blank for about 3 seconds then picture comes back then pauses

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Wcool

Hi Lads,

Once quick question, on Open ATV I get "timeshift not working" or similar on the Saorview channels. Also, when I pause on Sat channels the screen goes blank for about 10 seconds before image reappears. Same when restarting play. Is this correct?

Stupid question: do you have a disk or usb stick plugged in? else you might have ran out of diskspace?

But assuming yes, i remember i had the same message when rebooting and I had to change the settings for timeshift and recording to point to a valid mount point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭championc

Redriddick wrote: »
    Championc what problems did you have???

I haven't re-checked in a few weeks but I had some channels which simply would not work. I think BBC One HD was one of them. I then went and did a manual scan of the single frequency - nothing !!

I then did a full rescan and it only found around 250 channels. After about 30% of the scanning process, it found nothing more all the way to 100%.

I swapped in my 8900 box and haven't tried going back to the AA2 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭rofno1

Hi Lads,

Hi all, just an update for anyone who might have same issue. Booted in spark, reformatted USB and performed speed test. The results came back with read/write on the USB that I was using was too slow. So a change of USB and the box is performing flawlessly now!

Thanks to all who help in this great thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 deasy852003

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, I've had a read through most of the previous posts but cannot find any solutions to the problem I have.

I have an Amiko Alien 2 running the "Hyperion 4 Backup Sep 2014" that was posted by Zardoz on the first page of this forum.

I want to be able to stream my recordings to a TV in another room that has a network media player built in.

I'm just wondering if you guys know if this is possible? and if so, any links for any helpful guides. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Have been having troubles with my AA2 slowing down a fair bit (loading icon in top left) and just being generally slow. Ruined my viewing of Love Hate last night as I was trying to watch it back while it was still recording and it couldn't handle it, random flickering all over the place.

I'm using a 3TB USB 3.0 external HDD. I recall seeing on here a comment about ensuring the HDD is setup to not go into standby but I can't find it - what do I need to check on that?

If I need to give up on that HDD and go for another, I'll do it. Remember seeing a link on here to a HDD that is recommended as a good option for the AA2 but I've checked loads of pages and can't find it, what's the recommended model?

Before I try other images, what should I be checking, think I need to delete some folder and ensure something else is stored on the HDD, not internally, but amn't sure of the details?

In terms of images, from reading back through the thread, it seems this Hyperion v4 backup from Zardoz and this Open ATV backup from Fresh Pots are the latest stable links for H4 and OpenATV respectively? I'll probably gamble on OpenATV one last time and then revert to this H4 image if it doesn't work in a stable manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Have been having troubles with my AA2 slowing down a fair bit (loading icon in top left) and just being generally slow. Ruined my viewing of Love Hate last night as I was trying to watch it back while it was still recording and it couldn't handle it, random flickering all over the place.

I'm using a 3TB USB 3.0 external HDD. I recall seeing on here a comment about ensuring the HDD is setup to not go into standby but I can't find it - what do I need to check on that?

If I need to give up on that HDD and go for another, I'll do it. Remember seeing a link on here to a HDD that is recommended as a good option for the AA2 but I've checked loads of pages and can't find it, what's the recommended model?

Before I try other images, what should I be checking, think I need to delete some folder and ensure something else is stored on the HDD, not internally, but amn't sure of the details?

In terms of images, from reading back through the thread, it seems this Hyperion v4 backup from Zardoz and this Open ATV backup from Fresh Pots are the latest stable links for H4 and OpenATV respectively? I'll probably gamble on OpenATV one last time and then revert to this H4 image if it doesn't work in a stable manner.

What's memory is left on your box?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭championc

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, I've had a read through most of the previous posts but cannot find any solutions to the problem I have.

I have an Amiko Alien 2 running the "Hyperion 4 Backup Sep 2014" that was posted by Zardoz on the first page of this forum.

I want to be able to stream my recordings to a TV in another room that has a network media player built in.

I'm just wondering if you guys know if this is possible? and if so, any links for any helpful guides. Thanks!

OpenATV has a built in DLNA Server. However, that would possibly only give access to recorded material

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

I have an Amiko Alien 2 running the "Hyperion 4... I want to be able to stream my recordings to a TV in another room that has a network media player built in.

I got something like this working using a Raspberry Pi running a media player: OpenElec. I connected the Pi to the second TV via HDMI then a long run of network cable back to the AA2 in another room. With OpenElec I could stream TV channels from the AA2 and recordings from a connected USB drive over to the second TV.

Have a read over at the Amiko Alien2 to Raspberry Pi discussion thread.

Flex

The drive was a samuung M3
    The folder was cross EPG
    The hard disk sleep time can be found in
    Menu
    setup
    system
    hard disk
    hard disk setup

this was for H4 though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Technofobe wrote: »
    The drive was a samuung M3

You found the samsung M3 good in combo with the Alien 2, Technofobe.
    Good read and write even in HD?
    Quiet?

Looking at a 1tb one for a new alien, so I hope it can cope with 1tb.

Anyone else using it, or another harddrive they would suggest for the alien 2

mikom wrote: »
    Quiet?

No sorry did not make it clear
    I dont have a samsung m3 I was just replying to the post asking what the recommended drive was and have seen it mentioned a few times that these were a good drive for the AA2 but sadly cant afford one myself
    Im reduced to using a toshiba drive 60 gig from an old broken xbox :-)
    no problems recording 2 channels at same time
    I did set it up and format it in spark and it seems to work well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

mikom wrote: »
    Quiet?

i use a 500 gb samsung m3 and its grand, can record 2 or 3 channels if needed, nice and small and quiet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

take out the externel harddrive , connect it to laptop and defrag it using smart defrag or simular, can help at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Nowso wrote: »
    take out the externel harddrive , connect it to laptop and defrag it using smart defrag or simular, can help at times

You need to format it in Ext3 for best performance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Bargain Alert

TVTrade.ie have a Halloween sale on. 10% off everything with this voucher:

Discount Code: FREETV

This makes the Amiko Alien 2+ triple tuner €134.10 incl delivery.
    or the
    Sab UnixHD TRIPLE Tuner €125.09 incl delivery.

Offer ends 2nd November.

http://www.tvtrade.ie/satellite-receivers/linux.html

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

how can one check the ECM times on Hyperion V4?

I'm experiencing glitching which is a result of high ECM times but i've no clue how to check what they are on specific channels.

Can anyone tell me how to check this please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

how can one check the ECM times on Hyperion V4?

I'm experiencing glitching which is a result of high ECM times but i've no clue how to check what they are on specific channels.

Can anyone tell me how to check this please.

On your PC or laptop you can log into the OScam GUI, the user name is root, the password is oscam and type in http://box_ip:8888 (obviously insert the IP of your box where it has box_ip) into your browser.

You can view ECM times there.

Zardoz wrote: »
    I'm uploading a copy of my Hyperion 4 backup which has a few modifications.

Firstly it has the amixer audio boost script running so the audio levels are louder and more like Spark and other receiver levels.
    You will no longer have to increase the volume levels on your tv to high levels and the fix doesn't distort the audio.

Secondly the extended keymapper is included so extra buttons can be mapped in the blue panel.
    Its the same as the official inbuilt PKT keymapper but with added code.Thanks to data devil

The tuxtext.ttf file has also been replaced,the teletext font is alot more rounded,larger and easier on the eye ,unlike the inbuilt teletext which is designed for eastern european languages.

History Zap Selector is included ,handy for channel browsing .(Prev/Next Button)
    Use Recall to switch between 2 channels.

Record Infobar is also included

I have also tweaked a few of the button configurations and settings .

The Vfd fix has been applied so newer boxes have a working display panel.

It is configured for 28e and Saorview ,all picons are installed as is an up to date channel list .
    Autobouquets (most recent version) and Rats Bouquet Loader are installed if you'd prefer to use these .

The following plugins are installed and working well:
    AutoTimer,AutoVolumeAdjustment,CacheFlush aka Clearmem,CrossEPG 0.8.1,CoolTVGuide v7.0 (opens on EPG) ,Rats Picons,RTE Player,1channel (latest version),IPTV Loader,TMDB,TVDB,Mediaportal,Airplayer and WebInterface

Oscam is installed and running,you just need to edit the oscam.server file.
    Oscam port: 8888 user: root, pass: oscam
    FTP: user:root ,pass:pkteam

Crossepg 0.8.1 is configured to update when the box is in standby .

Virtualzap is not installed as I am unhappy with its performance ,it is a memory hog.

It is running PLi-HD skin but there are a few other Skins to try if you dont like that.
    The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for HDMI at 720p.
    Saorview is tuned for Mullaghanish

This is an extremely solid image and very quick ,I have been running it for the last 3 months .
    Many thanks to the PKT team,data devil, and other plugin developers who have put in sterling work with the different code involved in this backup.
    Enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AADLsHRr3Hu-aTDzhyKRemhna/Hyperion%204%20%20Backup%20Sep%202014/Hyperion%204%20Public%20Backup.zip?dl=0

What software do you use for FTP'ing the amixer audio boost script, Filezilla or Dreambox?

I downloaded your version of Hyperion V4 and really liked the way the volume now works. Unfortunately I was having problems when I FTP'd my channel list to the box (which worked with Fresh Pots version of V4).

I just want to add the audio amixer to Fresh Pots version of V4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭Zardoz

cyndale wrote: »
    What software do you use for FTP'ing the amixer audio boost script, Filezilla or Dreambox?

I downloaded your version of Hyperion V4 and really liked the way the volume now works. Unfortunately I was having problems when I FTP'd my channel list to the box (which worked with Fresh Pots version of V4).

I just want to add the audio amixer to Fresh Pots version of V4.

You just ftp the file over with whatever ftp client you prefer.
    Filezilla or Dreambox Control Centre
    See here for how to install
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90723300&postcount=264

What problems were you having when you ftp'd over your channel list ?
    I use Dreambox Edit 5 to transfer the settings ,older versions may cause errors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

championc wrote: »
    I haven't re-checked in a few weeks but I had some channels which simply would not work. I think BBC One HD was one of them. I then went and did a manual scan of the single frequency - nothing !!

I then did a full rescan and it only found around 250 channels. After about 30% of the scanning process, it found nothing more all the way to 100%.

I swapped in my 8900 box and haven't tried going back to the AA2 yet.

Ok, got another brand new box, set up exactly the same, used same image on same USB, everything. No problems whatsoever, it's obviously some sort of hardware fail.

You just ftp the file over with whatever ftp client you prefer.
    Filezilla or Dreambox Control Centre
    See here for how to install
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90723300&postcount=264

What problems were you having when you ftp'd over your channel list ?
    I use Dreambox Edit 5 to transfer the settings ,older versions may cause errors.

Thanks for the link, I will try it later.

When I turn on the Amiko box it would just say start, I then had to press OK, blank channel list would show, then I had to press favourites and it would work. If I put the box into standby no problem, but if I turned the box off I would have to repeat what I have said above.

I use Dreambox Edit 5.3.

I FTP'd the same channel list onto Fresh Pots (Hyperion V4) it worked perfectly, no issues when I turn the box on the channels would appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭Zardoz

cyndale wrote: »
    Thanks for the link, I will try it later.

When I turn on the Amiko box it would just say start, I then had to press OK, blank channel list would show, then I had to press favourites and it would work. If I put the box into standby no problem, but if I turned the box off I would have to repeat what I have said above.

I use Dreambox Edit 5.3.

I FTP'd the same channel list onto Fresh Pots (Hyperion V4) it worked perfectly, no issues when I turn the box on the channels would appear.

Thats because my backup is designed to start up on BBC 1 HD.
    When you ftp in your own channel list it tries to start up on BBC 1 HD but as the order is changed it stalls.
    Just pick a new channel to start up on ,highlight it in your guide ,press menu and set as start up channel .

Thats because my backup is designed to start up on BBC 1 HD.
    When you ftp in your own channel list it tries to start up on BBC 1 HD but as the order is changed it stalls.
    Just pick a new channel to start up on ,highlight it in your guide ,press menu and set as start up channel .

Downloaded your image again and got it to work as you suggested above. THANKS!:cool:

Really great image and sound is so much better!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

hi guys
    clock on the front panel went forward by 2 hours can't get it to change back in the clock settings,showing the correct time on the epg though

hi guys
    clock on the front panel went forward by 2 hours can't get it to change back in the clock settings,showing the correct time on the epg though

Did you reboot?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    Did you reboot?

Yep twice

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JORY

Just wondering is it possible to bypass the Geo Lock with the On Demand pluggin in Open ATV 4.2?
    BTW: FreshPots great image, thanks

Yep twice

Right, just fixed this issue on Openatv, time was displaying correct on the box but Epg was showing an hour ahead. menu->setup->system->extended system->time setting and changed sync time using transponder to ntp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 JORY

clock on the front of box is 2 hours ahead, fix described here didn't work?
    Any other ideas?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement