Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Slevster wrote: »
    I tried flashing an open pli image (on which the PKT folks base their image) , but tuner wouldnt scan. Also tried to flash an ARP image (championc's from last Feb) seemed to flash OK, but won't boot ( showed splash screen for approx 1 main , then when blank, and hung there . would need to try another ARP image , to see if it was a once off or that the box does not like them) . will also try a hdmu image to see how that goes
    ATV images seem to work fine ( flashed Fresh pots, thank you for uploading) was getting some freezes on menus and while testing ts. HDD set up correctly (as far as I see)
    I have done and spent a lot of time exploring various images on my own AA2+ box over the last 14 months, and there has been differences highlighted between it and the AA2 box and even when the new display was added.There seem to be even more differences in these new boxes. But since, some images seem to work OK, I would imagine that most of the issues can be addressed by the clever people that put the images together, and that once the newer boxes are more common, the solution will follow.
    In the mean time........

In the meantime... I have been Running freshpots atv4.2 image smoothly on my AA2 triple tuner so will stick with it... So thanks slevster

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

TomPetty wrote: »
    Guys,
    My head is wrecked trying to get my channels together ( Terrestrial and UK Channels ).
    Can you let me know what the simplest way of achieving this please ?
    Is it Favourites / Cool Search / Bouquets ?
    I saw a mention in a post about dream box edit ?? What is this and where can I get my hands on it ?

Many thanks for your continued assistance.

Tom.

If you want to get them side-by-side in the same bouquet, press the menu button when viewing the channel list, enable 'move mode', and then you can cut&paste channels into different bouquets. I think you'll also want to disable the auto-updating in autobouquets to stop your changes being overwritten.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TomPetty

Thanks a million guys for your suggestions - I will try this out as soon as I get home from work.

Just another question - I was about to purchase an external drive from Amazon so that I can pause live TV and record etc ..
    Can I pretty much go with any option or no ?
    Should I go with External power or Drives that are powered from the USB ? Can I get any size I want ?

Thanks again for your help.

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Thanks a million guys for your suggestions - I will try this out as soon as I get home from work.

Just another question - I was about to purchase an external drive from Amazon so that I can pause live TV and record etc ..
    Can I pretty much go with any option or no ?
    Should I go with External power or Drives that are powered from the USB ? Can I get any size I want ?

Thanks again for your help.

Tom.

Get the Samsung M3, either 500GB or 1TB, have sold and setup a few of them, fast enough to record 2x HD recordings at the same time. You'll need to format it to ext3 to get the most of it, therefore Windows won't read it, but you can use the samba plugin to make it available as a network drive on your network

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    Get the Samsung M3, either 500GB or 1TB, have sold and setup a few of them, fast enough to record 2x HD recordings at the same time. You'll need to format it to ext3 to get the most of it, therefore Windows won't read it, but you can use the samba plugin to make it available as a network drive on your network

You can also format the HD on the box in Spark.

• Advertisement

Thanks folks - I read somewhere that you should use small drives ( 320 GB / 500 GB ) with external power. Is this true or false ?Or will I get away with a 1 TB USB Powered Drive on my Amiko Alien 2 ?

Many thanks,
    Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Thanks folks - I read somewhere that you should use small drives ( 320 GB / 500 GB ) with external power. Is this true or false ?Or will I get away with a 1 TB USB Powered Drive on my Amiko Alien 2 ?

Many thanks,
    Tom.

I think one of the drives suggested by many on this forum is a 1TB samsung wallet type....... that one is just usb powered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Harold Finchs Machine

mikom wrote: »
    I think one of the drives suggested by many on this forum is a 1TB samsung wallet type....... that one is just usb powered.

Ya can get a powered usb hub. Probably a good idea.

Imstuck wrote: »
    Go Menu-setup- service searching- autobouqets. Press menu again, change area, (presume its Republic of Ireland sd.)
    Press green to start.
    It will ask if you want to perform nit scan, select yes.
    It will then run autobouqets.
    When finished your channels should be on

Hi Guys,
    I have tried this - But all I can see are my Saorview Channels - I was hoping to see Saorview plus the UK Channels as well, like UTV / BBC / Film 4 etc etc .. Am I doing something wrong ?
    Please help !!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Hi Guys,
    I have tried this - But all I can see are my Saorview Channels - I was hoping to see Saorview plus the UK Channels as well, like UTV / BBC / Film 4 etc etc .. Am I doing something wrong ?
    Please help !!

Are your settings like this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Hi Guys,
    Please help !!
    autoboquets as the name suggests will sort channels in to several boquets
    are you sure your not just looking at an irish boquet ?

Thanks a million guys - I finally figured out how to move channels into a new Boquet / Folder that I created.
    Appreciate your help on this ..

Kind Regards,
    Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

PKT Hyperion is getting an update, Hyperion 4.5 is currently in testing on the Alien 2.
    GM990 - TEST IN PROGRESS
    GM7162 - TEST IN PROGRESS
    GM HYPERCUBE - NOT CONFIRMED
    GI XPEED LX2 @MIPS - TEST IN PROGRESS
    GI XPEED LX3 @MIPS - TEST IN PROGRESS

I'm looking forward to this release, Hyperion 4 is already the fastest and most stable E2 image on this box IMO. In-between testing various images I've had v4 on for months without a single green screen or problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Anyone upgrade to TSMedia 7.95?
    I'm on Hv4 and since upgrading I cannot open any of the plugins?

Anyone recommend anything for streaming other than TSMedia in Hv4?

cork_south wrote: »
    Anyone upgrade to TSMedia 7.95?
    I'm on Hv4 and since upgrading I cannot open any of the plugins?

Anyone recommend anything for streaming other than TSMedia in Hv4?
    Im using 7.91 only upgraded it last week or so did not know there was another update
    Anyway seems to be working ok as far as I can tell anything in particular you would like me to try and I could test it out for you

Technofobe wrote: »
    Im using 7.91 only upgraded it last week or so did not know there was another update
    Anyway seems to be working ok as far as I can tell anything in particular you would like me to try and I could test it out for you

In 7.95 the 1channel plugin won't even open.
    I might need to downgrade to .91 so if I can find the package.

Out if interest which tsmedia plugins do you use?

1 channel appears to work but a lot of servers are down
    youtube appears to work i went to motors bugatti veryon vs bmw and it played ok

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I find the 'IceFilms II' plugin very good for TV shows and films, choose the DVD streams from MovieReel (MR), they work perfectly for me 9 times out of 10.

Technofobe wrote: »
    1 channel appears to work but a lot of servers are down
    youtube appears to work i went to motors bugatti veryon vs bmw and it played ok

In .95 the 1channel app won't even open up from within tsmedia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I find the 'IceFilms II' plugin very good for TV shows and films, choose the DVD streams from MovieReel (MR), they work perfectly for me 9 times out of 10.

I don't see MovieReel (or any other source) named when I go to open a stream - they're just listed as Source 1, Source 2, etc.

I see in the setup an option to put in a MovieReelusername & password - where would you go to create this account?

• Advertisement

I went back to TSMedia 7.91 and its grand again.

fyi, the .95 upgrade becomes available when you do an upgrade through the PKT Blue Panel and I would recommend users of the AAII avoid that version.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭insullation

Have AA2 running E2 Openatv.
    When I do a terrestrial scan it finds the channels but the channels are blank then when I select them. Reception is good as saorview channels are perfect on saorview TV.
    Any ideas what I could be doing wrong as its wrecking my head.

Have AA2 running E2 Openatv.
    When I do a terrestrial scan it finds the channels but the channels are blank then when I select them. Reception is good as saorview channels are perfect on saorview TV.
    Any ideas what I could be doing wrong as its wrecking my head.

Is this a new box?
    This seems to be happening with increasing regularity if so, a few of us had the same problem a few pages back, mine was a tuner problem, I sent the box back to supplier who agreed there was a problem and the box us now with amiko I believe

Is this a new box?
    This seems to be happening with increasing regularity if so, a few of us had the same problem a few pages back, mine was a tuner problem, I sent the box back to supplier who agreed there was a problem and the box us now with amiko I believe

Yes - its a new box...booted in spark and I could get channels. Then booted back to E2 and got them once but had to do a rescan as was missing one channel but since I can't get any of them - yet they are all listed.

Yes - its a new box...booted in spark and I could get channels. Then booted back to E2 and got them once but had to do a rescan as was missing one channel but since I can't get any of them - yet they are all listed.

Try spark again, if they are missing there now it's probably a tuner problem ( mine were there but greyed out in spark un viewable) if not I'm not sure try re flashing the image

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

How are you scanning ? Auto or manual?
    Are you clearing before scan?
    When you scan, can you see that it has found the channels?
    How are you selecting the channels to view? (As in, when the scan is complete, do you return to one of your bouquets to select the channel?)
    When you are on the blank channel, go to the menu and have a look at the channel info and see if it is showing the correct freq etc
    Is it a backup image from one of the folks here that you are using?
    (Try the spark os again, as suggested above, and note the freq for your MUX's first, then reboot to Enigma, and do a manual scan , clearing beforehand, and once the scan is finished, select one of the found channels (should be a list of radio and TV) before returning to any pre arranged bouquets. (Or go to the "last scanned" bouquet) try a few different channels, to check if MUX 1 and 2 are tuned)

Slevster wrote: »
    How are you scanning ? Auto or manual?
    Are you clearing before scan?
    When you scan, can you see that it has found the channels?
    How are you selecting the channels to view? (As in, when the scan is complete, do you return to one of your bouquets to select the channel?)
    When you are on the blank channel, go to the menu and have a look at the channel info and see if it is showing the correct freq etc
    Is it a backup image from one of the folks here that you are using?
    (Try the spark os again, as suggested above, and note the freq for your MUX's first, then do a manual scan , clearing beforehand, and once the scan is finished, select one of the found channels (should be a list of radio and TV) before returning to any pre arranged bouquets. (Or go to the "last scanned" bouquet) try a few different channels, to check if MUX 1 and 2 are tuned)

How are you scanning ? Auto or manual? Tried both
    Are you clearing before scan? selected 'yes'
    When you scan, can you see that it has found the channels? - yes it lists channels
    How are you selecting the channels to view? Tried bouquets and regular method to browse channels - they are listed by greyed out in both.
    Is it a backup image from one of the folks here that you are using? - New box came with E2 installed.

Thanks for suggestions - I will try them later

How are you scanning ? Auto or manual? Tried both
    Are you clearing before scan? selected 'yes'
    When you scan, can you see that it has found the channels? - yes it lists channels
    How are you selecting the channels to view? Tried bouquets and regular method to browse channels - they are listed by greyed out in both.
    Is it a backup image from one of the folks here that you are using? - New box came with E2 installed.

Thanks for suggestions - I will try them later

My replacement came with openatv pre installed and I went to set it up just to save as back up and the same thing happened ( I thought here we go again)
    However when I flashed the image I was originally intending to use everything was perfect.
    Possibly something with the pre installed images?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Harold Finchs Machine

My replacement came with openatv pre installed and I went to set it up just to save as back up and the same thing happened ( I thought here we go again)
    However when I flashed the image I was originally intending to use everything was perfect.
    Possibly something with the pre installed images?

Yup, that preinstalled TVTrade image is gammy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Lost my terrestrial channels this morning as well.

I did an update of the base system (Open ATV 4.2) last night - I'm guessing that might be the issue.

Rolled back to an image from before the update and all working correctly again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement