Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Good, I see mh3 is spreading!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Good, I see mh3 is spreading!

I have had it since I got my WiiU a few months ago but have yet to touch it. Any advice before jumping in? Think one of my friends will be playing it through with me online. Can you link up literally from the beginning?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Once you've got the first quest or two out of the way, and can make your way to Port Tanzia and go multi-player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Donkey Kong tropical freeze is so amazing so far , Often putting down the controller just to hear the music , its soo good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels - **** me this is hard. They weren't kidding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pokemon TCG, insomnia and OCD is a dangerous mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Pokémon Y. My first Pokémon game since Pokémon Blue (or Yellow, can't remember) and I am absolutely loving it. On Route 13 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Currently playing through Okami on the Wii, it's a great Zelda game, the waggle controls take a bit to get used to though. I really like the humour in it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Currently playing through Okami on the Wii, it's a great Zelda game, the waggle controls take a bit to get used to though. I really like the humour in it as well.

Have the prequel/sequel Okamiden; picked it up last Christmas and have been meaning to give it a go, looks awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My monster hunter compulsions are reaching the level where I'm considering buying the 3DS version too, to have the game mobile too... D:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,422 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got Pokemon Black for my nephew a few weeks ago, and played it a good bit while showing him how to play it.
    Now I have the Pokemon bug again and I'm back playing my copy of Pokemon Y (abandoned months ago after third badge).

Really enjoying it (again).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Have the prequel/sequel Okamiden; picked it up last Christmas and have been meaning to give it a go, looks awesome.

I'm playing Okamiden for the first time properly.
    I've had it a while now but never played it beyond the first hour, so jumping in.
    Everything about it is lovely, even the frequent loading times are brief so it's not too bad.
    Only issue is the map is non interactive and not labelled, so you nearly have to go old school and make notes.
    Plus there's no handy way points on it either, or in gameplay, making it a bit troublesome to navigate to the next point in a task.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,713 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I will say for Okamiden and this isn't a spoiler, but there's a really long ending to it so if you want to watch all of it, be sure your battery is charged.
    I was on a plane and the battery light started flashing when
    I was fighting the final boss so beat the boss
    and then I just skipped the ending sequence to save my game before the battery died.
    Just watched the ending then on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 19,547 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'm trying to get three stars on the 150cc races in MK8.

Christ on a bike, it's been a while since a controller of mine was in serious danger, but p&$s of with yer crappy shells and leave me alone!!

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I'm trying to get three stars on the 150cc races in MK8.

Christ on a bike, it's been a while since a controller of mine was in serious danger, but p&$s of with yer crappy shells and leave me alone!!

A word of warning, you get absolutely nothing for 3-starring everything, apart from the satisfaction. I spent ages doing it and while I'm glad to have it done it doesn't unlock anything and you don't even get the 3-stars next to your name online. Seems a bit weird to have nothing for doing it.

Really?? Nothing?

Well, that is very disappointing!

I'm gonna keep at it though, because a) I've never "completed" a Mario Kart before, despite many, many efforts, and b) frustration aside it's fantastically enjoyable and i dont want to move on to another game yet.

Thanks, though.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Really?? Nothing?

Well, that is very disappointing!

I'm gonna keep at it though, because a) I've never "completed" a Mario Kart before, despite many, many efforts, and b) frustration aside it's fantastically enjoyable and i dont want to move on to another game yet.

Thanks, though.

Yeah I was a bit shocked myself. it's still enjoyable trying to do it though. I worked my way through the last couple of cups watching tv and playing it on the gamepad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Started playing The Wind Waker again today, first time since I had it for the GC, forgot how good of a game it was.

All the talk of Okami on here has me in the mood to finally give this a proper go. Had it in the backlog since it came out on the Wii!

So far, looks nice, love the Japanese-ness of it. Not quite immersed yet, though.

Punch out on the e-shop sale. Its really really good, I'm surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

I've 12 quid left on my eShop account, any suggestions? (3DS)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

cloud493 wrote: »

How much was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

marko93 wrote: »
    I've 12 quid left on my eShop account, any suggestions? (3DS)

What do you have already?

Xenji wrote: »
    How much was it?

€2.50.

Edit - put 3 quid more into your account and get harmoknight.

I bought this, Mega man 3, Mega man 3 and pac-man in the sale. Pleasantly surprised with the quality of all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels - **** me this is hard. They weren't kidding.

Too hard for us westerners it seems, it's the real Super Mario Bros 2.

I'm making it my mission to finish it, I just need to get past world 1-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Deano7788 wrote: »
    What do you have already?

From the eshop? Just Cave story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

marko93 wrote: »
    From the eshop? Just Cave story

I'd recommend Pullblox so (if you like puzzle games anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    Too hard for us westerners it seems, it's the real Super Mario Bros 2.

Have in the Super Mario All stars + World cart for the Snes.
    Isn't it the same, aside from the updated visuals and the save feature?

Advertisement