Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Double Dash is better than the Wii version.
    Tracks are a normal width, proper controllers and the option to link up to 4 machines via LAN for 16 local player mayhem.
    We have managed 2 machines and 8 players and it's insane fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

Bayonetta 2 is AMAZING. The stuff that's going on on the screen is unbelievable. Sadly, the game doesn't look THAT great when there's no action around - the locations are empty, with not enough amount of details, and built using copy-paste. BUT when the action hits - it hits hard and there's no other game that can ever dream to match it. Boss fights are EPIC, the controls are swift and perfectly layed out. The worst part of the game is the story and the cutscenes. They're really, really, really bad.
    But who cares when there's so much to kill there?

B1eM_omCQAARxDv.jpg
    B1eG4UzCAAExeE4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Rediscovered my love for Animal Crossing: New Leaf a few days ago. I really like it, there's always a ton of things to do in that game, it really does consume a huge chunk of my time hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Super Castlevania IV on the Wii u VC. very enjoyable platformer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Smash Wii u. I don't know why I bother lol

Also, very disappointed with the build quality moof the amiibos... Cost a buck more than infinity figures, but feel cheap as hell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

COYVB wrote: »
    Smash Wii u. I don't know why I bother lol

Also, very disappointed with the build quality moof the amiibos... Cost a buck more than infinity figures, but feel cheap as hell

No idea why you bother, you'll have to tell us.

Shame if the amiibos aren't very robust, was hoping to start my kids collecting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Yeah, I was super disappointed TBH. I love the build on the infinity characters, but these feel cheap as hell and nowhere as near as well made aesthetically

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just started the first Bayonetta.

Stone trophies are the best trophies, right? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just started the first Bayonetta.

Stone trophies are the best trophies, right? :o

I presume so, since I never see any others....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Finally started fire emblem awakening. Really enjoying it so far, it's a better series than advance wars but I do wish there was another advance wars title announced. It'd be a serious nostalgia buzz for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Fantasy Life, it's a lovely game with so much to do in it. 13 hours in and I've barely progressed the story because I'm too busy trying out all the different jobs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm still trying to figure out if Bayonetta 2 is much more generous with its trophies or I've just gotten better at the game - think it could be both! I've comfortably managed to get gold or platinum trophies on hard without any issues (bar the fact that the final level takes a while to play through!).

Think I'll play through a bit of Bayonetta 1 on the Wii U again. Got through hard on the 360 but with mostly dodgy results, curious to see if the knowledge carried over from the second would translate to better trophies. Although the second is definitely the easier game overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

So just when I was going to start Bayonetta 2, I have a quick browse through the Bayo1 wiki.....my oh my there's a lot of weapons I haven't found! Time to get the whip out!

...sorry Bayo2; soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Was giving mario and luigi dream team another go, it's a fun game but I get pretty tired of the really long rpg battles with every small guy you bump into! They get pretty long as you move along and the enemies get stronger.

Now I remember I've never finished a mario and luigi game.....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not really. As long as you are leveling up, allocating the points to upgrade yourself, get the jigsaw pieces to learn new moves, and buying new clothes and badges, the battles all take the same amount of time (you just have to learn new techniques and counters).

The only exception is the boss battles -
    Some of those can be quite long, but very rewarding and satisfying when you beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Needs some stickers!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 nutsnboltz1

Hey guys, I'm playing a few games atm as always haha. I just got Rayman Legends on the Wii U so I'm jumping in and out of that and while I'm absolutely loving it, I think I might have preferred to get it on the vita as I'm not mad about the Murphy sections on Wii U tbh and I just find that the gamepads screen is nowhere as responsive as the Vita's. I'm also working my way through Fire Emblem GBA, its a great game but I have to say I actually preferred the Sacred Stones on the 3ds, I can't wait to play FE: Awakening btw :) Finally I'm also playing Twilight Princess on the cube, I've never finished the game before as I'd give up after getting to around the sky temple as I hated waggling the wii mote its a joy to actually play this with buttons for a change :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 makehimanoffer

Just got the new Bayonetta 2 and 1 bundle in Argos yesterday. It's so good. Also the best price to get it.

That and Smash 4 of course. Have most of the amiibos I want so far (except Kirby and Little Mac).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Been playing Twilight Princess over xmas on the WiiU , 50hours in, I'm really enjoying it, but I fear I may give up by the weekend, just seems to keep going and going. I'm at snowpeak ruins.

This is the year I battle through my massive backlog

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I was thinking I'd try and do the same. I finally quit the horribly addictive Marvel Puzzle Quest, which consumes game-time and then not-originally-allocated-to-gaming-but-with-a-bit-of-jiggling...-time and then what-the-hell-is-that-phone-doing-out-again?-time until you're playing more than you're not, and for what? A picture of the new Thor? Anyway... I ignored my 3DS a lot in the last 340 days or so. It ends now! Kirby, we shall be together once more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Smash on the WiiU and I'm enjoying it a lot more than Brawl. Why I don't know but it could have something to do with Zero Suit Samus in black.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Banjo wrote: »
    I was thinking I'd try and do the same. I finally quit the horribly addictive Marvel Puzzle Quest, which consumes game-time and then not-originally-allocated-to-gaming-but-with-a-bit-of-jiggling...-time and then what-the-hell-is-that-phone-doing-out-again?-time until you're playing more than you're not, and for what? A picture of the new Thor? Anyway... I ignored my 3DS a lot in the last 340 days or so. It ends now! Kirby, we shall be together once more.

I really liked Kirby Triple Delux last year on the 3ds. Another one I must go back to as well.

I'm not too excited about the WiiU Kirby, I might give it a miss but I did manage to get a Kirby Amiibo, so, maybe....

Next up after I 'finish' TP, im gonna go back to 'A Shadows Tail', must finish it, such a lovely underrated game. Then I'm gonna give Skyward Sword a bash.

Then I've got about a million ps3 games to start and don't even start me on my backlog of ps4 games lol, but they can wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

My missus is playing Super Paper Mario on Wii, the dialogue seems 2nd to none, it's really genuinely very funny.
    It's like anyone with a sense of humour gets moved onto the Paper Mario Team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

Banjo wrote: »
    I finally quit the horribly addictive Marvel Puzzle Quest, which consumes game-time and then not-originally-allocated-to-gaming-but-with-a-bit-of-jiggling...-time and then what-the-hell-is-that-phone-doing-out-again?-time until you're playing more than you're not, and for what? A picture of the new Thor?
    I'm the same with clash of clans....it's monopolised my "standing waiting" time for two years now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Cormac... wrote: »
    My missus is playing Super Paper Mario on Wii, the dialogue seems 2nd to none, it's really genuinely very funny.
    It's like anyone with a sense of humour gets moved onto the Paper Mario Team

Brought that over the Christmas can't wait to play it!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think the opposite of true of most mainstream games, certainly Ubisoft and Activision and the like.
    Anyone with a sense of humour is immediately fired!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Having a shot of The Legend of The Mystical Ninja.

Think I might give Skyward Sword some of the care & attention it deserves this evening.

Thinking of Skyward myself, I barely made a scratch in that one, must correct that mistake before Majors pops up in a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Brought that over the Christmas can't wait to play it!!

There's a bit where there's a guy ranting about the Pre-ordered version of a game having a different character outfit and he says he's gonna go on internet forums and blast the game big time even though he doesn't own it.....

it.... was.... GENIUS
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Any other Fantasy Life players here?

Love that game! :)

Advertisement