Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GaryWood

Pullblox/Pushmo is without a doubt the best value game on the whole 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Started a new run through Mario World on the SNES last night. God the music transports me straight back in time. What a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

Restarted Advance Wars Dual Strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Trine 2 is fantastic on the Wii U.

Having a go a RE4 on the Wii at the moment. I'm not liking the control scheme at all; very clunky and awkward.

Playing through Ghost Recon Shadow Wars on the 3DS and enjoying it more than I thought. It's quite simplistic but I'm sort of using it as a training tool before I jump into Fire Emblem Awakening!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Just finished a link between worlds, it was so much fun :D short enough but a good game. Finished it in 19.21, I do enjoy a lot of exploring and side quests though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Slowly slogging my way through Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, across both Wii U and 3DS now. Yeah, it really got it's claws into me.
    Just took out the Lagiacrus. Felt damn good, finishing him off with just a few minutes on the clock! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,547 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Spurred on by the fun/just-give-me-one-more-shot recent experience with MK8, I got MK7 for the hols. Motoring through it at the moment.

Good fun, but not a patch on 8.

MK8 has put to bed my worries about falling out of love with video games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oldie but so goodie
    Played 8 player Super Mario Kart Double Dash on a pair of linked Gamecubes last night as well as Gradius II on the Famicom.
    Also a spot of Balloon Fight, superior Joust clone.

Just finished 999 on the DS.

Mental, in a loveable LSD kind of way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Playing Kirby Triple Trouble on the 3DS right now , a gorgeous game, best use if 3D on the system too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Downloaded X-Type+ on the Wii U store. Fun little game and very addictive. Also like the use of the right analogue stick for firing your weapon in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I started Pikmin 3 on the Wii U last night, only played for 1/2 hour but seemed fun! I'm OK playing it on my Pro Controller, with my GamePad on a stand beside me, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I was in a huff with the missus because she wouldn't let me block the Telly with my head while I searched for the game case for Mario Kart (it was in the WiiU 'cause I was downloading the Mercedes cars), so to assert my independence I finally started that game, played the first 2 cups without her. Don't tell her or I'm dead.

Black Yoshi in the Merc coupé looks awesome - can't remember who's tip that was but thanks!

Downloaded X-Type+ on the Wii U store. Fun little game and very addictive. Also like the use of the right analogue stick for firing your weapon in the game.

It's very much another console edition of a set of free PC games from ABA games.
    They also made RRootage and Noiz, amongst others.
    Those were included in the Blastworks game for the Wii as extras.

I got a good Famicom session in yesterday and found myself absorbed by Quarth, a curiously addictive shooter/puzzler hybrid from Konami.
    You are firing blocks from your ship at an array of Tetris style arrangements, forming full four sided masses before they disappear.

There's a port on the jap PS2 that I might pick up. Might have it on the Mame can as well, have to check.

Just played Quarth on the Mame cab and, sadly, it goes by the charming name Block Hole, and it's more of a 2 player competitive puzzler there.
    Still fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,713 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started playing Ace Attorney again. Played before but stopped at a point and moved on. So back and started from the beginning again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Started playing Ace Attorney again. Played before but stopped at a point and moved on. So back and started from the beginning again

Dual Destinies? Playing that myself actually, about halfway through the 3rd episdoe. Pretty good so far, some of the characters are ridiculous (of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,713 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nope. The very first one. I get a wee bit behind on games. :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Nope. The very first one. I get a wee bit behind on games. :)

Ah. I'll be replaying them when they're released on 3DS.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Played some Rayman Legends with the kids earlier, we actually spent 5 minutes in one of the level select areas slapping each other silly, great laugh. Smash Bros. will be on the shopping list now I reckon.

Also played some Mario Kart - god almighty Battle Mode is utterly rubbish. Shocking that somebody in Nintendo though it would be a good idea to use race courses instead of arenas - they must not have play tested that at all. Not really a fan of the Merc vehicles either, they look totally out of place imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,547 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Yeeeaaah! Suck it 150cc!

Finally got 3 stars in all of 'em.

First time ever in a MK game. Woooo!!

Edit: Ow! I'm on a roll here. Mirror cup 3 star Special Cup on next go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Smash Bros 3ds demo lately. Looking forward to the release!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Going to start Tales of the abyss tonight on 3DS have played it a couple of times now but never got very far am going to try and beat it this time, then I have Bravely Default to try so should be a few good nights trying them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Going to start Tales of the abyss tonight on 3DS have played it a couple of times now but never got very far am going to try and beat it this time, then I have Bravely Default to try so should be a few good nights trying them out.

Go for Abyss first, Bravely Default is a great game, but about half way through you have to play through about 10-15 hours of repetitive play before getting to the last quarter of the game, it turned quite a few people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,286 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Started Mystical Ninja starring Goeman last night after finally picking up a copy for my beloved N64. Just need to find cash for the sequel now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Been playing allot of Golf on Game Boy. Very basic golf game. Frustrating for a long while but once you know how far each club will hit the ball and how much influence the wind has it's pretty fun. Not a patch on the later GBC and GBA golf games but still fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No mentions of Hyrule Warriors yet...
    Amazon dispatched mine on Saturday, estimated delivery date was today, no sign, but I wasn't expecting it till tomorrow realistically.
    Anyone playing it?

Star Lord wrote: »
    No mentions of Hyrule Warriors yet...
    Amazon dispatched mine on Saturday, estimated delivery date was today, no sign, but I wasn't expecting it till tomorrow realistically.
    Anyone playing it?

I've played the 1st 4 levels of Legend mode. It's good fun so far.

The regular enemies don't require muh thought to defeat, but there's "captain" types of enemies as well that require a bit more thought, like Darknuts and Lizalfos.

The bosses are similar enough to Zelda in execution, except in the middle of a battlefield.

There's good variation in the characters so far as well, and their movesets (although they all are the same buttons for combos), and there's good scope for upgrading and customisation.

Not as good as a Zelda game (but not much is) but still very good and enjoyable imo.

I picked up Bowser's Inside Story a while back for a price I couldn't pass up. Finally got around to playing it at the weekend. Opened up the box only to discover that they actually put the Partners In Time cartridge in there instead!:mad:

I feel so out of balance now. Like a cat without whiskers. If anyone comes across the cartridge for BIS and the case and manual for PIT could you please point me towards them? :o

PIT is actually verygood though. I've sunk about 4 hours into it so far and it's quite enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭deadduck

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Also played some Mario Kart - god almighty Battle Mode is utterly rubbish. Shocking that somebody in Nintendo though it would be a good idea to use race courses instead of arenas - they must not have play tested that at all. Not really a fan of the Merc vehicles either, they look totally out of place imo.

So true, the battle mode is complete rubbish, I can't understand all the 10/10 reviews it got considering that. the main game is great, but the battle mode? give me the SNES version any day!

Advertisement