Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options
1133134135136137139»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Caved and bought Mario Kart again, having played a few races on the cousin's switch. Had it previously on the Wii U and was reluctant to pay out top dollar again for exactly the same game, but I REGRET NOTHING

Whole family loving it (again). To me, it's the epitome of a Nintendo game, and why they will always make money, no matter what the hardware, the competition, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I'm about to finish TOTK and eyeing this up as my next main game. Is there a lot of crafting and optimising load-outs, etc.? Because I've no patience for that kind of thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Mostly exploring and finding resources to upgrade your stuff. Plenty of pew pews too. I just got my mech so I'm a happy camper now.

You will be mining and scanning a lot but its totally worth it.

The latest expedition is pretty great too and the s class ship you get from it is very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,507 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

You know the Switch DLC for Mario Kart doubles the number of courses. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Xofpod

We're well down that rabbit hole. New controllers as well. Send help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,507 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

On Switch you can get pretty decent 3rd party pro controllers now that are much cheaper than the official one and nearly as good.

Also a good idea to sign up for the online if even for a month, just to do battle with the rest of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

There's a demo of No Man's Sky available at the moment. Think its only available for a couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finally got all secrets in Prince of Persia. Just need to grind for currency to upgrade amulets and I'll have 100%.

The new update this week really helped with the collectables. Fariba sells treasure maps for each area for 100 crystals. I could NOT find 1 coin in the depths and 1 coin in the lower city. The map also shows crystal deposits (I had missed a few, especially in the Tower of Silence).

Fantastic game. I'm on 50+ hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just rummaging through a bag looking for Fire Emblem amiibos and I found myself a copy of Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series.

This is gonna be a fun afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Advertisement

Yep, finished at 100% on 56 hours I think. Not sure if boss attempts are included in that time. It is a huge game though.

"Howlongtobeat" says 29.5 hours for completionists though. Depends on your playstyle and ability level.

I have Hogwart's Legacy ready to go as my next big game, but I think I need a palette cleanser before jumping into another huge game.

So my next game is Rebel Transmute, a Metroidvania that came out 2 weeks ago.

It's a nice short one, definitely under 10 hours with a decent sized map. Good challenge too. You start with a very short range gun, so it's almost a melee game.

Beat the first boss this morning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Snap; picked that up yesterday. Created by one guy - and it shows in some respects - but a nice feel to the thing. Very much wearing its inspirations on its sleeve but I've like the cut of its jib so far. I did have to turn on the HD Fonts 'cos the pixelation was just too much in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

The last night of Mario Kart 8 Wii U online :(

Let me tell you, the competition is fierce tonight

For my Metroidvania peeps, Ato is a new game that came out last week.

No real enemies apart from bosses (and they aren't super difficult - yet!). Lots of fun platforming, puzzles, upgrades, lovely pixel art, a great soundtrack and a decent sized map. Should be 6-8 hours in length.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Can’t get enough of the new Shiren The Wanderer over the past week. A deceptively simple roguelike (turn based movement and combat, in which the enemies move / attack when you move/attack) expands in scale as you discover more about its various systems, items and secrets. So much potential for fun emergent gameplay and random moments of chance (sometime positive, sometimes will end your run in a moment). Runs great on the Switch thanks to a simple but effective 3D art style. It’s often pretty difficult and lacks the consistent progression of some roguelites - but splits the difference with some subquests that add extra items to the pool as you go and optional additional support characters.

One of the Switch’s finest games IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭brady12

Astral Chain . Surprised at how well it runs and how good it looks . Playing docked .

Finished this 100% a few days ago. Final time was 11h 30m. Dark AF storyline!

After about an hour at the default difficulty, I restarted the game at the one below that. Still a good challenge but some of the bosses were a bit easier. Great game - one of those hidden gems on Switch that not many will play (unfortunately).

I'm on Tales of Kenzara: Zau now. It's good, but I'm not absolutely loving it yet - I'll persevere.

Advertisement