Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Too. Many. Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Slicing my way through Hyrule Warriors, and really enjoying it! Particularly the local co-op play!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Neck-deep in Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii). Yes, it is quite easy, but HAL pulled a bit of a Wario Land by shifting the fail-punished to that of the collectibles, so it handily provides challenge for anyone (or, well, everyone) not too vexed by the main mode. The level of care and attention given to even the most obscure bits of set dressing is phenomenal; I heard it once described as 'more love and detail than anyone had the reasonable right to expect' and it would be difficult not to agree.

Never been 'that' into Kirby, aside from the odd flirtation, but I'd be keen on picking up Kirby's Adventure (Wii) after and having a crack at a more traditional offering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Currently on world 4 in Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze , Absolutely Wonderful , the music is probably some of the most beautiful pieces of orchestrated Melodies I have heard in quite some time, Rich colours and fantastic Fantastic platforming , loving every minute of it.

10 hours through Pokemon x after taking bit of a break from my 3ds , Love Love Love it, hopefully beat it before the new game is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Currently on world 4 in Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze , Absolutely Wonderful , the music is probably some of the most beautiful pieces of orchestrated Melodies I have heard in quite some time, Rich colours and fantastic Fantastic platforming , loving every minute of it.

Wait 'til you get to the secret levels. There's one called Bopopolis that marries the rhythmic platforming of DK with the beat of the backing track. It's balls-hard, but so brilliant. It took me about 20 odd shots to bomb through it, then I immediately went back into about innumerable times; it's just a glorious bit of design fanciness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,578 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Still trying to get all stars on mirror 150cc.

(I only really get to play on Fri and Sat!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got some major Ninty time in the other evening.
    Balloon Fight on the Famicom, in particular the Balloon Trip mode is brilliant.
    Followed this up with some Super Bomberman 3 on the SNES, along with SF2T and SMK on the same console.
    Luigi's Mansion got a look in then, as did Super Mario Sunshine, such good games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Trying to plough through ninja Gaiden 3 in preparation for Bayonetta. Forgot how mental the game is and takes me five minutes to remember my fave combos every time I get back into it.

Love it!
    https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAABUaXDLCya2A

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Switched on my 3DS for the first time in bloody ages. Animal Crossing... Jesus, my town has gone to crap. Weeds. Weeds everywhere!!

Ended up chopping down all the trees on the island in a moment of madness.

New town needed methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Smash bros 3DS. First smash bros game I've really clicked with, loving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 byrdbrayn

I'm currently playing Super Castlevania 4, its pretty good but I'm just spamming save states because the game can be so unfair... I wish I had as much self restraint as I had with the Megaman series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I played MK8 today for the first time with 5.1 surround sound, it added some great depth, threw on Arkham Origins for a few minutes as well tempted to play through it again with 5.1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Neck-deep in Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii). Yes, it is quite easy, but HAL pulled a bit of a Wario Land by shifting the fail-punished to that of the collectibles, so it handily provides challenge for anyone (or, well, everyone) not too vexed by the main mode. The level of care and attention given to even the most obscure bits of set dressing is phenomenal; I heard it once described as 'more love and detail than anyone had the reasonable right to expect' and it would be difficult not to agree.

Never been 'that' into Kirby, aside from the odd flirtation, but I'd be keen on picking up Kirby's Adventure (Wii) after and having a crack at a more traditional offering.

I was about 80% on epic yarn when I lost my save game :( All those collectibles! My house was looking lovely.

So beautiful, looking forward to Yoshi's woolly world :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

byrdbrayn wrote: »
    I'm currently playing Super Castlevania 4, its pretty good but I'm just spamming save states because the game can be so unfair... I wish I had as much self restraint as I had with the Megaman series.

I have it for the SNES a while now but have never really played it.
    Is it as good as SOTN.?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I'm playing Fantasy Life and working on leveling up some lives other than my main (which is hunter)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Was intrigued by that one. How is it? Too much of a lite version of too many game styles, or do they mesh well?

Yeeeeah! Finally got all three stars in all MK8 races!

Well, it's a bit deal for me. First time ever on a Mario Kart game!

What do i do now? Want to play more Mario Kart!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just started Majora on the Gamecube. Well the Wii using the gamecube disc which has the port of the N64 version.
    Ah, you know what I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

Bayonetta 2 Demo - I played it maximum number of times now and I can't play it again. And hardly can wait for a game to arrive from Amazon. This is gonna be GOTY!

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just started Majora on the Gamecube. Well the Wii using the gamecube disc which has the port of the N64 version.
    Ah, you know what I mean

That version used to crash a lot on me when I got to the later stages of the game :(. I found the Virtual Console release much more stable.

• Advertisement

The big question now is how far will I get into it before the 3DS version is announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Just picked up The Wonderful 101 as a break from Hyrule.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I just committed a mortal sin as far as games hoarding/collecting/ocd goes, the ORAS demo pissed me off so I opened my shrink wrapped Soul Silver last night, am stuck in the ruins of Alph atm. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I just committed a mortal sin as far as games hoarding/collecting/ocd goes, the ORAS demo pissed me off so I opened my shrink wrapped Soul Silver last night, am stuck in the ruins of Alph atm. :D

The real confession is Are you using the Pokewalker you should have gotten with it?

Still haven't gotten the demo....yet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Apparently in independent tests the Pokéwalker / WiiFit monitor is the most accurate commercial pedometer in the known world. So you have to use it.

abbir wrote: »
    That version used to crash a lot on me when I got to the later stages of the game :(. I found the Virtual Console release much more stable.

And you're right. Crashed twice on the first 3 days after turning human. So didn't get too far.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And you're right. Crashed twice on the first 3 days after turning human. So didn't get too far.

God's way of telling you to wait for the 3DS version.

Announcement any day now.

Any day...

(That'd seriously wreck my head, mind you)

Right, restarted on N64 version so up to where I got to before and have more done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Never played Bayonetta before on t'other systems but boy am I enjoying it on WiiU! Don't want to try no. 2 until I've finished this but already want to see that spinning around shooting everything matrix type move in the sequel!

• Advertisement

Longing for MK8 DLC, I stuck on MK Wii for a while.

I really don't love it at much as I thought I did.

I do love the Wii dashboard, or whatever the hell it's called. Haven't seen it in a while. Definitely one of my favourite consoles.

Advertisement