Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JORY

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    Right, just fixed this issue on Openatv, time was displaying correct on the box but Epg was showing an hour ahead. menu->setup->system->extended system->time setting and changed sync time using transponder to ntp

clock on the front of box is 2 hours ahead, fix described here didn't work?
    Any other ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

JORY wrote: »
    Any other ideas?

What image? Try going to standby once, it's the fix for time display problems for most images, my fix above is only for Epg on openatv

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JORY

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    What image? Try going to standby once, it's the fix for time display problems for most images, my fix above is only for Epg on openatv

Open ATV 4.2

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

JORY wrote: »
    Any other ideas?

I'm running freshpots atv image tried everything suggested above even went into spark and changed time settings then back to enigma still 2 hours ahead, booted back to spark ran a hyperion image and bloody still showing 2 hours ahead anymore Ideas please wife's complaining NOW!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Franco__

Try putting the box in standby and then switch back on worked for me

• Advertisement

Franco__ wrote: »
    Try putting the box in standby and then switch back on worked for me

Hasn't worked for me, thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭championc

Hasn't worked for me, thanks anyway

I've logged it as an Issue with OpenATV. It looks to me like someone wrote code to add an hour rather that subtract an hour for DST. We were all perfect up to Saturday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 erto

givecredit wrote: »
    Bargain Alert

TVTrade.ie have a Halloween sale on. 10% off everything with this voucher:

Discount Code: FREETV

This makes the Amiko Alien 2+ triple tuner €134.10 incl delivery.
    or the
    Sab UnixHD TRIPLE Tuner €125.09 incl delivery.

Offer ends 2nd November.

Is it worth it? Seems to give nothing but trouble...

Anything out there worth looking at over this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭Zardoz

erto wrote: »
    Is it worth it? Seems to give nothing but trouble...

Anything out there worth looking at over this?

Any Enigma 2 receiver will give trouble unless you know what you are doing ,they have a learning curve .
    Aliens are not a good box for novices to setup from scratch ,no E2 box is plug and play but some are easier to setup but with the backup images posted on here alot of the hard work is done for you.

There are lots of other combo receivers out there worth looking at ,there have never been more options.
    Up until a few years ago the only reasonable twin sat tuner on the market was the Vu Duo and it was over 300 euro .

I posted a while back on the other combo box options out there ,it may be of use to you

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90880442&postcount=16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

hi guys had to a reinstall of hyperion 4 and now wont install any plugins.any ideas why.my connection is perfect.just says cannot connect to remote host

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

hi guys had to a reinstall of hyperion 4 and now wont install any plugins.any ideas why.my connection is perfect.just says cannot connect to remote host

The pkteam site has been down all day.
    Not sure what the story is with it.

I'm using ATV image this happened today I Cannot get the crosspeg epg listings to load for the UK fta channels, all blank, i am able to watch all the channels no problem, shows saor view epg data, did network test all OK.... any ideas please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

My box is running ATV 4.2 and has been acting strange the last day or so.
    The hexagon icon keeps appearing in the top left and the box becomes unresponsive.
    I have reloaded a back up from a month ago and the same is happening.
    CrossEpg is saving to hard disk as far as I can tell.
    any ideas to try?

Back to spark for the time being

CHeers,

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

I'm using ATV image this happened today I Cannot get the crosspeg epg listings to load for the UK fta channels, all blank, i am able to watch all the channels no problem, shows saor view epg data, did network test all OK.... any ideas please

Check what date/time is in top corner of screen when you hit ok. I bet it's like 2048 or something.
    I then used the fix of changing to ntp time. Then rebooted the box and viola, sorted and correct time/date

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭topper1978

Hi. Any help appreciated. I am runing Give Credtis H4 image. Every once in a while I get a "SID not found in PAT" error if I try to change channel. This happens on both aerial and dish. Missing timers now because of it. Have read around and seemingly it can be caused by issues with the coax cable, LND or dish. However, this is the only image I have had this problem with so I dont think it is related to the above (could be wrong). Would like to try and stay with this image if possible as it very good.

I would consider a different image if someone can recommend an easy enough to use one that is stable with autotimer on the blue button in the EPG. Really liked the autotimer on the blue button the the H4 image.

Many thanks.

anybody else having trouble downloading plugins..cant get any plugin to download on both boxes

topper1978 wrote: »
    I would consider a different image if someone can recommend an easy enough to use one that is stable with autotimer on the blue button in the EPG. Really liked the autotimer on the blue button the the H4 image.

Btw you can map Autotimer to any of the coloured buttons in Cooltv by pressing menu in Cooltvguide and configuring it.
    I dont think its image dependant.
    anybody else having trouble downloading plugins..cant get any plugin to download on both boxes

The pkt team website is temporarily down so the plugin server is down too

Have tried a Open ATV and H4...... the feeling I get from another AA2 forum is that in general HDMU seems to be fairly stable with good functionality. Anybody here have any experience of HDMU? Or is anyone willing to make a recommendation for a solid stable, quick image. Autotimer, WEBIF, OSCAM and the ability to stream and record or record and watch another channel are the minimum requirements. EPG and autobouqets should also be a given.

Is it better to flash an image from scratch as opposed to restoring a backup image?

Have tried a Open ATV and H4...... the feeling I get from another AA2 forum is that in general HDMU seems to be fairly stable with good functionality. Anybody here have any experience of HDMU? Or is anyone willing to make a recommendation for a solid stable, quick image. Autotimer, WEBIF, OSCAM and the ability to stream and record or record and watch another channel are the minimum requirements. EPG and autobouqets should also be a given.

Is it better to flash an image from scratch as opposed to restoring a backup image?

I used HDMU images for a good while but went back to Hyperion 4 when I could patch it to improve the sound and a few other things.

I havent used HDMU in a few months but its a bit more difficult to set up from scratch than other images.
    Crossepg requires a few files to be swapped to stop it reverting to internal flash,the hard drive needs to be mounted differently,it had tuner failed issues when switching between sat and terrestrial when recording and it sometimes gave recording errors .

I liked it as an image but went back to Hyperion 4 as I felt it was more stable and could be upgraded online,HDMU requires a fresh install each time which is very laborious.

Zardoz wrote: »
    I used HDMU images for a good while but went back to Hyperion 4 when I could patch it to improve the sound and a few other things.

I havent used HDMU in a few months but its a bit more difficult to set up from scratch than other images.
    Crossepg requires a few files to be swapped to stop it reverting to internal flash,the hard drive needs to be mounted differently,it had tuner failed issues when switching between sat and terrestrial when recording and it sometimes gave recording errors .

I liked it as an image but went back to Hyperion 4 as I felt it was more stable and could be upgraded online,HDMU requires a fresh install each time which is very laborious.

Have you any experience with open ARP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

I have a large number of movies on my hard drive that is connected to my Amiko. Most files are in avi format but some are in MKV. I used to be able to play any type of file through my Amiko but over the weekend I tried to watch an MKV file (2 different ones) and the picture kept jumping and pixalating.

I booted into Spark and the files played fine there. Is there a plugin I can download that will enable me to watch MKV files through Hyperion? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

I have used 1channel on Zardoz' image a good few times with no problem, today however all I am getting is constant green screens. Anybody else this happening to or know of a possible fix?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Imstuck wrote: »
    I have used 1channel on Zardoz' image a good few times with no problem, today however all I am getting is constant green screens. Anybody else this happening to or know of a possible fix?

may need to update it

Nowso wrote: »
    may need to update it

The version installed is the most recent version of 1channel .

Green screening on 1channel usually indicates no network connection or an internet issue.
    It might just be an issue on the 1channel servers today.

Cheers Zardoz, must have tried about 20 times earlier, but working now!!
    While I have you, a quick one about the auto volume adjustment, it worked on install but not working recently, is there anywhere I can enable/unable, or should it just run from flash?

Imstuck wrote: »
    Cheers Zardoz, must have tried about 20 times earlier, but working now!!
    While I have you, a quick one about the auto volume adjustment, it worked on install but not working recently, is there anywhere I can enable/unable, or should it just run from flash?

You can enable it/disable it and edit the settings in Menu-Setup-System-Automatic Volume Adjustment ;)

Jaysus don't know how I didn't see that, been looking for last half hour lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Is there a 'for dummies' post on this thread. Bought one recently and plan on setting it up over the weekend. My parents hate the triax combi box as its very temperamental with regard the epg and remote control.
    I plan on using it myself and if impressed and its easy to use passing it on them and getting myself a new one. As far as im aware the big advantage is the 7 day epg and sky like recording abilities.
    Im not interested in any illegal channels etc. I would like to get the most out of it though with regard to any channels it can receive. Ill have it connected to unlimited broad band so what can I do with that ? Can it be set to record via a phone? stream from pc? stream to phone ? etc

Thanks and sorry for being so clueless

OH and it comes with enigma two open atv 4.2

Hi. Any help appreciated. I am runing Give Credtis H4 image. Every once in a while I get a "SID not found in PAT" error if I try to change channel. This happens on both aerial and dish. Missing timers now because of it. Have read around and seemingly it can be caused by issues with the coax cable, LND or dish. However, this is the only image I have had this problem with so I dont think it is related to the above (could be wrong). Would like to try and stay with this image if possible as it very good.

Many thanks.
    funny its happening to me too..when i start to record the channel and change to a different channel it says tune failed or that pat thing.very annoying.anybody got a fix for this

• Advertisement

funny its happening to me too..when i start to record the channel and change to a different channel it says tune failed or that pat thing.very annoying.anybody got a fix for this

I read on another forum that a few guys had faulty tuners in their receivers.
    On Tuner 2 only half the channels come up as the 22Khz tone isn't being generated by the tuner.
    Tuner 2 would be used when you record one satellite channel and watch another.
    Only solution would be to return the receiver under warranty in this case..
    It could also just be a faulty lnb mind you.

As I previously said HDMU often gave tune failed or the pat thing when recording one channel and switching back and forth between Saorview ,the only solution was to pull the power .It was a software issue.
    I never had this issue with Hyperion .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement