Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

cyndale wrote: »
    What image is it?

It'll be Openatv 4.2. Ondemand plugin only works on that and vix4sh4 but nobody is using that!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    It'll be Openatv 4.2. Ondemand plugin only works on that and vix4sh4 but nobody is using that!

Thanks for that!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Fresh Pots wrote: »

Its actually Vix :p

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

hi folks,

the brother in law got himself a new AA2+ during the week. All fine,
    went over to set it up. Took a backup image from my own. (Hyperion V4 ) Loaded fine, but the terrestrial channels wouldn't scan. Tried a few other back ups of hyperions. no joy
    Brought it home, started from scratch, but could not scan any terrestrials. Just get the status bar in the corner, with no progress on the scan. left it at it for about 1 hour just to see would some thing happen.
    Still no picture on the channels when i loaded channels via dreamboxedit. The BBC's and sat channels scanned fine.
    The terrestrial works and scans fine in Spark.
    Its as others have reported , that there seems to be something in the T2 tuner in the newer boxes and the Hyperion image that don't get on with each other.
    Have just downloaded and flashed GiveCredits ATV backup (a big thanks owed!). and it has scanned the terrestrial channels.
    Will have a look tomorrow to see if i can see a manufacture date on the box.

(Will take this oppurtunity to thank all who put up back ups, utilities,information and any contribution to this repository of valuable knowledge. I know these things arent just plucked from the air, but are hard gained and shouldnt be taken for granted. Thanks)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

[QUOTE=Slevster;9296113
    (Will take this oppurtunity to thank all who put up back ups, utilities,information and any contribution to this repository of valuable knowledge. I know these things arent just plucked from the air, but are hard gained and shouldnt be taken for granted. Thanks)[/QUOTE]

And so say all of us!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Slevster wrote: »
    hi folks,

the brother in law got himself a new AA2+ during the week. All fine,
    went over to set it up. Took a backup image from my own. (Hyperion V4 ) Loaded fine, but the terrestrial channels wouldn't scan. Tried a few other back ups of hyperions. no joy
    Brought it home, started from scratch, but could not scan any terrestrials. Just get the status bar in the corner, with no progress on the scan. left it at it for about 1 hour just to see would some thing happen.
    Still no picture on the channels when i loaded channels via dreamboxedit. The BBC's and sat channels scanned fine.
    The terrestrial works and scans fine in Spark.
    Its as others have reported , that there seems to be something in the T2 tuner in the newer boxes and the Hyperion image that don't get on with each other.
    Have just downloaded and flashed GiveCredits ATV backup (a big thanks owed!). and it has scanned the terrestrial channels.
    Will have a look tomorrow to see if i can see a manufacture date on the box.

I got an AA2+ a few weeks ago and have the same problem with Hyperion 4 (it works perfectly on my GM Triplex which is a T2 tuner but I got it 18 months ago), I see that there are a few others with the same problems a few pages back.
    My only issue with OpenATV is that I can't get the Transmission plugin to work.

I see that there are issues. I would imagine that a fix will be forecoming (for Hyperion).

Haven't had much time to play around with GiveCredits image yet (have to disconnect my own box and switch in the new box to work on it. So will mean late nights (too late!))

First impressions are good. Tried a few skins. Was getting a freeze when using the programme guide. As in, the guide displayed and the channel in a window, but got stuck there. Could not exit. (Happened on the bluehd skin and the Pli HD skin) didn't have time to investigate.
    But looks like a smooth image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

I see that there are issues. I would imagine that a fix will be forecoming (for Hyperion).

Haven't had much time to play around with GiveCredits image yet (have to disconnect my own box and switch in the new box to work on it. So will mean late nights (too late!))

First impressions are good. Tried a few skins. Was getting a freeze when using the programme guide. As in, the guide displayed and the channel in a window, but got stuck there. Could not exit. (Happened on the bluehd skin and the Pli HD skin) didn't have time to investigate.
    But looks like a smooth image

You need to have a hard drive attached to store the EPG or you will get the glitches you describe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Is this an image from someone on here or elsewhere?

Its a backup I made
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92161598&postcount=322
    I had found the number pad 30sec/1min/5min forwards very useful, and my usual method was pause... then click number.

Not sure if you know this but you can program those buttons for different values .
    I set the 9 button for 4 minutes ,I find its perfect for skipping through ad breaks !

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its a backup I made
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92161598&postcount=322

Not sure if you know this but you can program those buttons for different values .
    I set the 9 button for 4 minutes ,I find its perfect for skipping through ad breaks !

So you just press '9' when your running behind 'live' Zardoz?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

I'm new to this and I'm using Champc's image. What i cannot get to work is to combine the saorview and freesat on the one epg. Can anyone give me a hand?

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    You need to have a hard drive attached to store the EPG or you will get the glitches you describe

I have a HDD , formated to ext 3 , mounted and recognised. But I haven't looked in to save locations , etc yet, so it is possible that you are correct that it may be something to do with it

I have a HDD , formated to ext 3 , mounted and recognised. But I haven't looked in to save locations , etc yet, so it is possible that you are correct that it may be something to do with it

Check where Crossepg is saving and check the drive that it is saving there, files will be dated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

I'm new to this and I'm using Champc's image. What i cannot get to work is to combine the saorview and freesat on the one epg. Can anyone give me a hand?
    Download dreamboxedit
    Delete all the boquets
    create 1 boquet call it whatever you like
    drag and drop all the channels you want into the boquet and bobs your aunty

Or prob make more sense to create and test the boquet before deleting all the others :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TomPetty

Hi Guys,
    New to this forum and new to anything outside Sky digital. Got the Courage to cancel my Sky - Just received my brand new Amiko Alien 2 with Enigma 2 Pre Loaded.
    Had loads of issues getting The Tuners up and running with the various Channels. Ended up going back to Factory Default :-(
    Have I now removed the Enigma 2 ? How can I tell ?

Many thanks,
    Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Yes you have.
    You'll need to reflash it.

The reason I went back to factory default was because when i scanned for my Saorview Channels, they all came up greyed out.
    Will that happen again if I return to Enigma 2 do you know ?
    They scanned in fine when I went back to Factory default :-(

Many thanks,
    Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

If you reset factory default in Spark it shouldn't affect Enigma2.
    Reboot into Enigma2 and see if it boots up.
    Which Enigma2 image are yiu running ?

TomPetty wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    New to this forum and new to anything outside Sky digital. Got the Courage to cancel my Sky - Just received my brand new Amiko Alien 2 with Enigma 2 Pre Loaded.
    Had loads of issues getting The Tuners up and running with the various Channels. Ended up going back to Factory Default :-(
    Have I now removed the Enigma 2 ? How can I tell ?

Many thanks,
    Tom.

did you factory default within enigma
    for instance there is an option to factory default in openATV and choosing that wiil not affect spark

Or did you cycle the power switch while holding in the ok button and then choose spark

Hi guys,
    Thanks for your replies -

I believe I had booted into Enigma 2 ( Which came pre-loaded ) and from the Menu in there, I did a Factory Reset.

Did not hold down any buttons etc ..

• Advertisement

Hi guys,
    Thanks for your replies -

I believe I had booted into Enigma 2 ( Which came pre-loaded ) and from the Menu in there, I did a Factory Reset.

Did not hold down any buttons etc ..
    then you should be still in enigma2 does it say openATV or something like that when it starts up if you go to menu / restart

Hi Technofobe - Yes when I click on Menu, I see "Open ATV" - So does it look like I'm still booted into Enigma 2 ?
    Thought it looked a little different before .. Maybe not.

Hi Technofobe - Yes when I click on Menu, I see "Open ATV" - So does it look like I'm still booted into Enigma 2 ?
    Thought it looked a little different before .. Maybe not.
    yep still in enigma2 so no harm done

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I consider myself to be a technical person, but I'm finding the SAB box (or more likely Open ATV) very confusing.

If I wanted to try someone else's image (e.g. givecredit's), what do I need to do? Is it a case of putting it on a USB stick and powering on while holding OK, or is there a different process?

If I wanted to try Spark instead of Enigma, what is the best way to get that set up?

Mr E wrote: »
    I consider myself to be a technical person, but I'm finding the SAB box (or more likely Open ATV) very confusing.

If I wanted to try someone else's image (e.g. givecredit's), what do I need to do? Is it a case of putting it on a USB stick and powering on while holding OK, or is there a different process?

If I wanted to try Spark instead of Enigma, what is the best way to get that set up?

Put it in a USB key, boot to spark and then use the e2upgrade plugin to install it, then boot back to enigma

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Mr E wrote: »

You've got two slots on the box: Spark and Enigma. You can switch between them by holding OK when powering on the box, and then using up/down arrows to select.

To try out somebody else's image, stick it on a USB, run the Enigma updater plugin from within Spark, and then boot into Enigma (via the above method). The only way to try out somebody else's image is to overwrite your current one, so back up anything you need.

Guys,
    My head is wrecked trying to get my channels together ( Terrestrial and UK Channels ).
    Can you let me know what the simplest way of achieving this please ?
    Is it Favourites / Cool Search / Bouquets ?
    I saw a mention in a post about dream box edit ?? What is this and where can I get my hands on it ?

Many thanks for your continued assistance.

Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Go Menu-setup- service searching- autobouqets. Press menu again, change area, (presume its Republic of Ireland sd.)
    Press green to start.
    It will ask if you want to perform nit scan, select yes.
    It will then run autobouqets.
    When finished your channels should be on

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Balmed Out wrote: »
    i put on hyperion 4 but im getting blank screens on the irish stations and when i try to do a scan it seems to hang at 0% completed 0 channels found?

Having same problem too, anybody have a update on a fix
    Cheers

• Advertisement

Having same problem too, anybody have a update on a fix
    Cheers

I tried flashing an open pli image (on which the PKT folks base their image) , but tuner wouldnt scan. Also tried to flash an ARP image (championc's from last Feb) seemed to flash OK, but won't boot ( showed splash screen for approx 1 main , then when blank, and hung there . would need to try another ARP image , to see if it was a once off or that the box does not like them) . will also try a hdmu image to see how that goes
    ATV images seem to work fine ( flashed Fresh pots, thank you for uploading) was getting some freezes on menus and while testing ts. HDD set up correctly (as far as I see)
    I have done and spent a lot of time exploring various images on my own AA2+ box over the last 14 months, and there has been differences highlighted between it and the AA2 box and even when the new display was added.There seem to be even more differences in these new boxes. But since, some images seem to work OK, I would imagine that most of the issues can be addressed by the clever people that put the images together, and that once the newer boxes are more common, the solution will follow.
    In the mean time........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement